Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drop leg tacticool holster for Chair Born warriors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop leg tacticool holster for Chair Born warriors?

I spend a good deal of time sitting, and especially getting in & out of various office chairs (with arm rests!) and newer, more cramped cars. So I'm thinking either vest holster, OR....drop leg.

I hear the drop leg was originally to avoid conflict with heavy body armor, and it makes running problematic. I don't see me needing to scamper any further than the nearest cover position, and I don't do any epic post hikes.

Also, drop leg would stay EXPOSED even with standard jacket all hunkered down in rain and cold.

I'm sorry but it's almost like you guys are speaking Chinese sometimes. My duty equipment is issued by my employer and isn't optional. I wear what they issue period.

The only exceptions are things like I can wear the company issue hat or a PLAIN BLACK hat. I can wear the company issue belt or my own PLAIN BLACK belt. Any thing that I wear that isn't company issue has to be plain black, no exceptions. They've written people up for wearing white socks

Comment

Squid likes to make up his own rules. Interesting that a claimed .Mil Vet doesn't know a thing about DLH and external vests...

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post
        I'm sorry but it's almost like you guys are speaking Chinese sometimes. My duty equipment is issued by my employer and isn't optional. I wear what they issue period.

The only exceptions are things like I can wear the company issue hat or a PLAIN BLACK hat. I can wear the company issue belt or my own PLAIN BLACK belt. Any thing that I wear that isn't company issue has to be plain black, no exceptions. They've written people up for wearing white socks
        Did I ever tell you about the time I showed up in a full Ghillie suit? I was guarding a construction site next to a Jr HS and since a construction site is much more interesting that public education they had fair amount of kids straying in after school, especially since construction hours end about same time as school gets out. I made sure lots of kids saw me in the suit as I entered the site from marked security car with my other gear and disappeared into the site that included some high shrubs and other landscaping. Later, I did little "indicators" that would make people think I MIGHT be on site. All this started various rumors at the school that the guy in the Ghillie suit had to wear it because he was horribly disfigured and/or had some hideous medical condition, and was probably a sick pervert etc. This allowed me to operate in the open, in uniform, pretending Ghillie Man was another person and drop vague hints about unmentionable aspects of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

Did I ever tell you about the time I showed up in a full Ghillie suit?
          You're saying that because you think it's funny but I actually had a client employee tell me that he got called to the site in the wee hours and caught the guard stalking rabbits with a bow while wearing a Ghillie suit

Comment

You're saying that because you think it's funny but I actually had a client employee tell me that he got called to the site in the wee hours and caught the guard stalking rabbits with a bow while wearing a Ghillie suit
            I get myself psyched into paying attention at quiet sites by telling myself I'm not 'guarding', I'm 'hunting' with the alert patience of an ambush predator...waiting to snare human prey.

Comment

Again, a basic difference in philosophy. I PREFER quiet sites. If I go all night and never see another human I'm cool with that

Comment

Again, a basic difference in philosophy. I PREFER quiet sites. If I go all night and never see another human I'm cool with that
                It seems to be rather misunderstood that a shift without incidents is a bad thing, when its the excact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by mctacticool View Post

It seems to be rather misunderstood that a shift without incidents is a bad thing, when its the excact opposite.

I think the young guys want the action and the drama. I spent over half of my "career" on a site on the East side of Colorado Springs that was closed to the public. Only city utilities workers were allowed through the gate. Most of the time that I worked there NO ONE at all came through the gate. It was the quietest job I ever had.

Comment

I think the young guys want the action and the drama. I spent over half of my "career" on a site on the East side of Colorado Springs that was closed to the public. Only city utilities workers were allowed through the gate. Most of the time that I worked there NO ONE at all came through the gate. It was the quietest job I ever had.
                    I know the feeling, some of the 'worst' jobs i've had was mall security and uniformed loss prevention, basicly you're 'alone' even though you're standing in a busy mall/shop. Then i'd much rather do the 'middle of nowhere' jobs, at least i can listen to music/podcasts, talk on the phone, watch netflix/youtube or something similar to keep my mind occupied, now i gather that most of you aren't allowed any of this while at work and that sucks, but luckily i've had bosses that has been able to make the difference between a multitasker and one that can only focus on one thing at a time, hell i've had jobs so quiet that i could nap between doing rounds, now thats some seriously quiet jobs... I may still be a 'young' guy, only 29 but i've been doing this long enough to feel like an old guy in the bussines and when experience kicks in the 'action loving hero complex' usually goes away...

