Badges, Shields & Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Investigation
    .....Sure, you may see other companies use the seal, but that does not make it legal. Tell me who they are and maybe I can address it with the powers at be.
    Please.....let it be. There are more important problems to deal with. If you want to enforce the law, then become a police officer and fight violent crime.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Mine is similar to Mall Director's. Has Security Officer on it, and the Company seal.
      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

. Tell me who they are and maybe I can address it with the powers at be.
        Don Tardiff, Western Washington Merchant Patrol. www.merchantpatrol.com

When I worked there (bout 3, almost 4 years ago) I think I remember him wearing a seal on his badge. Im not certain, but I think the Lieutenants there wore seals on their badges too.

Edit to add:
        If you look at the top left of that page I posted, theres a badge w/ a state seal. Its the same design my LT there wore.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

center seal

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Please.....let it be. There are more important problems to deal with. If you want to enforce the law, then become a police officer and fight violent crime.
          How constructive of you to step in and offer that piece of valuable advice. Unless you know my experience and training, don’t come at me with some nonsense statement like that.

Comment

How constructive of you to step in and offer that piece of valuable advice. Unless you know my experience and training, don’t come at me with some nonsense statement like that.
            Well now, I didn't mean to ruffle the feathers of a powerful piece of manpower like you. Allow me to get out of your way while you wield your influence on the powers that be.

Comment

Ease off.
              In security we wear what the company issues us.
              As a LEO, I wore what was prescribed by my department.
              When working part-time for a security company, my issued badge looked too much like a police badge and I commented to my company supervisor. I was told "The Company" was formed prior to the establishment of any established law enforcement agency, save the US Marshals Service and were exempt from the badge requirement.
              I am sure that the average LEO will not make a specific guard from a recognized security comapny take-off the badge he was wearing. He would make a note of it and turn over the information to his leadership.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

You can go to the firestore.com and customize your own badge. Our company issues gold badges with the company name and our unit number.

In DC, if you are wearing an outer garmet (jacket/sweater) your nameplate and badge must be visible on the outside or you are in violation of code. The same goes for your headgear, it must have a badge on it.

Comment

I wish my company allowed nametags on outerwear... We're only allowed them on the uniform shirt, and not on the commando sweater or the jacket; The jacket issue being something about not wanting to put pin holes in it, but they make magnet back nametags so...

Same for the hats... I wear a CPO campaign hat, but no badge on that either, just the gold/black hat cord, although I've been told that even some of our local PD don't wear badges on their hats either...
                  “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                  "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Unless you know my experience and training, don’t come at me with some nonsense statement like that.

Then why don't you tell us all about your "experience & training. I'm sure some of us would love to hear all about it.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Here's our badge for Willis-Knighton

Comment

First off, be sure that it is indeed an EXACT replica of the state seal. Some of the "state seals" provided by badge companies are NOT exact replicas in that they use different colors...as here:

Compare the Washington seal in the bottom row of seals on this page:

http://www.smithwarren.com/catalog_80-56.php

...to the actual state seal on this page:

http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/seals/wa_seal.htm

If it's not an exact replica, what purpose is there in raising what amounts to an meaningless administrative quibble except to make a nuisance of yourself toward a brother in arms?
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                          First off, be sure that it is indeed an EXACT replica of the state seal. Some of the "state seals" provided by badge companies are NOT exact replicas in that they use different colors...as here:

If it's not an exact replica, what purpose is there in raising what amounts to an meaningless administrative quibble except to make a nuisance of yourself toward a brother in arms?
                          Well put. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WKSecurity
                            Here's our badge for Willis-Knighton

Sharp looking badge. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer

Actually, I think that seal is the one a lot of bona-fide PDs use here. If not exact, its pretty close.

"Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Yup, because that's what's available from that particular badge company. However, this doesn't alter the fact that it's not the official state seal (police agencies using a particular version of a seal does not make it the "official state seal"), or - more importantly - the fact that this is a ridiculous administrative quibble that does not redound to the benefit of the industry in any way.
                                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X