No announcement yet.

*Boot Review*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike 8's aren't the l33t HRT boot. And if 5.11's are $240, someone's paying out the butt. $150 at most.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
      The boots weren't $240, I purchased them for 69.99 on Quartermaster.com, that's still expensive for me but I am able to write them off on taxes next year (as well as most of most of my gear/uniforms).
      I was refering to utah, I like quartermaster iget their catalog. unfortunatly I can't write stuff off, I get to much money back and not enough tazes owed. the wife was pissed about that too. We tried to write off my sidearm i carried for inmate transport.
      Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
        I was refering to utah, I like quartermaster iget their catalog. unfortunatly I can't write stuff off, I get to much money back and not enough tazes owed. the wife was pissed about that too. We tried to write off my sidearm i carried for inmate transport.
        Most people need to buy more than 5k in expenses to itemize write stuff off.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

when I went to do my taxes I was going to owe 400 bucks and I would've been able to claim my gun except for I was Qualifid for the EIC and additional child tax credit. If it is solely for work and if you owe the Irs you can claim it. That's how it was explained to me.
          Todd

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
            Cool little pocket on the side, it fits my buck knife folder perfectly but since I live in WI, there's no way I'd carry it in there. An ID would probably fit and stay in there just fine as long as one doesn't care how dirty it gets.
            I have the 8-inch ATAC 5.11 boots with the side pocket; one boot carries a cuff key in there and the other carries a little Cold Steel Urban Pal knife (http://www.coldsteel.com/urbanpal.html).

That all being said, what is it about WI that makes you not want to carry your knife in that pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
              I have the 8-inch ATAC 5.11 boots with the side pocket; one boot carries a cuff key in there and the other carries a little Cold Steel Urban Pal knife (http://www.coldsteel.com/urbanpal.html).

That all being said, what is it about WI that makes you not want to carry your knife in that pocket?
              Concealing a weapon is a felony in this state. People have been popped, and convicted, for having a box cutter in their pocket, while going to work as a carpet installer.

If you keep ANY weapon fully concealed on your person, you are a felon, unless you are a sworn peace officer of the state or local government.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson

NA was kind enough to answer that one for me. I haven't thought of keeping a cuff key in there, good idea. I keep one in my glove pouch which sits in the middle of my back, but its always nice to have another one somewhere else.

Comment

Nike Boots... 100%

You want a nice looking, yet professional looking boot? Nike Boots are the way to go. Out here more and more police officers and security officer are wearing these. You can walk all day long and forget your wearing a boot. They are even really good in the snow and ice. They are priced at about $125.
                  "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

has anyone tried the converse boots ? they look funny but are pretty light weight when i tried a pair on in the store......
                    Its not how we die that counts.....
                    Its not how we lived that counts....
                    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I have the converse boots. Yes they are very light and they run good. Only thing I don't like is that the air pockets will pop in the sole and squeak when you walk. Another thing I don't like is how they look. They look and feel and little snow boot like. The upper is very thickly padded causing that look. But they are very comfy.
                      "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                      some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Decent and affordable

Sketcher makes a shoe which is a lot like the old Navy boom-docker.
                        I have two pair. They have a heavy, deep tred for walking in snow, which
                        is a must here in Minnesota, and provide good traction. I have worn them
                        a lot and the sole has shown very little wear. The shoe upper is all leather
                        which can be cleaned, shined, and made water resistant. It has also been
                        fairly comfortable when walking or standing for long periods.

about $50.00/pair.

Comment

I recently had a pair of these:

http://www.tacticalperformancegear.c...r9sidezip.html

They were very nice and comfortable, and rather inexpensive.

Unfortuntely the sole started to split about 1/3rd of the way from the toe to the heel. Rich at Tactical performance gear warranteed them, however when I requested another identical pair, they were out of stock at the Mfr, so I had to get a different model from the Mfr.

I like the Original SWAT brand becuase they are very comfortable, like the Company's Motto says "Sportshoe Comfort, with tactical performance" or something like that.

Comment

Magnum Viper 2 - 75.00

Cheap Boot, strong sticthing, NO SHOCK asborance, your feet get sweaty these boots will stink right away, ive worn then for close to 6 months now, and the undersole is starting to wear to the mid sole, the water proofing is good very water tight. I would give these a C-
                            Its not how we die that counts.....
                            Its not how we lived that counts....
                            all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

another boot

The Bates GX-6 $70

I have had these for about 10 months now. Love them. Kind of like wearing a tennis shoe where weight is concerned. Great traction sole for working on slick surfaces. I had to put insoles in them because of my feet, but that has been the only change I made. The soles have worn little and what little they have has been even.

Comment

Probably not a popular choice here, but I've been very satisfied with my pair of Magnum Response II 8" side zip boots. Very basic and classic style and, at $70, you can't beat the price. I've been wearing them for a little over 6 months now and have no complaints.
                                111th PAPD Class
                                Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X