Comment

Originally posted by mctacticool View Post

I know the feeling, some of the 'worst' jobs i've had was mall security and uniformed loss prevention, basicly you're 'alone' even though you're standing in a busy mall/shop. Then i'd much rather do the 'middle of nowhere' jobs, at least i can listen to music/podcasts, talk on the phone, watch netflix/youtube or something similar to keep my mind occupied, now i gather that most of you aren't allowed any of this while at work and that sucks, but luckily i've had bosses that has been able to make the difference between a multitasker and one that can only focus on one thing at a time, hell i've had jobs so quiet that i could nap between doing rounds, now thats some seriously quiet jobs... I may still be a 'young' guy, only 29 but i've been doing this long enough to feel like an old guy in the bussines and when experience kicks in the 'action loving hero complex' usually goes away...
                      Music wasn't forbidden as long as it wasn't disruptive. Most of the rest of the stuff was but since I was the only person on the site who was going to know if I spent an hour reading or doing home work or sitting in the sun watching wildlife?

Comment

Music wasn't forbidden as long as it wasn't disruptive.
                        And that right there hits the head on the nail, i can get away with almost anything as long as it isn't disruptive...

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                          Squid likes to make up his own rules. Interesting that a claimed .Mil Vet doesn't know a thing about DLH and external vests...
                          I think that Squid is looking for a 365 days a year solution to getting comfortable. Vest can get extremely hot which is depending on the area he is working in can be either really good or bad. One concern for cold weather is sweating as when you cool down you will start to freeze. Hypothermia is going to be a concern as well as Hyperthermia which can be both fatal if not properly taken care of in the early stages. Depending on the site it may be isolated and there may not be proper places to either cool off or have adequate shelter to get warm. Sometimes your lucky to have even a porti potty to use for your shift If the client has not padlocked them all up when they leave on out for the weekend. Bonus points if your guard shack has water, heat and a power outlet which are luxuries for guard shacks.
                          Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
                          Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by psycosteve View Post

I think that Squid is looking for a 365 days a year solution to getting comfortable. Vest can get extremely hot which is depending on the area he is working in can be either really good or bad. One concern for cold weather is sweating as when you cool down you will start to freeze. Hypothermia is going to be a concern as well as Hyperthermia which can be both fatal if not properly taken care of in the early stages. Depending on the site it may be isolated and there may not be proper places to either cool off or have adequate shelter to get warm. Sometimes your lucky to have even a porti potty to use for your shift If the client has not padlocked them all up when they leave on out for the weekend. Bonus points if your guard shack has water, heat and a power outlet which are luxuries for guard shacks.
                            I'm in CA. We don't really have weather in CA. Regarding the Drop Leg, I'm mostly wanting something compatible with getting in and out of office chairs and cars, as well as comfy sitting in them long periods.

Another BIGGIE is a rig that doesn't present a major prob if I need to drop-a-deuce in a sketchy outhouse. Vest rig works for that, BUTT, a vest rig has its own set of issues in that it sorta limits ability to regulate temps easily without making Gun Security an issue.

Comment

Music wasn't forbidden as long as it wasn't disruptive. Most of the rest of the stuff was but since I was the only person on the site who was going to know if I spent an hour reading or doing home work or sitting in the sun watching wildlife?
                              one of the gags in my upcoming low budget action/comedy will be getting a security guard distracted when some hottie is sent to offer him a boombox on some pretext and he cranks it up so he can't hear guys jack hammering a vault or some other noise making activity. The pretext will be that it is a HUGE ghetto-blaster and its too big for the hottie to carry so she wants to leave it with the guard till she comes back with a pickup, but he can listen to it till then. It will probably be a non-PC stereo-type Black guy and some funk music.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X