Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakley, Under Armour, 5.11, something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakley, Under Armour, 5.11, something else?

Alright, I am looking into a new pair of boots. Currently, I wear 5.11 6 inch side zips for comfort, weight, and convenience. However, even with some good insoles, they still kill after 8 or so hours of walking. I have plantar fasciitis, so the insoles are a must. I work campus security, so I spend a lot of time on foot covering roughly 80-100 acres of uneven terrain, concrete, gravel, tiled floors, and stairs. I don't need steel or composite toe, so I'm looking into some rec's from y'all. Bates don't fit and I've always had issues with their quality, Danners hurt my feet no matter what, so I am looking for other names out there.
    A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Do you want leather or cordura nylon?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
      Do you want leather or cordura nylon?
      Honestly, that doesn't matter much to me.
      A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

I wear Bellville Boots. They are American made and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

I have worked as a security guard since 2008, for 6 years of that time I worked on an undeveloped site on the East side of town. I did all foot patrols over rocks, up and down hills, in all kinds of weather, in dirt and mud and snow and concrete.

I walked an average of right around 1900 miles every year and the Bellevilles have held up I have had to resole them 3 times but they're still going strong. I currently do roving patrols (again on foot) on sites from the base of Pikes Peak to Peyton Colorado and they're still up to it although I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace them the next time the sole wears out.

I have tried other boots and destroyed them (Hermans, Vasques, Tevas and some kind of cheap cop boot that lasted 3 months) and nothing has lasted nearly as long as the Bellevilles.

Belleville Boots - Home

Comment

I also use Air Orthotics brand insoles. Short of actual custom orthotics I have never used insoles that were as durable and comfortable. They are more expensive than your Dr. Schol's but they last about a year. They are available at Dick's Sporting Goods

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X