What Colour Lightbars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    That's the reason Will Holcomb gave, as well. Also, I can't find statute that says Green is reserved. Can someone else in 316 or 312?

Amusingly enough, I think it was made Amber only because security dared use different colors "than everyone else."
    Well, yes that's true. Kind of a gray area. But it says Security may only use Amber. Or does it say can use amber...gesh. It's late and I need to go to bed.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Its not actually gray at all.

If you are licensed under Chapter 493 (In other words, all armed and contract security personnel, all contract security companies, all contract security managers, all seaport security officers, etc...) you may not use any color but Amber, on public or private property.

If you are not licensed, you may use any non-regulated color that is not specifically prohibited to posess (display or show). I believe only blue and red are specifically prohibited to posess. If you are operating the vehicles on private property, you may activate the lights at any time.

If you are not licensed, you may not activate any color, including amber, on a public road. Period. Only "security companies licensed under Chapter 493" may activate amber lights on public roads, and only for the purposes of patrolling their sites.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

VA is amber, PA is green for security vehicles.

Comment

By law, Utah guards are required to have purple/green/amber/red or white lights, or a combination of any of these. If we run our lights for any reason on the public streets other than the warning strobes to notify of vehicle (I used to patrol construction sites on a highway that had absolutely no light, so I would use my back warning lights when idling and blacked out so I didn't get hit), or to direct traffic, you have to have a State First Responder license. You can run any form of above mentioned lights on your property anytime you want. Esp. GRN/PRPL. /

Comment

There are a lot of "rentacops" on this forum.

Comment

So why are there so many "rentacops" on this forum?
              "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN
                So why are there so many "rentacops" on this forum?
                Say what?????
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Please justify your meaning of rent-a-cops.
                  Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

I think he means people using the title "rentacop" in their name.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

And as a side note, I ran through the 31 pages of members, and these are the "rent a cop" names I found.

Professional Rent-a-Cop

rentacop

rentacop74

rentalpork
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I have only seen "rentacop" haven't seen the other's...
                        "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Trust me, they're out there... heck, look at page 5 on this very thread. Theres on there toward the bottom
                          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by security steve
                            VA is amber, PA is green for security vehicles.
                            PA is Green?

I've NEVER seen a security vehicle with a Green light here in PA. Everyone uses amber. Do you have a reference to PA Code or Vehicle Code, or have you just seen security companies using green?

One of the reasons that green isn't used often is that in the ICS structure, a green light identifies the Command Post.
                            The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

We noticed that by using just amber, the results of contact cooperation from others isnt high, but when combining amber with white, both being strobes, we get great results. It gets interesting.

So is it just FL or PA that has the law change on colors?
                              Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Florida has had this law since the 1980s. Its just, like other sections, nobody noticed.
                                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X