Uniform Gear etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Gear etc...

In a few months i plan on purchasing a uniform and duty belt from bianchi and i was wondering as i am going to be an armed guard, how i can implement a taser gun onto my belt?

i plan on purchasing this model:

and purchase this uniform from Horace aka TheForceonline

it's for security guard work.

put the taser on the opposite side as the firearm as a crossdraw.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

if you are allowed to get a tactical vest which enables you to add things on like handcuff pouches, holsters, magazine pouches, etc. they make taser holsters for tactical vests. if you can't and must have it on your belt then either get rid of pepper spray or the baton. Most likely you would want to keep the spray and just get rid of the baton because most likely if you would have to use your baton in a situation then a taser is usually justified. Also I would go for bianchi acumold nylon because in my opinion it looks better, keeps its shape unlike cheaper nylon, and so far my belt which is all acumold nylon looks as new as the day I bought it about a year ago. Also I see there is a silent key holder on the belt you are planning on getting, I would skip that and either keep the keys in a pocket or clip them somewhere else and save that room for a taser.

Also what type of gun are you going to be carrying? what type of holster are you looking at(level of retention etc)?

I do have to ask though, what kind of company are you working for where you have to buy your own uniform, or am I not understanding you correctly? If you do have to buy your own uniform I would think about going with a different company as most professional companies will supply free uniforms to all employees.

Also I am sure you have but check your company policy regarding tasers. If you have then go for it, but if you havn't make sure and check because most security companies, regardless of being armed or not, will not allow the carry of tasers because how sue happy people get if they are used on them.

Last but not least buy the best quality taser holster you can, the cheaper ones will rip off in a fight which is never good. I have seen it on courtTV and know it has at least happened twice here in AZ from talking with police officers. Tasers in the badguy's hand in almost as bad as a gun.
      Last edited by locknid; 02-03-2007, 06:48 AM.

Comment

You do not need to drop gear to add for a taser. I just went through taser training and my company issues us m-26 (yes the LE models) at the start of each shift. They give use a leg holster to use .I would recomend you buy your own taser as that way you always have it and you always care for it right. If you do buy your own taser DONT be cheap get the X-26 (it is a better deal in the end) plus it is small and easy to carry. When i get mine my belt will be set up like this :

From the buckle clockwise(all gear is accumold):
        Double Cuff puch (with Peerles cuffs)
        MK3 Spray holster ( with First defense)
        Safariland SS III holster ( with Glock 19)
        Gerber Tool
        Glove case
        Sure fire tactical light
        Radio holder
        Baton
        Taser X-26 (when i get it ) Now the slot for my M-26 drop holster
        Magazine case (2 Glock 19 15 Rds)

I wear a size 38 Pants and could probably drop down to a 36 with out having any dificulty wearing this set up. I have seen even slimmer officers wear a similar config.
        Robert
        Here endith the lesson

Comment

I am thinking of a Level II or III retention holster and my preferred gun would be a S&W SW1911 but i am also looking for better guns as also we buy our own firearms so price isnt a problem up to $2000 for a pistol but if you show me some other guns which are better tell me as i am still looking, but no Berreta (i dont like them)(springfield-armory has some nice firearms) the firearm should also have a nice design as well, whats wrong with power and fashion? yea i might also take your advice and go with bianchi nylon belts and accessories instead of full leather. yea tasers are allowed but but tactical vests no. I am also looking at the Taser M26 (the X26 looks bigger and bulky) but not sure of what holster to get. I think i will also get rid of the Baton and make room for a taser holster and also hip holsters are not allowed. a question regarding radios, which are the best for Wide Area Networks (WAN) on telco towers? and ones which fit nicely in universal radio pouches? i already purchased handcuffs (double hinge cuffs). so yea i will just geta duty belt all nylon from Bianchi with accessories and room for Taser but i might go for the X26. another question regarding radios, what are the most reliable Microphone/Speaker external radio addon.

