Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I shell out the money for body armor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i was security, i would wear and purchase current body armor.

i have a few sets of body armor and a plate carrier, but all out dated.

Comment

I realize that this has been covered already and it was originally posted around a month ago, but I would say yes, buy it. For me, it's a simple case of "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it".

Granted, if you are lucky, you should never need body armor. However, I would much rather be prepared just in case someone decides to walk in and start shooting up the place. I work at a location that's roughly 400 acres of property and we're dealing with around 30,000 people per day. Because of the volume and the recent issues that we've been having with juveniles, I decided to go the Safe Line Defense iiia+ to help protect against sharp objects as well as firearms.
      https://ormohio.blogspot.com/

"Always Prepared, Always Vigilant, Always Professional"

Comment

In this day and age not wearing body armor while working in any "official" capacity is nothing short of insanity. In the case of our OP I would recommend a iiia vest with some level of slash/stab protection since you work at a hospital. Your life is more valuable than the cost of a iiia vest and funerals cost way more that $500 a vest costs. I'm sure glad the FTO at my first security job was a retired cop who drilled the importance of wearing body armor into my head early in the beginning for me (I started armed security work with a level 2 holster and no body armor). Everyone be safe and don't go to work without your body armor.

Comment

Bondy armor is a good investment. Not only does it reduce the chance of dying of a gunshot, it helps in a fight. (The armor makes hits to the body less forceful.) If staying alive is important to you, buy armor. If you are OK with dying, buy something else.
          http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

Agreed with the rather have it than be dead mentality. The cost is what's killing me. Gonna take a while to save up.

Comment

I understand the cost issue. Luckily for the past 15 years I worked for companies who pay for a new vest every five or so years. There are cheaper options, but I would never buy anything that is not NIJ certified. Last year I upgraded to a combo stab/bullet vest and I'm glad my company footed the bill.
              http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalGuard View Post
                Bondy armor is a good investment. Not only does it reduce the chance of dying of a gunshot, it helps in a fight.
                Funny you say that. We had a guy that broke his knuckles and wrist after punching one of our officers in the chest who was wearing an AR500 vest. lol.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X