X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Night Rider View Post

You couldn't pay me enough to handcuff someone. Unless my employer stated IN WRITING that they would cover any legal expenses arising from my GOOD FAITH use of restraints.

As for criminals deal with criminals isn't MY job. Calling the cops so THEY can deal with criminals is my job.

I've seen too many Dipsh*ts carrying HiPoints at work to think that the mere presence of a weapon adds "dignify"
    I've honestly lost count of how many people I cuffed over the years (subtle brag) lol

Never any legal or civil issues either, as I had them all dead to the rights

Oh yeah, the cops...take a half an hour at least to show up after the call is made & on top of that - often cut the dirtbags loose without even running them in high-crime areas

Sorry, I'm just the proactive, results-oriented type )

But yeah ur right about the dip****s with doorstoppers (Hi-Point, Taurus), lol - those just need to be steered in the right direction & then save up for a higher-end firearm

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

Of course they did

People (leftist, "liberal" idiots) think it's intimidating for security to wield a duty/utility belt laden with all kinds of weapons, restraints, & pouches

Not to mention, criminals have rights too & shouldn't be stopped; if they are, they have every right to sue & get paid out

Ok, back on topic now...carrying weapons adds pride, honor, & dignity to the job & it's not like they're constantly in use - a great majority of the time, just their presence alone is sufficient enough to deter many types of crime

One idiotic policy I ran into once is the company issue of a pistol, baton, & bulletproof vest...no handcuffs "we're not police officers"🤦‍♂️
    You couldn't pay me enough to handcuff someone. Unless my employer stated IN WRITING that they would cover any legal expenses arising from my GOOD FAITH use of restraints.

As for criminals deal with criminals isn't MY job. Calling the cops so THEY can deal with criminals is my job.

I've seen too many Dipsh*ts carrying HiPoints at work to think that the mere presence of a weapon adds "dignify"

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied

There's certain things security guards aren't legally able to carry where I'm at. No impact weapons for instance. So my employer telling me that I can't have an ASP only makes sense.

I once worked for a company that required all of their armed guards to buy their own equipment. Including the gun some of these guys laid out almost $1,000 for their kit and two months later the client disarmed the contract.
    Of course they did

People (leftist, "liberal" idiots) think it's intimidating for security to wield a duty/utility belt laden with all kinds of weapons, restraints, & pouches

Not to mention, criminals have rights too & shouldn't be stopped; if they are, they have every right to sue & get paid out

Ok, back on topic now...carrying weapons adds pride, honor, & dignity to the job & it's not like they're constantly in use - a great majority of the time, just their presence alone is sufficient enough to deter many types of crime

One idiotic policy I ran into once is the company issue of a pistol, baton, & bulletproof vest...no handcuffs "we're not police officers"🤦‍♂️
    Last edited by The Enforcer; 01-31-2022, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post
    Pistol/mags/ammo, vest, baton, pepper spray, cuffs, knife, & all corresponding pouches/duty belt - mine, all mine, lol

This is definitely how I prefer it as it gives me more control & say-so as a professional; hate idiot companies that micromanage ("can't carry this, can only have that"👎👎👎)
    There's certain things security guards aren't legally able to carry where I'm at. No impact weapons for instance. So my employer telling me that I can't have an ASP only makes sense.

I once worked for a company that required all of their armed guards to buy their own equipment. Including the gun some of these guys laid out almost $1,000 for their kit and two months later the client disarmed the contract.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

Incorrect.
    Whatever you say Bro

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    I don't know, take it for what it's worth but with all the carriers pretty much operating off the same Towers if one phone won't work in a given location none of them will
    Incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Pistol/mags/ammo, vest, baton, pepper spray, cuffs, knife, & all corresponding pouches/duty belt - mine, all mine, lol

This is definitely how I prefer it as it gives me more control & say-so as a professional; hate idiot companies that micromanage ("can't carry this, can only have that"👎👎👎)
    Last edited by The Enforcer; 01-27-2022, 07:48 PM. Reason: Necessary Addendums

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    I don't know, take it for what it's worth but with all the carriers pretty much operating off the same Towers if one phone won't work in a given location none of them will

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied

What does your employer issue?
    An Apple iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Another equipment challenge I am having right is selecting a new cell phone.

Here is the challenge, the building where I has lots of brick and mortar and cell phone coverage is terrible.

So, I am looking for an Android smartphone that will work with BOTH AT&T, Verizon and be able to do native wifi calling and texting.

Right now I am leaning towards a Google Pixel 6 from AT&T. (I have purchased unlocked smartphones, in the past. While they work with AT&T, wifi calling/testing would not!)
    What does your employer issue?

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    Another equipment challenge I am having right is selecting a new cell phone.

Here is the challenge, the building where I has lots of brick and mortar and cell phone coverage is terrible.

So, I am looking for an Android smartphone that will work with BOTH AT&T, Verizon and be able to do native wifi calling and texting.

Right now I am leaning towards a Google Pixel 6 from AT&T. (I have purchased unlocked smartphones, in the past. While they work with AT&T, wifi calling/testing would not!)

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    I have two old Streamlight Stingers. The one I am using right now was incandescent, but I upgraded it to LED.

The other one is OEM LED, but one of the original Streamlight Stinger LEDs, which wasn't all that bright. I am looking at updating it to an 800 lumen LED.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    What? The flashlight advertised on late night TV only lasted 2 weeks? But it shows it getting run over by a Humvee! I am so disappointed. (Kidding.)

I generally use the company equipment unless I have a specific preference, and then I make sure it is approved if it has to be. I will agree with Night Rider about boots, especially safety features. I am very indebted to the site supervisor on my first guard job at the port who told me to buy a pair of steel toe boots ASAP. I kid you not, within the first 6 months a trucker ran over my foot accidentally - only damage was a small dent in my boot. I kept wearing them until they wore out - a daily visual reminder of "Safety First."

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    The only thing I'm really a Gear Whore about is my footwear and my cold weather wear. I would add rain gear to that but It's been AT LEAST four years since it rained more than five minutes where I'm at.

Leave a comment:

• The Night Rider
    replied
    All the Police, Fire and EMS channels here are encrypted.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X