No announcement yet.

Uniform Gear etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Aus. Regulations are tight here (just means training takes longer) but crime in certain areas and gangs are a real problem especially with the Middle Eastern people here in certain areas. But with Bridgegate's scenario with the bat weilding maniac with the two unarmed men it's pretty simple to resolve that. 1. taser down the bad wielding maniac and hold the trigger for like 4 seconds to shutdown his musscles for a while than make yourself known to the other men by just unclipping your firearm lock with that nice little clicky sound and hold your hand on the weapon and say "are we going to have a problem here?"

Comment

Originally posted by Central
      I live in Aus. Regulations are tight here (just means training takes longer) but crime in certain areas and gangs are a real problem especially with the Middle Eastern people here in certain areas. But with Bridgegate's scenario with the bat weilding maniac with the two unarmed men it's pretty simple to resolve that. 1. taser down the bad wielding maniac and hold the trigger for like 4 seconds to shutdown his musscles for a while than make yourself known to the other men by just unclipping your firearm lock with that nice little clicky sound and hold your hand on the weapon and say "are we going to have a problem here?"

Common misconception with taser. You press the trigger and it gives you an automatic 5 sec. cycle. You can stop it by turning the safety back on. holding the trigger in longer does not help. Only exception is the x-26 C in which the first pull gives u a 10 sec cycle, second is 20 and third is 30. The design of this is if you are attacked you pull the trigger three times put it down and run. read there website it explains it all. But yes Aus. is different from the states. Also when u use the taser as soon as the cycle stops they are able to function again. Also DONOT become taser dependent. I heard this line the other day . your taser is your health insurance. Your glock is your life insurance. Also that move with the gun would be considered brandishing a weapon in Ca as the lethal threat was disabled by the taser.
      Robert
      Here endith the lesson

Comment

really, wow. I havn't used a taser yet as i still have to get my license. But i was told through a post on here that for like 2 seconds they become disorientated 4 seconds they become dizy and stay down and more than 5 seconds they lose full control of their musscles.

Comment

No who ever said that is mistaken. The taser cyle works like this . The first 2 seconds is designed to knock them down. The next 3 seconds is to keep them down. The first 2 seconds delivers a higher number of pulses per second then the next 3 seconds. Now as far as cycle wise the first cycle stops there action, the second cycle generally changes the action. When using the taser the suspect thinks that you tased them once, you wont do it again . You taser them again and the realise you can keep doing it and they generally will comply.
          Robert
          Here endith the lesson

Comment

Um, they're describing a contact stun gun, not a Taser Industries X-26 or M-26. Make sure that Australian guard services may use actual tasers, and that you are not simply being told to buy a cattle prod.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

LEO looking uniform, Nice Bianchi setup, 1911, Taser (or stun gun)...

lol, What exactly are you guarding?

Comment

Originally posted by globalinstincts
                LEO looking uniform, Nice Bianchi setup, 1911, Taser (or stun gun)...

lol, What exactly are you guarding?
                Um... "LEO looking uniform, nice bianchi setup, taser..." What would you prefer him to have? A sloppy looking or cheap uniform, cheap duty gear that breaks and gives an unprofessional appearance, less means to defend himself or others?

A gun is a gun is a gun. If the man can carry a 1911, great.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  Um... "LEO looking uniform, nice bianchi setup, taser..." What would you prefer him to have? A sloppy looking or cheap uniform, cheap duty gear that breaks and gives an unprofessional appearance, less means to defend himself or others?

A gun is a gun is a gun. If the man can carry a 1911, great.
                  LOL, yes, I think we should all dress like bums, and hit people with wine bottles wrapped in a tightly rolled paper bag!

"less means to defend himself or others", by this theory he could be armed with a LAW rocket and REALLY defend himself and others! ;o)

How many security officers on here buy their own uniforms, carry a .45 and a taser (and if your carrying those I'm sure you add a baton and OC/Mace)...

Just saying seems more like a LEO than a security setup.
                  Didn't mean to offend.

Comment

LOL, yes, I think we should all dress like bums, and hit people with wine bottles wrapped in a tightly rolled paper bag!

