Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashlight options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by aaron
    sting, shudder wot use talking about :P

    lol
    Mr. Frodo! Mr. Frodo!
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

    Comment


    • #32
      I also pack a little Surefire, the G2. I have the V70 plastic holster for it, pretty nice light, but the batteries get sucked down something fierce.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ff000525
        I also pack a little Surefire, the G2. I have the V70 plastic holster for it, pretty nice light, but the batteries get sucked down something fierce.
        You got that right. That's why I carry a leather pocket pager case loaded with lithium batteries for my Surefire. I use a 4C cell Mag-lite for general lighting since it is light compared to the D cell model, it is still bright, lasts longer, and can be used for self-defense when retreating is not an option.
        Last edited by Mr. Security; 01-14-2006, 09:24 PM.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #34
          Streamlight Stinger XT and a Streamlight SL-20X

          Good quality flashlights and bright.
          10-8

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bigdog
            a friend of mine just gave me one of the old asp scabbards how do they perform in the field? are they a good holder? easy to deploy baton from? keep the baton secure when not in use?
            I carry the new rotating scabbard. I think they're great. If you open your baton you can just stuff it back in there while it's in the open position rather than slamming it shut on the ground (which can sometimes be impractical). And while you have it open and in the scabbard you can just break it out through the side and use it or present it as needed.
            10-8

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Taser
              Streamlight Stinger XT and a Streamlight SL-20X

              Good quality flashlights and bright.
              The Steamlight Scorpion is a great way to get "your-bang-for-your-buck." I love 'em.
              Last edited by Mr. Security; 01-15-2006, 04:56 PM. Reason: Wrong Flashlight - oops.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Taser
                I carry the new rotating scabbard. I think they're great. If you open your baton you can just stuff it back in there while it's in the open position rather than slamming it shut on the ground (which can sometimes be impractical). And while you have it open and in the scabbard you can just break it out through the side and use it or present it as needed.
                +1 to what he said... When I upgraded to a longer ASP (went to the 26 from a 21) I got one of these rotating scabbards... In addition to the benefits Taser mentioned, it also allowed me to carry it horizontally across the front of my belt... Other Officers think it looks strange, but it blocks access to my buckle, and allows for a super-fast draw from a standard conversation stance... (hands at rest together in front of me)

                I stand by my Stinger XT, but that Mag 951 in the other thread is starting to grow on me..
                Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                Originally posted by ValleyOne
                BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                Shoulda called in sick.
                Be safe!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Bridgegate
                  +1 to what he said... When I upgraded to a longer ASP (went to the 26 from a 21) I got one of these rotating scabbards... In addition to the benefits Taser mentioned, it also allowed me to carry it horizontally across the front of my belt... Other Officers think it looks strange, but it blocks access to my buckle, and allows for a super-fast draw from a standard conversation stance... (hands at rest together in front of me)

                  I stand by my Stinger XT, but that Mag 951 in the other thread is starting to grow on me..
                  Streamlight just makes good flashlights. Can't argue that. But I too am actually considering that Mag 951. Just trying to find a way to justify it.
                  10-8

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Just come over to www.candlepowerforums.com to see even more.
                    Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
                    Bedtime at sunrise

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I have 2 Stinger lights, and the AA light that I keep in my bag is a Streamlight JR LED.

                      I have a metal stinger, which I just got serviced. I carry this on my duty belt.


                      I also have a yellow/black PolyStinger that I keep in my car and carry when I'm on the ambulance (harder to lose a yellow one). I have one of the piggyback chargers in my car, and can swap batteries out when needed.


                      I love streamlight. I just was at their plant last week and had my metal Stinger serviced - I'd managed to leave it on in the case, and the lens deformed and melted. I didn't really carry much after that (the lens was melted into a funny pattern - distorted the light) and the switch cover was ripped at some other time.

                      So... the light has a lifetime warranty.... I live an hour from their plant in PA. I was "out that way" for another errand, walked in, and 10 minutes later, I had an "almost new" flashlight. Aside from some scratches to the case from using it for 2 years, it looks new.

                      As for why I have 2 - I was always forgetting the light, transferring it from my Ambulance wear to my Security belt and back.... I had a friend who worked for Streamlight, and I got a brand new "spare" Polystinger for $25.... can't beat that.

                      Jon
                      The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

                      Comment

                      Leaderboard

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X