Comment

I think that you are mistaken on your tasers. The x-26 is 60 percent smaler then the m-26. The x-2 is small enought to fit on your belt and nopt have to drop the baton. Where are you from ? I'd like to know what ur company is. As far as leg holsters not permited i believe that it is only for fire arms. As the most practical way to carry the M-26 is in a leg holster as its usually too big to go on the belt. Hit me up on PM for more info.
            Robert
            Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312
              You do not need to drop gear to add for a taser.
              Most LEOs here have dropped gear if they carry the taser. Most will have

gun/holster
              latex glove pouch
              radio/radio holder
              mark 3 holder/sabre red
              double cuff case/rarely two cuff cases
              small flash light/flash light ring for mag
              taser/taser holster

most do not carry a baton anymore, and if they are justified to use a baton then you are justified to use a taser. I would opt out my baton for a taser any day if I was allowed to. You can easily loose control of a baton in a fight and possbly drop it for the attacker to grab, also it is very easy to miss your intended target area on a subject who is moving around and go into body zones which aren't justified, possibly even being classified as lethal force. with a taser you can engage from a distance or close, use repeated jolts if compliance isn't gained, and harder for subject to gain control and use taser against you.

also does your setup cause you to have gear along your back or not?

my company issues us m-26 (yes the LE models) at the start of each shift. They give use a leg holster to use.
              what state do you live in where they issue the LEO model? what are the exact differences besides shooting distance of the prongs?

As far as leg holsters not permited i believe that it is only for fire arms.
              I am sure this is purely his company policy. Each owner has their concerns and reasons for things, you won't find a single company in AZ which has the same uniform/equipment policy as another. My company does not allow tactical vests or drop holsters either, but we also don't allow tasers. Most(not all) leg holsters for firearms/tasers I have seen were very poorly made and I would not trust them.

If you do not want to drop any gear central then just go for the mark 3 oc spray, no key holder, asp baton, small flashlight, mag pouch, either single or double cuff case, and you should be fine adding the taser with no probs.
              Last edited by locknid; 02-03-2007, 08:14 AM.

Comment

The only thing on my back is my glove puch and that is flat. Nothing else is on my back (thats how i klike it). As far as droping gear i have not seen it much in my area. The depts. that issue M-26's wear drop leg holsters (that dont take up room on the belt. The ones that dont issue x-26's and in very rare circumstances they fit on the belt with no droping needed. (there are a few people that have had to but not many). Why drop the baton for a taser. I am a fan of having all my gear that i may need readily available. You may be in a situation where u need the baton (such as taser dies, Malfunctions etc... ) As far as the LEO model the firing cycle is shorter and more pulses a second. My company buys them they remain in the company and have to be tracked closely. The owners are all former LEO's , Most our officers are P.C 832 (CA limited peace officer quailfied) And we have taser instructors on staff. We have a special relation ship with taser. All the tasers must be accounted for and turned in after shift.
                Robert
                Here endith the lesson

Comment

I can't say who my company is. Although i dont really know how big the M26 i thought it was alright to have on a duty belt. With my company they allow tasers and firearms but firearms a necessity but tasers are an option (no one has a taser at the company), I want a taser as i trully want my firearm to be a real last resort and not even withdraw it.

Comment

Central what state are you in. Also the M-26 is the older model (LE only )looks liek a gun. the civilan model of it is the M-18 L. Less pulses a second. The x-26 is the newest model looks all futuristic and 60% the size.
                    Robert
                    Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by locknid
                      I am sure this is purely his company policy. Each owner has their concerns and reasons for things, you won't find a single company in AZ which has the same uniform/equipment policy as another. My company does not allow tactical vests or drop holsters either, but we also don't allow tasers. Most(not all) leg holsters for firearms/tasers I have seen were very poorly made and I would not trust them.
                      While i do agree with you. The Taser M-26 is made to be carried on the leg. As i stated almost all officers who carry this model i have seen carry on the leg. I will state that one office ri know wears a taser on his belt. But he is not armed and wears it in place of where his gun would be. It is simply too big and bulky to carry on the belt. Now the x-26 is carried on the belt eaisly.
                      Robert
                      Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by locknid
                        most do not carry a baton anymore, and if they are justified to use a baton then you are justified to use a taser. I would opt out my baton for a taser any day if I was allowed to. You can easily loose control of a baton in a fight and possbly drop it for the attacker to grab, also it is very easy to miss your intended target area on a subject who is moving around and go into body zones which aren't justified, possibly even being classified as lethal force. with a taser you can engage from a distance or close, use repeated jolts if compliance isn't gained, and harder for subject to gain control and use taser against you.
                        The problem with getting rid of your baton, is that you lose a critical tool for certain situations. Say you make contact with a guy, who happens to be holding a baseball bat. You're still at a 'safe' distance away, and draw your taser. While dealing with him, 2 of his buddies show up out of nowhere. In a situation like this, the taser is going to do you NO good whatsoever, as it's a single-target device. Sure, you could whip out the OC and hose down the whole group, but are you really going to be bringing OC to a blunt-weapon fight if that first subject has a bat? The only other 'viable' option would be to draw your gun in hopes that it would keep them from attacking, but chances are slim that you could drop all 3 before they got to you. (Not to mention raising legal ramifications for unnecessary force if the other 2 are unarmed) At least with a baton, if the 'stuff' hit the fan, you could deliver serious blows to them in a short amount of time. Perfect response to the situation? Of course not. But personally I would rather have the option at my disposal, instead of being stuck with limited options. The idea that a baton can be easily dropped during a scuffle IS a concern, but getting the high-grip endcaps and some of the other accessories for them lower those chances a bit.

