Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best VALUE in Duty Belts, IMO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NcStar-Tact...53.m2749.l2649

Comes with 4 keepers. Those are real dual snap keepers, not loops with cheesy fake buttons only good for tucking belt ends like Condor (much more $$$). Plus two sturdy mag pouches separate included with their own Velcro attachment loops on back.

A 'feature' of these belts in the belt is about 2 1/16" wide, but the buckle space is about 1 15/16" wide, so some effort to 'struggle' the belt through for adjustment. To me that is fine, means if I adjust it it will stay while I Velcro the ends down etc.

These belts also are "men's size" and IIRC good for up to about 49" waist. Many similar no-name belts only good to about 38" waist, which ain't much if you are wearing it OVER another fairly sturdy belt etc.

About 5" of hook Velcro on the ends and rest of inside of belt is "loop" Velcro, which can help keep other gear in place.

Semi-stiff but comfy and light-weight. Much better sewn that the more expensive Condor, especially the top and bottom trim strips.

Buckles on belt and mag pouches seem over-kill and require manly squeeze to release.

Sure they are a bit of work to fit to your pants, but I just leave them in my BDUs when washing and drying. Pro-tip: turn pants inside out when W&D. Will come out looking newer, and make less noise in dryer.

PS-will report back with NIR results later.

PS-NcStar also makes a truly "XXL" size external carrier able to take soft and plates (including side plates) for CHEAP, and its good, but not as comfy of finely built as Condor costing 3X. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NcStar-VISM...UAAOSw~bFWGXQo

Its bigger than Condor "XL" size if you are a really big guy.
    Last edited by Squid; 11-18-2017, 04:11 PM.

I wouldn't trust these belts if you're carrying a firearm or other weapon, but if you're just looking for something to carry a heavy radio and flashlight, then why not.

Comment

Don't trust ANYTHING squid says, promotes, or explains. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to be believed.

Comment

You lost me at sleeze-bay

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post
          You lost me at sleeze-bay
          What precisely is wrong with eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post

What precisely is wrong with eBay.
            Scams. I want to hold a piece of equipment in my hands and look at it and try it on before I buy it.

Comment

I wouldn't say eBay is a scam, but I do agree with you on examining equipment before buying. Unfortunately I live in northern Canada where the closest police/security supply shop is about an hour and a half flying time to the south and return air fare is around 1800.00. As such I am pretty much restricted to getting my gear on line without inspecting it first.

Comment

Just got my new belt this time instead of Gould and Goodrich it's from Boston Leather, in basketweave, and the right size. I like the look. If I ever decide to go back to nylon I would pick the leather lookalike belts in basketweave. Later on I will post a picture of my belt setup in the show your belt thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Scams. I want to hold a piece of equipment in my hands and look at it and try it on before I buy it.
                  I've bought 100s of items. About closest thing to 'scam' so far was seeing how a Condor brand belt costing 3X was much worse than a cheap brand. ONE of the two included mag pouches will cost locally what the whole setup sells for on Ebay. 10% off if you buy 2 or more! At that price I buy extra just to leave in the pants when washing. They work as both pants belt or outer "duty belt". Did I mention each belt comes with 4 keepers?

Almost everyone has good Returns policy, buyer pays Return shipping.

I like buying cheap stuff on Ebay because by the time it arrives I've sorta forgot what it might be so everyday is Xtmas except I get stuff I actually wanted.

Ebay is the ONLY place to buy extra phone charger cords, extra laptop power supplies, etc. Its 1/3 what it costs at Walmart for same quality. You just got to think ahead a bit when shopping.

Couple quick Ebay tips:

1)find you exact shoe, etc size for a particular brand. Some stuff on Ebay will be "Asian sizing" which is about 2 clicks smaller than USA/UK size. But thats still cool because if you are USA XL or smaller you get smaller increments of sizing with "Asian size" garments.

Similarly, New Balance has finer gradation of size in both length AND width.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X