"less means to defend himself or others", by this theory he could be armed with a LAW rocket and REALLY defend himself and others! ;o)

How many security officers on here buy their own uniforms, carry a .45 and a taser (and if your carrying those I'm sure you add a baton and OC/Mace)...

Just saying seems more like a LEO than a security setup.
                    Didn't mean to offend.
                    I've bought my own uniforms before. Mainly cause those provided were crap. And believe me, If I could carry a .45 here I would, alas I'm not allowed in the glorious sunshine state.

Comment

Again, I didn't mean to offend anyone...

Just wondered what he's guarding that he needs to be armed with a .45 and a M26 Taser.

But, since I have stumbled into a sore point for some... Let me ask.
                      (NOT that I'm referencing Central and this case)

What exactly differentiates a Tackleberry from a guard the maximum armament to "defend themself and others"?

Comment

Couple thoughts...

Why don't you want to list your employer? You might find others who work for the same and could work together on some internal issues.

Are you purchasing your own uniform as an option to not wear the uniform that you are issued?

What made you decide to purchase exclusivley Bianchi? You have any experience with their products, or gong by word of mouth? Or just what you've seen?

We're all trying to help you, but you do seem a bit elusive. As far as the taser holster, I would consider theSafariland Drop leg.

I would urge you to learn what it is your going to carry before running out and buying stuff for it. Especially if you have not even been trained for it, or even certified to do the job.

Take care, Be safe, God Bless
                        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne
                          Couple thoughts...

Why don't you want to list your employer? You might find others who work for the same and could work together on some internal issues.
                          Valley there could be a number of reasons. In my case I had to thoroughly read HIPPA and sign that I fully understand the content and reasoning.
                          Secondly I had to sign a disclaimer stating that if I discuss any part of my assignment I would be terminated, Location, Co Name, What I am guarding. (Specifics ie: drugs is ok but the type is not. Weapons ok type is not etc) There has been so many times when I have had to proof my forum post and found that I could not tell the story becaused it referenced some of the above. I'm not sure what they would think of me on these forums but as long as I keep vague then no one will know.

I think he said that he was going to try for an armed guard job.
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Again, I didn't mean to offend anyone...

Just wondered what he's guarding that he needs to be armed with a .45 and a M26 Taser.

But, since I have stumbled into a sore point for some... Let me ask.
                            (NOT that I'm referencing Central and this case)

What exactly differentiates a Tackleberry from a guard the maximum armament to "defend themself and others"?
                            What is the difference between carrying a Glock in 9mm or in .45 ACP? Seriously. Its a caliber. This is the same concept that the government had when they banned "assault weapons" throughout the US, simply because it could accept a bayonet (that's really gonna stop someone from killing you at 50 years, that lack of a bayonet).

As far as the taser... Why not have one? Why go hand to hand with someone you have to take into custody or protect yourself with if you can use the taser? Why spray them with a painful substance that takes almost an hour to wear off, or hit them with a metal stick till they submit, or punch and kick them, or kill them with a gun if the Taser stops them?

There is no problem with wearing a professional uniform from a manufacturer that makes both police and "security" uniforms. Because they don't make a difference in those uniforms. Period. Quartermaster's "security" uniforms are simply cheap Chinese made versions of brand name uniforms.

If you're going to wear a hard uniform, wear a hard uniform. Badges, patches, uniform shirts, etc...

If you're going to carry duty gear, carry duty gear that looks well and functions correctly. Do not risk the lives of the people you protect, including your own, being afraid that wearing Bianchi makes you "look too much like a cop."

I've worn Safariland and Bianchi exclusively. No one has ever said, "Your duty gear makes you look like a cop."

What separates the "tackleberry" from the "security guard" is how he performs his duties. Not the uniform he wears or the gear he carries or the fact he has a Kimber Pro Custom in a high security holster on his belt.

---

Something I should address. Many companies refuse to buy anything for their guards, short of two pairs of short sleeve uniform shirt w/ patch, 1 or 2 pairs of slacks, and a badge or badge patch.

You want a coat? Buy it yourself.

You're armed? We may give you a gun, but you will provide your own ammo, your own holster, your own duty rig, your own intermediate weapons. You use up your can of OC? Buy a new one. In many cases, all they care about is that you carry the gun. I've seen guards wearing a 4 inch revolver in a little holster on their trouser belt. Nothing else.

