Best brand leather duty belt / sam browne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best brand leather duty belt / sam browne

I am looking for a good replacement for my current duty belt (getting slightly too small). I am not 100% satisfied with my current duty belt: some of my stuff is shifting on my belt since apparently it is slightly narrower than the standard 2.25". I would like to get the best possible duty belt now. Requirements: plain black leather (no leather substitutes), two prong buckle, professional smooth look with no cracking, full 2.25" wide and very thick (fully lined) to prevent items from shifting.

Apparently Safariland doesn't have any real leather duty belts anymore, so I started looking at some other brands: Aker, Don Hume and Gould & Goodrich.
    Which of those brands would you recommend most, or are are there maybe even any better brands which you would recommend?
    I may be able to get quite a good deal on Gould & Goodrich, are those any good, or are the other ones better?

In addition I am still looking for a first aid pouch in plain black leather (currently have one in nylon) and a leather smartphone pouch. Any hints where to get these?

Thanks in advance for your help!

You’ve posted on Police forums, the exact SAME question. Use your Danish issued gear for your VOLUNTEER position.

Comment

I indeed posted the same question on police forums, hopefully to get some useful answers. I am Dutch and not Danish, and I am working in a regular position now, not only volunteering, and doing some security work on the side also.

I simply want the best possible leather duty gear...all we have here in Europe is nylon or crap...so for that reason I prefer to wear US duty gear.
      A professional look is very important for me, and a good looking duty belt is part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by rdguy View Post
        ...Which of those brands would you recommend most, or are are there maybe even any better brands which you would recommend?

I may be able to get quite a good deal on Gould & Goodrich, are those any good, or are the other ones better?

In addition I am still looking for a first aid pouch in plain black leather (currently have one in nylon) and a leather smartphone pouch. Any hints where to get these?...
        I haven't worn a real leather gun-belt in many, many years. When I did, it was brown, basket-weave. Is basket-weave permitted for you or does it have to be plain, black?

I think all of the brands you mention are fine. You might take a look at Tex Shoemaker, too.

I would encourage you to get as many items as possible from the same manufacturer. Generally speaking, items will have a tendency to match better is they are all from the same manufacturer. Plus, plan ahead of time as far as whether you want black, gold or silver hardware (snaps).

You didn't mention belt keepers. Not all are created equally. I was issued six of them at my last uniformed job. Some will say it is overkill, and maybe they are right, but using six of them pretty much kept everything where I wanted it to be.

If I had to get a black leather gun-belt today, I would probably go with the slotted keepers that attach to you pants belt. When you remove your gun-belt, they will stay attached to you pants pants. Of course, some people prefer the gun-belts that have Velcro and attached to a Velcro pants belt, with no keepers needed. They are okay. I have used them, but eventually the Velcro wears out.

http://www.bostonleather.com/product...ed-belt-keeper

Comment

I would prefer plain black leather....I wear my belt for both my jobs as a security and as an interp park ranger. And I think it is probably easier to find some additional equipment in plain leather than in basketweave.

I heard good references about Tex Shoemaker....but they seem to be out of business.
          Does anybody have experience with Gould & Goodrich? They seem to have some good deals available....are those any good? Or are Aker or Don Hume better?

Indeed I prefer to use belt keepers too. Keeps everything nicely in place. To be honest i hate this nylon and velcro gear....doesn't have the same look and feel as real leather.

Comment

What does your boss say about all this? You posted that he doesn’t approve of your duty gear and requested you wear a backpack or fanny pack, in keeping with the philosophy of your agency.

Comment

I changed position and yes it has been approved now. so some advises would be really helpful.

Comment

Just buy a belt. They are all the same.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X