vehicle lightbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle lightbars

not really an important question but has anyone seen statetrooper pictures of their vehicles having a red and green lightbar? i just keep thinking that i seen one on some pictures a while back and was just wondering, anyone have pics of statetrooper with red and green lightbars?

also is it legal to have security vehicles red and green lightbars?

still no reply lol so i will add another question.

do companies sell LED lighbars like:

http://www.whelen.com/images/Lightba...web/ll1426.png

from Whelen btw, anyway do they sell LED ligtbars like this in LED where you can choose what colours to display and designs but only able to see white LED bulbs, so secretive that you can do red and blue or full yellow or green and blue etc... do they sell those kind of lightbars?
    Last edited by Central; 02-04-2007, 04:58 AM.

In California Green is ok to back/front, red is only ok to the rear.

Comment

which state in the U.S is most leniant to security guard enforcement?

Comment

Originally posted by Central
        which state in the U.S is most leniant to security guard enforcement?
        Well I'm from California and never worked in any other state, but we're not overly restricted. (we won't get arrested for leaving our post like some other state; not comfirmed, don't ask)

Comment

what about the LED bars question, where they look blank but can be changed tio any color? anyone know about that?

Comment

what about the LED bars question, where they look blank but can be changed tio any color? anyone know about that?
            I'm not sure if I am understanding your question correctly. I think you are asking if the LED lightbars are clear when they are off? If that is the question, then yes... every LED lightbar I have seen is clear when they are turned off, unless for some odd reason they have exterior lenses, which is highly unlikely. One thing to remember... LED lightbars are more expensive when you order LEDs in white or blue, as they cost more to make those colors.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

yea that was kinda my question, but do they sell LED lighbars where at any time you feel like to change the color to anything? like one day you want to use full yellow than you wanna pull someone over you can quickly use red&blue than switch back to full red or blue or yellow? you know what i mean, to be able to change it to anything you desire?

Comment

yea that was kinda my question, but do they sell LED lighbars where at any time you feel like to change the color to anything? like one day you want to use full yellow than you wanna pull someone over you can quickly use red&blue than switch back to full red or blue or yellow? you know what i mean, to be able to change it to anything you desire?
                No, not that i'm aware of.
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

LED light bars have clear external lenses, and "clear" LED elements. When the LED turns on, it turns on only one color. (Nobody bring up tri-color LEDs, they don't make them in emergency grade, yet...)

The reason the lenses are clear is for light transmission. The colored LEDs are very, very, bright and would bleed through any colored lens you put on them, most likely.

It is illegal in most states for a non emergency vehicle to use red or blue lights. Some states designate red for police, some designate blue. Security companies who are not law enforcement agencies (agents of the state, police, basically) cannot use those "emergency vehicle" colors.

Some companies (Whelen) make light bars that "change color." What they really do is put two or three kinds of LEDs into the row of LED. Some are red, some are amber, some are blue. These are for police, usually, since only police (in most states) can use red and blue.

Amber is for warning, like "I'm pulled over here, don't hit me!" It comes on alone, all the amber LEDs in the lightbar come on.
                  Red and blue are for pulling people over, or making people get out of the way. They both come on.

The Florida Highway Patrol (A police agency) has lightbars that sense if its night or day, and use red for night, blue for day. In Florida, you must stop for both.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

what about normal clear flashing lights, you know the ones which pulse really quickly?

Comment

what about normal clear flashing lights, you know the ones which pulse really quickly?
                      What about them?
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

These questions are getting strange... lol

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X