There are plenty of ways to add a taser to the belt without having to lose other equipment. As mentioned previously, a cross-draw holster will probably be your best bet.
                        Last edited by Bridgegate; 02-03-2007, 08:26 AM.
                        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                        Originally posted by ValleyOne
                        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                        Shoulda called in sick.
                        Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312
                          While i do agree with you. The Taser M-26 is made to be carried on the leg. As i stated almost all officers who carry this model i have seen carry on the leg. I will state that one office ri know wears a taser on his belt. But he is not armed and wears it in place of where his gun would be. It is simply too big and bulky to carry on the belt. Now the x-26 is carried on the belt eaisly.
                          I think we are debating about something which totally matters on locality and the LE depts in question, and their policy. Here in AZ talking about PHX and tempe police depts, the mode of carry is either on th belt or on the tactical vest. If on the belt it is on opposite side of gun with grip facing the front for crossdraw. if on the tactical vest then it is in crossdraw fasion also. I see more and more PHX switching to tactical vests in order to have more room for gear and take weight off the belt which can cause long-term injury. Tempe still stays on the belt. personally I havn't seen any in a leg holster, but I don't have experience with the majority of depts or officers in the state. I have seen one Mesa officer with his gun in a leg holster, looked sloppy and unsafe.

Comment

What tasers are they carrying . Also i used to live in phoenix and was a police explorer. But we didnt have taser in wide use at that time was 2001-2002 tine frame. In Ca the thigh holster is big for the M-26. It is hard to have the M-26 on the belt with out losing gear. As far as tact vests very few officers here were them other then tact. team officers.
                            Robert
                            Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
                              The problem with getting rid of your baton, is that you lose a critical tool for certain situations. Say you make contact with a guy, who happens to be holding a baseball bat. You're still at a 'safe' distance away, and draw your taser. While dealing with him, 2 of his buddies show up out of nowhere. In a situation like this, the taser is going to do you NO good whatsoever, as it's a single-target device. Sure, you could whip out the OC and hose down the whole group, but are you really going to be bringing OC to a blunt-weapon fight if that first subject has a bat? The only other 'viable' option would be to draw your gun in hopes that it would keep them from attacking, but chances are slim that you could drop all 3 before they got to you. (Not to mention raising legal ramifications for unnecessary force if the other 2 are unarmed) At least with a baton, if the 'stuff' hit the fan, you could deliver serious blows to them in a short amount of time. Perfect response to the situation? Of course not. But personally I would rather have the option at my disposal, instead of being stuck with limited options. The idea that a baton can be easily dropped during a scuffle IS a concern, but getting the high-grip endcaps and some of the other accessories for them lower those chances a bit.

There are plenty of ways to add a taser to the belt without having to lose other equipment. As mentioned previously, a cross-draw holster will probably be your best bet.
                              The situation you described in my state would allow me to use lethal force. First just take one subject with a bat. As long as I have AOJ then I can use lethal force. Does the subject have ability, oppurtunity, and do I feel my life is in jeapordy? He has ability with that baseball bat he has in his hands. If he is within under 21 feet then he has oppurtunity, and if he is trying to attack me with a baseball bat, plus other observations such as verbal threats, if he has already attacked someone, intoxicated, then I would most likely feel my life is in jeapordy. At this point I could draw, and shoot if need be. Baseball bat is considered a lethal weapon just like our asp batons are. If he is farther then 21 feet then you can bet your ass I am leaving the area and calling the cops, no need to start a fight with an armed subject. Also if there are three subjects, armed or not is called a disparity of force and becomes equal to lethal force, therefore I can use lethal force against the three subjects even if unarmed. just make sure to shoot them all so they don't run away. kinda hard to tell the cops that there were three of them with just one dead guy lying on the ground unarmed.

truth be told, if you are unarmed and being attacked by three subjects, one armed, you are totally screwed and should try to run if you have a chance. I would pass-up my taser and go straight for the gun in the situation you described.
                              Last edited by locknid; 02-03-2007, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X