Shooter's Kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter's Kit?

In doing my firearms training this week, I realized something that I hadn't put much emphasis on in the past-a first aid kit geared specifically toward a shooting. Our instructor and a couple of the range officers had kits they carried to address a shooting on the range. Since I work at a university and an active shooter incident is a very real threat, I am looking into some of those kits. However, there are hundreds of kits available commercially. Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other on them?

As far as I can tell, I need QuikClot, some gauze, a couple tourniquets, and gloves. Am I missing anything? Is there any reason to buy a commercial kit instead of just picking up this stuff at my local Walgreens? Am I missing anything?
    A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

While I am not an armed guard I am a former member of my town's EMS Department. You don't need to buy the commercial kits. You could put together your own kit for a reduced cost. the commercial kits are more convenient. I've never used quik clot as my former service doesn't stock it. I recommend g getting gauze pads of various sizes, some rolls of gauze cling, scissors, nitrile gloves, some triangular bandages, and a couple of tourniquets, medical tape, and quick clot. If you have room on your duty belt for another handcuff case I use an Uncle Mike's handcuff case for gloves it holds 7 pairs of nitrile medical gloves. I hope this helps.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X