Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you transport your fully loaded duty belt when not wearing it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you transport your fully loaded duty belt when not wearing it?

    Seems like a hard to transport item. Its not that big, just awkward.

    I've tried rolling it up and stuffing into 5gal bucket with bucket-boss and seat lid.https://www.amazon.com/Grubber-Bucke...ol+bucket+bags

    https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-1...ol+bucket+seat

    Seems OK. Then I remembered "ABC" always be concealing, and go with plain ex-paint bucket and lid that looks like crap and an old pillow for seat.

    Tried gym bag but belt always seemed to shift around and stick out in wrong spots and generally seemed less than ideal.

    I use a separate lock box for upholstered gun, to comply with law. I don't want to be walking out of my house strapped or even in uniform. Just me, and nosy neighbors.

    Got a fairly stiff and bulky belt, and big hard holster with hood, and other stuff.

    Tried plastic tool box but box had to be so huge due to awkward shape, plus tool box screams "steal me". I'm in station wagons and window vans and I keep nasty looking bedsheets handy to cover stuff but still I worry.

    How do you transport/store big loaded duty belt?

  • #2
    Try an "aviator's bag." You can find one at Army-Navy surplus, or ask an old pilot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Since squid doesn't carry one, this is all moot.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Soper View Post
        Since squid doesn't carry one, this is all moot.
        thats mostly true and nice to see you've been paying attention.

        Mostly I'm posted up in my mobile-office/theater/shop/bar&grill AKA The Battle Buggy. For that, I'll wear an external vest with Molle for chest mounted holster, extra clips, mace, etc, for several reasons. I want dirtbags to see I'm armed and armored while I'm still in the Buggy, and my combat-ready appearance makes the client happy, and its a lot easier to drop your pants and sit on a toilet in a sketchy bathroom without your prized duty belt getting the worst of it.

        However, most firms will insist on "normal" duty belt even for vehicle patrol, which if you are a big guy and gear-nerd with lots of stuff is a real problem, and even more a prob if you are expected to be hopping in and out.

        Transporting an external vest with a few Molle thingys on it is even more of an issue. It wants 2/3 of the entire back seat. Those handy "suit hooks" in cars aren't built to hold a vest, and I'm only wearing soft armor, no plates.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Squid View Post

          thats mostly true and nice to see you've been paying attention.

          Mostly I'm posted up in my mobile-office/theater/shop/bar&grill AKA The Battle Buggy. For that, I'll wear an external vest with Molle for chest mounted holster, extra clips, mace, etc, for several reasons. I want dirtbags to see I'm armed and armored while I'm still in the Buggy, and my combat-ready appearance makes the client happy, and its a lot easier to drop your pants and sit on a toilet in a sketchy bathroom without your prized duty belt getting the worst of it.

          However, most firms will insist on "normal" duty belt even for vehicle patrol, which if you are a big guy and gear-nerd with lots of stuff is a real problem, and even more a prob if you are expected to be hopping in and out.

          Transporting an external vest with a few Molle thingys on it is even more of an issue. It wants 2/3 of the entire back seat. Those handy "suit hooks" in cars aren't built to hold a vest, and I'm only wearing soft armor, no plates.
          No you don’t. Nothing you have posted is true. You are a shining example of what an EPIC FAIL is.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you want to hide something like that you are going to want to look at things that are not going to attract attention. A plastic file tote with a padlock on it would not look too out of place in any vehicle that would cover a duty belt setup without a problem. For a vest you are going to want something that will make this item less tactical looking. A garment bag would fit the bill and just swap out the hanger for a wood or a tough hook hanger in black https://www.skdtac.com/Tough-Hook-Hanger-p/tgh.101.htm that would look just like an old suit that would have no value to anyone. No sense advertising you have free weapons if you do not have to.
            Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
            Spiro Agnew

            Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

            Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

            Comment


            • #7
              $17 for ONE 'coat hanger'???

              But for something you use for GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT daily, I guess its still a bargain. Either that or spend about 4 hours making similar out of 9 ply 3/4" plywood, and it still not as good.

              But for $17 should have swivel feature so you can turn it and mess with molle etc while still hanging in closet, or so it can fit in car better.

              I've seen hangers for women's dress that cost $35/apiece, and figure on needing about 20.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Squid View Post

                $17 for ONE 'coat hanger'???

                But for something you use for GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT daily, I guess its still a bargain. Either that or spend about 4 hours making similar out of 9 ply 3/4" plywood, and it still not as good.

                But for $17 should have swivel feature so you can turn it and mess with molle etc while still hanging in closet, or so it can fit in car better.

                I've seen hangers for women's dress that cost $35/apiece, and figure on needing about 20.
                Even if you were doing security at a lumber mill and got the wood for free. You would have to ask yourself what do you value your time at? $4.25 before tools and materials. Best solution is to have a lockable metal box in the back bolted to car unless you are running ceramic plates which need to be hung. If you need a swiveling feature on the hanger for it to fit makes me question just how wide are you? For messing around with the setup use a door knob and manually just flip the SOB around. There are no perfect solutions that will fit your budget and your desired features. Design your perfect plate carrier hanger and patent it . Then see if you can get someone to actually make it a reality.
                Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
                Spiro Agnew

                Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

                Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by psycosteve View Post

                  Even if you were doing security at a lumber mill and got the wood for free. You would have to ask yourself what do you value your time at? $4.25 before tools and materials. Best solution is to have a lockable metal box in the back bolted to car unless you are running ceramic plates which need to be hung. If you need a swiveling feature on the hanger for it to fit makes me question just how wide are you? For messing around with the setup use a door knob and manually just flip the SOB around. There are no perfect solutions that will fit your budget and your desired features. Design your perfect plate carrier hanger and patent it . Then see if you can get someone to actually make it a reality.
                  Just out of curiosity how does one run ceramic plates? I mean they have no moving parts and it just kind of hang there.

                  Comment

                  300x250

                  Collapse

                  Mid 300x250

                  Collapse

                  Taboola

                  Collapse

                  Super Leaderboard

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X