Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Ambulances in Quebec are lime green. Most police cars are white with some type of blue stripping. Being white apparently helps with the resale of the used vehicle. http://policecanada.ca

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Lime Green

Cleveland PD use lime green for quite awhile. The color was ordered in error, but when they arrived the public liked the color.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    What about lime green?

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by Central
    The yellow is interesting because yellow has been proven to be the safest vehicle color in terms of visibility.

Unfortunately, we have this little company here called "Yellow Cab" with cars about the same color, and it would be annoying to have people running out in front of you, gesturing and bellowing "Cab! Cab!" all the time or trying to jump in the back seat while you're stopped at a light....

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky
    Valley there could be a number of reasons. In my case I had to thoroughly read HIPPA and sign that I fully understand the content and reasoning.
    Secondly I had to sign a disclaimer stating that if I discuss any part of my assignment I would be terminated, Location, Co Name, What I am guarding. (Specifics ie: drugs is ok but the type is not. Weapons ok type is not etc) There has been so many times when I have had to proof my forum post and found that I could not tell the story becaused it referenced some of the above. I'm not sure what they would think of me on these forums but as long as I keep vague then no one will know.

I think he said that he was going to try for an armed guard job.
    Your right, in my poor defense I was on my to grab some shut eye prior to my shift so the head was already partially in la la land.

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    If you are refering to the radio codes you need to get them from the actually agency. They are generally public info. As far as the radios with the emergency button they are generally the newer models i believe models late rthen the SAber have tehm from motorola . Also you need to have a system capable of using that function etc.. .for more info PM me.

Leave a comment:

• Central
    replied
    i just like asking questions about these things i was reading somone post before but cant remember where it was anyway he posted this:

"Montreal police use 10-07, Officer in trouble.
    They have a button on their walkie-talkies & on their car computers that transmit at 10-37, same thing as a 10-7. When the 10-37 goes off they have a special phrase to answer If they don't answer it correctly it is assumed they are in trouble. In either case they must stay where they are until another patrol car comes to check on them."

where can you get stuff like that from?

also it would be a nice idea to open a security firm in Aus and have vehicles like the american counterparts black & white as police cars here look nothing like them, heres an example of Australian Police cars...

General Duties:
    http://www.auspolcars.info/nsw/vyexec_jh_1.jpg

http://www.auspolcars.info/index.php...age=baxr6t_r_1

I reckon the american counterparts would look better here people would think ther actually cop cars from all the tv shows/movies they watch here and just get a yellow/white strobe lightbar and your a wannabe copper
    Last edited by Central; 02-04-2007, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    As far as the radio i recomend Motorola bu tagain that is a regional thing. See what your company has. If they want a full dispatch set up they need to contact motorola delars directly. They usually can point you in the right direction. But it is costly usually about 70 000 to roll out a full complete system ( thats a low side estimate i came up with for our company) taht is comparable to local PD systems. If you want more info ciontact me on pm .

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Central
    a few more questions, is the Springfield-Armory TRP any good?
    (http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=28) also anyone hav any better brands than bianchi for all duty belts and accessories and also two-way radios that fit nicely into those universal radio pouches and are their radios available that can work WAN (wide area network) and use existing telco infastructure
    If I were you, I wouldn't be asking gun questions so much on here, as I would be asking the local cops....Seems like your laws are pretty restrictive. You should get your licensing first and then decide what you're going to purchase.

I.e., make sure you can possess a .45 under your "H" category license, unless you're covered under some sort of group license for your company, etc.

Also, do you have to get individual licensing for your less-lethal weapons, baton, OC and the like, or again, covered under the group?

I see OC is considered a weapon and must be licensed as such under category "M":

...an antipersonnel substance of a corrosive, noxious or irritant nature or that is capable of causing bodily harm and any weapon capable of discharging the substance by any means;

Batons seem to be restricted (is there a provision for security?):
    a billy club, a baton or any device constructed or designed as a telescopic baton, not being a toy or a category M weapon, that if used is capable of causing bodily harm;

Cuffs likewise seem to be banned:
    handcuffs, thumbcuffs or other similar restraints;

The only real options for carrying a .45 I can find in a quick search seem to be single-action revolvers for sporting events, otherwise the possession seems to be limited to .38 and smaller handguns.

Leave a comment:

• globalinstincts
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312
    I am in sacramento. Alot of companies freak out about tasers. But they are an effective tool to have and use. We issue M-26's. We can purchase on our own M-18L's and X26C's. We go through the Taser class that is taught to law enforcement for the m-26/x-26. The m-18 is the same as the m-26 just "Civilian" model. It is a four hour class plus you must get tased to carry with our company.
    Yeah, the liability of guards with tasers scares companies! We all know it is ridiculous to be afraid of giving guards another less-than-lethal alternative!
    My guess is there's a couple of reasons.
    #1- Cost- The $400 or the taser + cost of training.
    #2- Ignorance of the "unknown"- Corporate types that just see it as another (space age) gun...

Props to your company!

DAVIS: Shrine to the Mall Ninja" is a CRACK UP! It's been a while since I read it, but I was on the floor. I liked the MP5 under the seat of his golf cart!
    Last edited by globalinstincts; 02-04-2007, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Central:

If your company expects you to use a wideband radio, then they should be supplying it. These radios are NOT cheap, (brand new you're looking at anywhere from $400-$1000+ EACH RADIO), and it would be very easy for a 'new recruit' to purchase one that wouldn't work on the same frequencies...

As far as specific brand of radio, your best bet is going to be what the vast majority of departments use... Motorola... However, Kenwood, Midland, and Uniden are all good companies as well.

Leave a comment:

• Central
    replied
    Arff312 your gonna be hearing alot of questions from me just cause i like to ask questions and with the radios which are the best for WAN and do companies sell large systems with dispatch stuff? i was reading a post here befoe and someone wrote

"Montreal police use 10-07, Officer in trouble.
    They have a button on their walkie-talkies & on their car computers that transmit at 10-37, same thing as a 10-7. When the 10-37 goes off they have a special phrase to answer If they don't answer it correctly it is assumed they are in trouble. In either case they must stay where they are until another patrol car comes to check on them.

The security in the m├ętro have a mercury swith inside their walkie-talkies. If they fall down, the walkie-talkie automatically sends out a duress code."

i am just wondering which companies sell stuff like that?

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    I am in sacramento. Alot of companies freak out about tasers. But they are an effective tool to have and use. We issue M-26's. We can purchase on our own M-18L's and X26C's. We go through the Taser class that is taught to law enforcement for the m-26/x-26. The m-18 is the same as the m-26 just "Civilian" model. It is a four hour class plus you must get tased to carry with our company.

Leave a comment:

• globalinstincts
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312
    Global Where are you lacted in CA ? I know of 3 agencies in my area that carry tasers (including mine). We are allowed to choose the type we wasnt or can get an issued one.
    I live in Orange County~

Like I said before, "THERE MAY BE! [S.O.'s that carry Tasers], But I haven't seen any..."

What models do they issue, and what type of certification?

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    Global Where are you lacted in CA ? I know of 3 agencies in my area that carry tasers (including mine). We are allowed to choose the type we wasnt or can get an issued one.

Central as far as the radios go you will have to see what your company issues you. In terms of duty gear i recomend using bianchi . I like the look of it, it looks alot cleaner then other brands (in my opinion) and it is a good large brand. There are other brands out there. also i would look at what your local PD carries. Not to be a look alike but htey know what works well for your particular area. I have a secondary belt that is a Safariland leather for high profile events.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X