You want communications? Buy a cell phone.

Many employees are required to buy complete sets of uniforms because their company is focused on profit, not outfitting their guards.

Comment

i agree with your posts, we do buy our own uniform and are meant to look professional and TheForceOnline police uniforms are allowed as that isnt part of any police service in Aus. I simply want bianchi as i know their a popular brand and are reliable and quality is known, i might afterall switch to a Glock or a weapon from Springfield-Armory. i can't say my company period. But if you guys know better equipment i.e service duty belts etc... post em up.

Also i have a question with body armour. what is better. Kevlar or Spectra Shield?
                              Last edited by Central; 02-03-2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                                What is the difference between carrying a Glock in 9mm or in .45 ACP? Seriously. Its a caliber. This is the same concept that the government had when they banned "assault weapons" throughout the US, simply because it could accept a bayonet (that's really gonna stop someone from killing you at 50 years, that lack of a bayonet).

As far as the taser... Why not have one? Why go hand to hand with someone you have to take into custody or protect yourself with if you can use the taser? Why spray them with a painful substance that takes almost an hour to wear off, or hit them with a metal stick till they submit, or punch and kick them, or kill them with a gun if the Taser stops them?

There is no problem with wearing a professional uniform from a manufacturer that makes both police and "security" uniforms. Because they don't make a difference in those uniforms. Period. Quartermaster's "security" uniforms are simply cheap Chinese made versions of brand name uniforms.

If you're going to wear a hard uniform, wear a hard uniform. Badges, patches, uniform shirts, etc...

If you're going to carry duty gear, carry duty gear that looks well and functions correctly. Do not risk the lives of the people you protect, including your own, being afraid that wearing Bianchi makes you "look too much like a cop."

I've worn Safariland and Bianchi exclusively. No one has ever said, "Your duty gear makes you look like a cop."

What separates the "tackleberry" from the "security guard" is how he performs his duties. Not the uniform he wears or the gear he carries or the fact he has a Kimber Pro Custom in a high security holster on his belt.

---

Something I should address. Many companies refuse to buy anything for their guards, short of two pairs of short sleeve uniform shirt w/ patch, 1 or 2 pairs of slacks, and a badge or badge patch.

You want a coat? Buy it yourself.

You're armed? We may give you a gun, but you will provide your own ammo, your own holster, your own duty rig, your own intermediate weapons. You use up your can of OC? Buy a new one. In many cases, all they care about is that you carry the gun. I've seen guards wearing a 4 inch revolver in a little holster on their trouser belt. Nothing else.

You want communications? Buy a cell phone.

Many employees are required to buy complete sets of uniforms because their company is focused on profit, not outfitting their guards.
                                First... My position has apparently been construed as I'm against these items, which I can assure you, I'm not. I don't have a problem with anyone carrying anything they want. If it's cool with their employer and their local laws, more "power" to you.

I don't see any correlation between asking why someone is choosing particular weapons/calibers and the AW ban. I am an NRA Member and own weapons that were outlawed, and firmly disagree with the mentality of the government on this issue.

For the Taser. I can't speak for anyone else... But I don't see a lot of Security Guards carrying a M26. THERE MAY BE! But, I haven't seen one here in CA. And no, I'm not saying they should be banned like the list of supposed assault weapons.

I never said the duty gear is going to make a guard look like a LEO. In the original post, He listed that he was interested in a few items. When I replied, I listed these items. It was not an attempt to discount the need for quality gear, just a point of reference for why I was asking my question.

Uniforms: While they aren't my personal choice of materials (polyester), my company supplied me with new uniforms as well as a bomber jacket, Sam Browne duty gear, and a radio (provided on-site). I didn't realize I was lucky to get them!

And lastly, while I know that a Tackleberry isn't exclusively determined by the gear he/she carries, that undeniably can sometimes give you a glimpse into their state of mind.
                                Ever read the "Shrine to the Mall Ninja"?
                                http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
                                and
                                http://lonelymachines.org/2006/08/12...he-mall-ninja/
                                (HILARIOUS!!!)

Hopefully, I haven't completely alienated myself for asking why the extent of firepower. It's not that I'm against ANY of these items, just wanted to know why the need?
                                Sorry to the offended.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X