Simple pleasures for our work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple pleasures for our work

As we all know it's the little things in life that can ruin our day somtimes. In my case it was the weight of all the crap on my web belt pulling my pants down to an uncomfortable level. Since suspenders on the outside of our gear would be impracticable and an admission that I was getting a might plump.

I decided that the only way to go was finding some that go inside. and here is what I came up with. (Invisaspenders) You will need to play the short video to see how they work. Today is my first day trying them an so far gets two thumbs up. Below is the E-Mail that I sent to Jeff the owner of that company.

Should I have to take a dump and the panic alarm goes off in progress then that may be another story until I master them.

My next project is shoes that will take the pain out of my feet after standing on concrete all day. Heard of some called Clark Shoes that might just work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:29 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Question

Hello Jeff

I have been looking for a product like yours for a while and have not found anything as close as your suspenders. Here is the problem I am afraid yours might be a little light weight for what I need but don't know. I am a law enforcement officer and wear the common belt as most do. To include, Pepper spray,cuffs, pistol, extra magazine, and a mag light. I would estimate 4 to 5 pounds all together.

As you may imagine it would have to be an under the shirt as yours is although maybe a heavier version of your posted design. Unless the shown one would do the trick. If it is a viable product then you will make tens of thousands of us donut eaters very happy.

Please let me know what you think.

Jeffs Reply:
    They are used by many law enforcement officers for the same purpose. Try them. They have a 100% guarantee. www.invisaspenders.com
    Last edited by Chucky; 01-22-2007, 05:55 PM.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

(Thread was moved to Equipment and Gear)
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

This is not an endorsement but a warning to bring your Nitro pills with you if you decide to go this route.

Ok Shoes are like ears everybody has some. I work around alot of folks in our and related fields and inquire as to how they deal with standing on concrete for hours at a time and most have an opinion as to what works for them and why I should get me some of their kind. One guy swears by Clark high end shoes and an retired LEO swears by some called SAS orthopedic police shoes that his doctor told him to get.

But Mr Brainiack (Me) Saw an add for a company called Good Feet that will fix any and all sore feet. You know one of those early morning infomercials. And since I have tried 4 pairs of recomended shoes in the last 6 months why not give them a try. So I look on the net for the Nearest Good Feet store and headed to it. These folks sell arch supports and the like and that's all. So The lady first thing informed me that they were expensive. I said no problem and thought to myself sure I paid $126.00 for the last pair of shoes, she dosen't know what expensive is.

She had a little box type gizmo that opened up and had the same stuff as finger print things do. She then laid down a piece of white butcher wrap paper on each side and told me to walk through the box. And sure enough when she flipped them over the heels and toes showed up very prominatly.

So when I walk or stand it is on the heels and toes and not the whole foot as it should be. That might explain why my heels throbbed at the end of a shift.

She inserted a set of arch supports in my boots and had me walk around a while and for real the pain went away. Then she sat me down and went into her sales pitch. 3 step program with a set for street shoes and one for work and one for slippers. I never wear slippers. Ok I was hooked they work. I asked her how much and she fooled around with her calculator and held it toward me to see. Over $800.00

My reply was you have to be SH8888g me right! No she said that I told you they were expensive right? I told her no slipper and no street inserts. and that brought it down to $342.00. I have spoken with some others that purchased these and say the really like them. BTW they are not even close to the ones in the drug store. I went through 3 different Dr Sholls with no luck.

It's been a week today and each day seems a little better. I'll let you all know in a month or so.
      Last edited by Chucky; 01-27-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Im sorry your feet hurt.
        Are you telling us that you spent 342 dollars on a pair of inserts?
        Not boots just inserts Right.

Comment

Sounds more like some kind of ortho insert system that will realign your bones.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Sounds more like some kind of ortho insert system that will realign your bones.
            At the VA a Doctor made me a pair of orthos that took away my back pain that I had for years. It was gone within a span of three days. Go figure.
            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Yep sad but true just the inserts. And yes it is a bone alignment program. I never even thought of the VA as I am a disabled Nam Vet. If they work and I can do my work without constant foot pain then it will be worth every penny and if it does not work then that's a lot of money down the drain.

Comment

Can you put that bill into your insurance co. VA aside or split it between the two?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X