Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all works on sites where you can't carry anything for defense...including batons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your post orders require that you confront and physically remove trespassers if necessary, and you haven't been trained or equipped, then ask to be transferred to another site where O&R is practical. Otherwise, start looking for another security job, for your own safety.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

When i started I could carry a baton and pepper spray as defense weapons, which was fine until I found out I was being placed on so-called armed properties. I luckily never got into any problems. If I was required to do anything more then watch and report I would require at least some form of defense weapon. That makes me mad when security companies do not allow their guards to be properly equipped.

Comment

Basically, they are more concerned with their liability than your skin. "You can always get another guard."
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

also from what i have seen the companies who are unwilling to give defense equipment also do the absolute minimum training required by the state. if i had to deal with drunks under any circumstances i would demand at least some good pepper spray, people do some really random stuff when drunk

Comment

No weapons at all at our post in the Steel Mill. The clients don't want armed SOs. If the Coast Guard ever calls to raise the MARSEC level (Marine Security) at our facility and armed personel are required we have been told that the plant will contract for Rent-a-Cops from the local Sheriff's Office. They won't even contract for Armed SOs through our company.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

James2go30

Straying a little off topic here, you are lucky you are allowed to do evictions. The lawyers for the Montreal Police decided a few years ago that since an hotel room is a (temporary) dwelling & the law says you can not evict someone from their dwelling, wuthout due process, we can not throw out kids on Spring Break etc that are disturning all the other guests. We used to work under the 3 strikes & you are out rule. 2 warnings & an eviction the 3rd time.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X