X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by WISecurityGuy
    Ha ha ha, and she was voted for again! What a great state!
    The other guy wanted to criminalize first offense DUI. You know how well THAT would fly in this state.

Never get between a bar "person" and their beer, yo.

Leave a comment:

• WISecurityGuy
    replied
    Ha ha ha, and she was voted for again! What a great state!

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer
    Both state and federal attorney general's offices as well as the FBI are always interested in this sort of information...if you have or can gather proof.

Very seldom in WI. The WI Atty General is busy breaking laws herself. One time she took home a state vehicle (unauthorized), drove drunk and got into a accident and then refused to cooperate with the investigating officers. What does that tell ya?

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    The West Allis, WI PD is....one corrupt bunch of SOB's!
    Both state and federal attorney general's offices as well as the FBI are always interested in this sort of information...if you have or can gather proof.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    With our agency, we seldom have any problems with LE. But there are a few LE agencies that just plain don't like private security (especialy armed) or private detectives. There is nothing you can do to gain any respect from some LEO's......unless you give them a $$$ kick back.

The West Allis, WI PD is like this. They are always looking for some type of cash kick-back from PI's. I've always had some sort of problem from them and I often had to "hi-tail it" outta that city. Several years ago I once caught a West Allis PD patrol officer breaking into a business after hours and had to go thru hell because of it. To this day, they hate my guts and would do anything to get back at me. They've tried many times. Thats just one of the reasons I have no respect for them. They are one corrupt bunch of SOB's!

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    You are correct! Private property is different. A lot of security companies run amber lights and sometimes red & amber. On my unmarked vehicle we run both amber & red. Red is used in conjunction with amber only when the vehicle is stopped & not moving. Every municipality is different in enforcement. Often it depends on the cops attitude towards you or the agency you work for. Agencies who often abuse the 'light issue' usally get into trouble.
    You have no idea how close to the truth you are about the "image" aspect of your agency with PD. My experience has been that if you are with an "ate up" agency, you will loose respect from PD, and also be limitted in what you can do, as they will stick their noses in your business and gum up issues.

If you build a good rep, you will find you can get to do alot more!

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    But that doesn't apply on private property. On private property, you can run any color except blue (who's posession is unlawful, I'm told).

On private property, of course. However, MRSE noted that they are instructed by LEOs to run all red at accident scenes on public property, overriding traffic laws. i.e. "We need every light we can get, turn those on."

You are correct! Private property is different. A lot of security companies run amber lights and sometimes red & amber. On my unmarked vehicle we run both amber & red. Red is used in conjunction with amber only when the vehicle is stopped & not moving. Every municipality is different in enforcement. Often it depends on the cops attitude towards you or the agency you work for. Agencies who often abuse the 'light issue' usally get into trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Technically Speaking....

Most states have plenty of laws on the books, so many in fact that a state trooper once bragged to me that he could find an equipment violation on a new car driven right of the lot. Whether it's a license plate that is partially obscured by a dealership frame or some other insignificant "violation," it all comes down to the discretion of the police in the area where the vehicle is being operated.

If the local police aren't worried about it, then don't lose any sleep over it unless you drive through multiple jurisdictions.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    In Wisconsin, the regulations say:

347.07 Special restrictions on lamps and the use thereof.
    (1)
    Whenever a motor vehicle equipped with headlamps also is equipped with any adverse weather lamps, spot lamps, auxilary lamps or any other lamp on the front thereof projecting a beam of intensity greater than 300 candlepower, not more than a total of 4 of any such lamps or combanations thereof on the front of the vehicle shall be lighted at any time when such vehicle is on a highway.

(2) Except as otherwise expressly authorized or required by this chapter, no person shall operate any vehicle or equipment on a highway which has displayed thereon:

(a) Any color of light other than white or amber visable fron the front; or

(b) Any color of light other than red on the rear; or

(c) Any flashing light.
    But that doesn't apply on private property. I had asked the City of Racine and the Racine Police Department about "Metro Racine Safety Enforcement's" red to the front, and RPD gave me a call back and an email, awhile ago, noting that traffic laws only apply on public streets, highways, and right-of-ways. On private property, you can run any color except blue (who's posession is unlawful, I'm told).

On private property, of course. However, MRSE noted that they are instructed by LEOs to run all red at accident scenes on public property, overriding traffic laws. i.e. "We need every light we can get, turn those on."

It is also to be noted that MRSE has what is described as a "very good working relationship" with RPD.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    In Wisconsin, the regulations say:

347.07 Special restrictions on lamps and the use thereof.
    (1)
    Whenever a motor vehicle equipped with headlamps also is equipped with any adverse weather lamps, spot lamps, auxilary lamps or any other lamp on the front thereof projecting a beam of intensity greater than 300 candlepower, not more than a total of 4 of any such lamps or combanations thereof on the front of the vehicle shall be lighted at any time when such vehicle is on a highway.

(2) Except as otherwise expressly authorized or required by this chapter, no person shall operate any vehicle or equipment on a highway which has displayed thereon:

(a) Any color of light other than white or amber visable fron the front; or

(b) Any color of light other than red on the rear; or

(c) Any flashing light.

Leave a comment:

• EMTjon
    replied
    Originally posted by security steve
    Check PREIT run malls in capital city and harrisburg. All the security vehicles are green. I will look up the code section for you. I used to work mall security there and we had green lights.
    That is intresting. The local PREIT malls here use white trucks with amber lights. King Of Prussia "Public Safety" (largest mall on the east coast?) uses amber bars as well. I'd be very intrested to know what the vehicle code says.
    Last edited by EMTjon; 11-14-2006, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• canadianCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Mall Director
    We noticed that by using just amber, the results of contact cooperation from others isnt high, but when combining amber with white, both being strobes, we get great results. It gets interesting.

So is it just FL or PA that has the law change on colors?

in Ontario, Canada any forward facing red lights are only for police, fire, and EMS.. no exceptions.. for a few years now, we have reserved green lights for volunteer firefighters only.. purple for funeral processions...I completely agree with you in combining white with amber.. i got a high level of cooperation with white only.. (white light bar and white corner strobes)

Leave a comment:

• security steve
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTjon
    PA is Green?

I've NEVER seen a security vehicle with a Green light here in PA. Everyone uses amber. Do you have a reference to PA Code or Vehicle Code, or have you just seen security companies using green?

One of the reasons that green isn't used often is that in the ICS structure, a green light identifies the Command Post.

Check PREIT run malls in capital city and harrisburg. All the security vehicles are green. I will look up the code section for you. I used to work mall security there and we had green lights.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Florida has had this law since the 1980s. Its just, like other sections, nobody noticed.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    We noticed that by using just amber, the results of contact cooperation from others isnt high, but when combining amber with white, both being strobes, we get great results. It gets interesting.

So is it just FL or PA that has the law change on colors?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X