• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Night Rider View Post

It varies from city to city here.

My city ordinance is revolvers have to have a barrel between 4 and 6 inches and can only be .38 Special or .357 Magnum. They can be DAO or DA/SA but not SAO.

Semiautomatics must have a minimum 4 inch barrel and can only be chambered in 9mm or .40 S&W (the next county over allows .45ACP as well, NOBODY allows 10mm) and must be SFA DAO or TDA.

A special endorsement on your guard card is required to carry concealed and another is required for plain clothes.

Carrying an authorized weapon is a second degree felony punishable by up to 2 years in the state penitentiary.
    Wow, that's alotta rules

Lucky I don't stay in ur neck of the woods...10 mil's my favorite caliber; one I carry on duty frequently )

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post
    Smart states will have prescribed requirements for weapon style, barrel length, calibers , etc. Not an individual’s choice.
    Over-regulation is never good

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Smart states will have prescribed requirements for weapon style, barrel length, calibers , etc. Not an individual’s choice.
    It varies from city to city here.

My city ordinance is revolvers have to have a barrel between 4 and 6 inches and can only be .38 Special or .357 Magnum. They can be DAO or DA/SA but not SAO.

Semiautomatics must have a minimum 4 inch barrel and can only be chambered in 9mm or .40 S&W (the next county over allows .45ACP as well, NOBODY allows 10mm) and must be SFA DAO or TDA.

A special endorsement on your guard card is required to carry concealed and another is required for plain clothes.

Carrying an authorized weapon is a second degree felony punishable by up to 2 years in the state penitentiary.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    You carry what is appropriate for your site and the neighborhood around it. You also know the limitations of your equipment.

Our state used to require that if you carried defensive equipment you also carried handcuffs. The reason was if you had to use force, the suspect would be detained to prevent further problems and the police would come for an arrest.

For armed carry, sometimes a smaller pistol is more discrete and perfectly appropriate. But, if I worked in say, Los Angeles, then yes, I'd carry a hand cannon and make sure I was accurate with it.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 02-11-2022, 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling; trying not to start another flame war

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post
    I guess @ an account like that, you'd likely b ok w/a basic duty rig without too much extras
    I'd say you'd be OK with a basic duty rig without to many extras on MOST accounts

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied

IDK

I worked as a gate guard for the local utility. Most of the sites weren't open to the public so I didn't have to put up with most of the "Mall Cop" crap other guards have to deal with and the Utility paid 50% above scale

My site was right next to where the county kept their snow plows and dump trucks and all their other road equipment and a fuel point So I had to deal with a lot of cops coming to my gate thinking it was the way into the County site where their fuel point was but that was about the extent of it.

What I did have to deal with was a bunch of City/County/Utilities employees who wanted to know if my gun was real , who wanted to know if my gun was loaded, who wanted to know why I thought I needed to carry a gun at work. My usual response was "Your employer wants me to carry a gun, so I carry a gun."

I also got to deal with the owner of a local (private) electrical contractor who used to follow me around and tell everyone in the AO "Watch out! This guard has a gun! Watch out or he'll shoot you!!!" He was buddies with the utilities management and I was some random guard so he got to do that.

It got really, really old really, really quick and it taught me to do everything I possibly could to deemphasise the fact that I was armed. That tendency has carried over into my real life

Firsr one seems like ur typical "liberal" snowflake space cadet

As far as the second interaction, seems nothing more than just good-natured ribbing 2 me...I'm aware that stuff can get old real quick, lol

I guess @ an account like that, you'd likely b ok w/a basic duty rig without too much extras

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    You're taken FAR more seriously as a security officer if you have a firearm
    IDK

I worked as a gate guard for the local utility. Most of the sites weren't open to the public so I didn't have to put up with most of the "Mall Cop" crap other guards have to deal with and the Utility paid 50% above scale

My site was right next to where the county kept their snow plows and dump trucks and all their other road equipment and a fuel point So I had to deal with a lot of cops coming to my gate thinking it was the way into the County site where their fuel point was but that was about the extent of it.

What I did have to deal with was a bunch of City/County/Utilities employees who wanted to know if my gun was real , who wanted to know if my gun was loaded, who wanted to know why I thought I needed to carry a gun at work. My usual response was "Your employer wants me to carry a gun, so I carry a gun."

I also got to deal with the owner of a local (private) electrical contractor who used to follow me around and tell everyone in the AO "Watch out! This guard has a gun! Watch out or he'll shoot you!!!" He was buddies with the utilities management and I was some random guard so he got to do that.

It got really, really old really, really quick and it taught me to do everything I possibly could to deemphasise the fact that I was armed. That tendency has carried over into my real life

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Also Soper I don't live in a commie "lib" state like u do

Ur mentality betrays it too - ur pro trans/lgbt, pro-vaccine, advocate of criminals' rights - based on ur post history

I bet u feel that handgun mags should be 10 rounds or less too, lol

Well I carry 90 rounds or more total while on duty - whether u like it or think I'm bs'ing or not 😄

& cops don't really care how u deal w/criminals on ur property (post when on duty) as long as u follow the proper UoF continuums
    Last edited by The Enforcer; 02-07-2022, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied

Utter BS….as usual.
    Dude...I got pics if u want, lol

& on top of these there's a lotta peeps I could've handcuffed but 4 whatever reason didn't (ex. woman; large crowd gathering/subject already off the property)

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied

Carrying a weapon has NOTHING to do with “pride, honor, and dignity…”

if you need a gun to give you that, you’ve just proved AGAIN why you and those like you should not be allowed to touch a firearm.
    You're taken FAR more seriously as a security officer if you have a firearm

WTF is an unarmed guy gonna do in a stick-up?
    Last edited by The Enforcer; 02-07-2022, 09:48 AM. Reason: Emphasis

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied

I can stand next to someone who isn’t using the same service as me and they can’t connect. You really need to learn things instead of making it up to make yourself seem important.

You're not.
    Whatever you say Bro

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

Whatever you say Bro
    I can stand next to someone who isn’t using the same service as me and they can’t connect. You really need to learn things instead of making it up to make yourself seem important.

You're not.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

I've honestly lost count of how many people I cuffed over the years (subtle brag) lol

Never any legal or civil issues either, as I had them all dead to the rights

Oh yeah, the cops...take a half an hour at least to show up after the call is made & on top of that - often cut the dirtbags loose without even running them in high-crime areas

Sorry, I'm just the proactive, results-oriented type )

But yeah ur right about the dip****s with doorstoppers (Hi-Point, Taurus), lol - those just need to be steered in the right direction & then save up for a higher-end firearm
    Utter BS….as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

Of course they did

People (leftist, "liberal" idiots) think it's intimidating for security to wield a duty/utility belt laden with all kinds of weapons, restraints, & pouches

Not to mention, criminals have rights too & shouldn't be stopped; if they are, they have every right to sue & get paid out

Ok, back on topic now...carrying weapons adds pride, honor, & dignity to the job & it's not like they're constantly in use - a great majority of the time, just their presence alone is sufficient enough to deter many types of crime

One idiotic policy I ran into once is the company issue of a pistol, baton, & bulletproof vest...no handcuffs "we're not police officers"🤦‍♂️
    Carrying a weapon has NOTHING to do with “pride, honor, and dignity…”

if you need a gun to give you that, you’ve just proved AGAIN why you and those like you should not be allowed to touch a firearm.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X