No announcement yet.

Flashlight options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energizer Lithium. As I'm about to run out with the girlfriend, who just got out of the hospital, for the "go to her family's" dinner, I'll have to read Bill's article more in depth when I return. I did notice the words "impedence," however.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Awhile back, ASP made the original Sidebreak Scabbard. This is the one that didn't rotate, and the polymer was more pliable.

What alot of us, and by us, I mean security, police, and deputies, would do was hit a store, buy ALL their sidebreak scabbards, and then use them for both baton and Stinger holder. The gun stores in the area couldn't keep up.

Now, here's the reason why. You put your baton behind your gun, and your stinger behind your radio. Both of em are perfectly situated to draw using the "That's so not covered by your warranty" method.

Grap your baton, or the head of your stinger, and pull it sharply down and sideways. The sidebreak scabbard will let the baton or flashlight body through the center opening, creating this very loud "SNAP" sound. This was extremely quick, usually extended the baton rigid when drawn as such, and made this horrible snapping sound that intimidated people.

I understand the new rotational scabbards have a denser polymer that will rip the grip right off an ASP Federal baton.

a friend of mine just gave me one of the old asp scabbards how do they perform in the field? are they a good holder? easy to deploy baton from? keep the baton secure when not in use?
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

they are good although i prefer the sholuder suit scarab,

Basically is will eep the baton in place extermely securely and then as you need the baton pull it out the way from yourself, you will hear a snapping noise and the baton will release and sometimes it will rack as well.

I use to use this until i changed to the shoulder scarab

Comment

I still stand by the Surefire brand ones...12 for $15, made in the USA.

In fact, the only problem I've ever experienced with them was them lasting TOO long, I had to take the spares out of my duty bag, as they were in the way.

I really underestimated them, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
            they are good although i prefer the sholuder suit scarab,

Basically is will eep the baton in place extermely securely and then as you need the baton pull it out the way from yourself, you will hear a snapping noise and the baton will release and sometimes it will rack as well.

I use to use this until i changed to the shoulder scarab
            All forms of batons are offensive weapons in Scotland. Security have no addition powers or authority than other citizens so therefore it is illegal for you to carry such a tool. besides, last time you said it was locked in the boot.You dont know what story to stick to, that happens when you lie!

Comment

What is a shoulder scarab? Are you carrying a large bug on your shoulder?
              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                a friend of mine just gave me one of the old asp scabbards how do they perform in the field? are they a good holder? easy to deploy baton from? keep the baton secure when not in use?
                I had two of em. One for the stinger, one for my 26" ASP. I loved the things. I lost them in a move, though, one time, so I just replaced them with Accumold - I couldn't find the old scabbards anymore.

I have not used the new rotational ones though.

In other news, Aaron is trying to say, "Shoulder scabbard," which is the shoulder-holster style ASP carrier for plain-clothes details. It comes with an end-cap with a snap on the bottom, which it snaps into a ledge on the end of the shoulder scabbard.

Good piece of kit, if you need a baton and are doing blazer type VIP protection.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Interesting. I can only see a few uses for such a scabbard, none with a class a uniform.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    Interesting. I can only see a few uses for such a scabbard, none with a class a uniform.
                    Considering it wraps around your neck, then hooks to your belt on either side much like a pair of suspenders, its purposefully designed to be worn under a jacket.

Comment

I just picked up a SureFire G2Z that is very, very bright, and is fairly compact. Takes two of the lithium batteries. Pretty nice light.

Comment

the reason i wear the shoulder holster is that it is more comofrtable then having all the gear on ma waist and i can leave the belt in the car sometimes then just have the asp and cuffs under my jacket

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
                          the reason i wear the shoulder holster is that it is more comofrtable then having all the gear on ma waist and i can leave the belt in the car sometimes then just have the asp and cuffs under my jacket
                          Is the asp's name "Sting"?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                            Is the asp's name "Sting"?
                            The word "shudder" comes to mind.

Comment

sting, shudder wot use talking about :P

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                                I just picked up a SureFire G2Z that is very, very bright, and is fairly compact. Takes two of the lithium batteries. Pretty nice light.
                                Nice light indeed. You may want to carry a fresh set of lithium batteries or a back-up light (LED is a great choice for inside) because the batteries are only good for 45-60 minutes; sometimes even less.
                                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X