Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best quality (widest/thickest) leather duty belt

Hello everybody,

After working a couple of years working in security i had to replace my duty belt (I gained some weight...). I used to have a classic leather sam browne Bianchi B1 duty belt which was excellent. When I tried to re-order this belt I was told that Bianchi/Safariland doesn't produce the B1 model anymore, but that I could order the B2 Sam Browne 'Patroltek' belt instead or one of the newer laminate models.
    I decided to order this Patroltek belt, but I am actually very disappointed with it. It is much thinner (one single layer of leather) than the previous B1 belt and the quality is not what it used to be, and some stuff is simply sliding around on my belt, which I dont like (on my Bianchi B1 everything was tight in place). I then looked for some other brands and saw some duty belts from Boston Leather and Dutyman. However stuff was also sliding on those belts...and when I actually measured the width it appeared to be closer to 2 1/8" and definitely not 2.25"

My question is: What is in your opinion the widest, thickest and best quality leather duty belt on the market now? I definitely want to stick to real leather (no substitutes or laminates), the classic model with two prong buckle, plain leather or 4-row stitching (no basketwave), but it should be thick, strong, and at least 2.25" wide.
    Which brand and type would you recommend ?? What do you guys wear, who still wear leather duty gear?

I heard some good stories about Tex and Shoemaker, but I haven't seen them in any shop, and I don't want to order it online before I am 100% sure that it is OK. Anybody familiar with them?
    I would also be very happy if I could still re-order the Bianchi B1 (the old model) somewhere, but so far I haven't found it...maybe somebody has some tips?

Maybe I am a bit 'picky' about this, but I simply want the best possible product.
    Is it just me... or is the selection and quality of leather duty belts really going down and is leather getting out of fashion ??

Thanks a lot in advance for your tips and advice !

Specifically what kind of belt are you looking for? Are you actually looking fora dutybelt to go over your underbelt are you just looking for a good leather belt to wear at work?

If it has to be leather I'd suggest Beltman

Comment

I haven't used a leather duty belt since 1995. When I did use one it was a Gould and Goodrich Sam Browne belt. It was a good quality belt.
      http://gouldusa.com/products/product...ather-holsters

Comment

I am talking about the Sam Browne belt here.....2.25" wide leather with two prong buckle (like police). Wearing leather now since the past two years, and don't want to go back to cheap nylon anymore. Leather looks and feels so much better. Which brands/models do you prefer?

Comment

So you’ve been looking since January?

Comment

Nope...I had one....but I have to replace it with a slightly larger size...or lose some weight

Comment

You’ve spammed several boards with this same question. Just buy the belt you like.

Comment

Ignore Soper's bad manners and unhelpfulness.

Here is a 3" wide belt for carrying real weight. http://www.occidentaltoolpouch.com/O...-Belt-5035.htm You'd have to dye it black and cut slits to mount 2.25" gear, or go Molle. Bonus: the slits will keep your gear from sliding around.

I've got one of these and don't like it because it slides down when I wear overalls. Need to sew on some "fleece" on the inside for grip and extra comfort.

NOT a fan of suspenders with TOOL belt because you are always taking on and off, unlike Duty Belt.

Personally, I've gone to military style suspenders with a big duty belt, and wear the belt pretty loose so it rides up and easy when in a car. Also suspenders are the only way to go when dropping a duece so gear isn't all sitting on floor near toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

Here is a 3" wide belt for carrying real weight. http://www.occidentaltoolpouch.com/O...-Belt-5035.htm You'd have to dye it black and cut slits to mount 2.25" gear, or go Molle. Bonus: the slits will keep your gear from sliding around.

I've got one of these and don't like it because it slides down when I wear overalls. Need to sew on some "fleece" on the inside for grip and extra comfort.

NOT a fan of suspenders with TOOL belt because you are always taking on and off, unlike Duty Belt.

Personally, I've gone to military style suspenders with a big duty belt, and wear the belt pretty loose so it rides up and easy when in a car. Also suspenders are the only way to go when dropping a duece so gear isn't all sitting on floor near toilet.
                  BS. You’re spouting nonsense again.

Comment

I'd go with something like the Boston Leather line (belts and other gear). Black/brown, plain/basket weave, etc. About $50. Here's one link: https://www.copsplus.com/boston-leat...owne-duty-belt

Attached Files
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

What is this, the wild west made from construction worker belts?

I second SecTrainer on Boston. Good quality. Mine is the brand FROM my local law enforcement store. It was a bit cheaper than the bigger brands, and it's served me well (Keeprs). Also can't go wrong with Bianchi, Heroes Pride, or Safariland.
                      Last edited by PhantomX0990; 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I'm betting Soper ran the guy off but I'd like to know what he's using the belt for before recommending one.

FWIW I use Wilderness Tactical Instructor belts exclusively.

Comment

I have ordered a Sam Browne belt made by Gould and Goodrich as well as a replacement cellphone pouch and flashlight pouch it should be in in about a couple of weeks.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X