Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magmodding step by step with a megabyte of pics to show you how.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magmodding step by step with a megabyte of pics to show you how.

Here is the link that will show you how to turn your 4D Maglite into an Led winner!
    Before you click either of these, there really is a megabyte of images there.
    Flashlight forums link.
    Here is the candlepowerforums link.
    Here is the finished product kicking a stock 4D Magled's butt!
    Last edited by 3rd_shift; 12-18-2006, 08:31 PM.
    Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
    Bedtime at sunrise

All I see are spots
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

LOL!
      There is a lot more than spots in the links.
      For anyone with the tools and the talent, this is a great way to end up with a very, very good flashlight that can kick some arse with regular unleaded D cell alkaline batteries.
      Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
      Bedtime at sunrise

Comment

Whoops! I see a soldering gun, which lets me out since I always get cold solder joints (nearly blew up my stereo).

Perhaps someone will see a business opportunity here and start doing mods for the rest of us fumble-fingered Thumbelinas.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

You can use a Cold Soldering Gun, which uses mystery stuff that I have forgotten. Anyway, basically, it creates an electrical current between the part and the solder, and melts the solder without creating broken solder joints, too much solder, cold soldering joints, etc.

Oh, and it can't burn you, because your resistive.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            You can use a Cold Soldering Gun, which uses mystery stuff that I have forgotten. Anyway, basically, it creates an electrical current between the part and the solder, and melts the solder without creating broken solder joints, too much solder, cold soldering joints, etc.

Oh, and it can't burn you, because your resistive.
            Nathan:
            When I used my son's cold solder pen (gun), testing it out before component use, the insulation still bubbled, so I used heat sinks to absorb the heat build-up. I found heavy duty steel alligator clips work best. Of course, following what the Navy taught me, alcohol cleaning of the foil and leads followed by rosin remover leaves a very shinny connection. Dull looking, sure sine of a cold solder.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
              Whoops! I see a soldering gun, which lets me out since I always get cold solder joints (nearly blew up my stereo).

Perhaps someone will see a business opportunity here and start doing mods for the rest of us fumble-fingered Thumbelinas.
              That would be black bear.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X