Item placement on your duty belt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post

I'm not going to say it's painfully obvious you haven't been in this industry very long, but...
    I've been in the industry 11 years and I've only ever laid hands on someone one time and in that instance I was providing first aid

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

I've been in the industry 11 years and I've only ever laid hands on someone one time and in that instance I was providing first aid
      I'm sure...
      A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

The security industry is much more regulated in Colorado Springs than it is is the places some of you work.

For one thing my security license is a license to do security for AUS period. If I did a part time gig for some other company I'd have to have a license for them as well.

Also in Colorado Springs it doesn't matter who you work for you're not carrying a rifle. We are limited to a .38/.357 revolver with a minimum 4 inch barrel (no SAOs) or a 9mm/.40 S&W semi automatic with a minimum 4 inch barrel (No SAOs). The only people that carry rifles are the guys who guard the grows in Pueblo and if you're working there no other security company will touch you.

Having said that, I've worked for companies that require you to provide your own kit and I'll never do it again. I've seen people lay out over 1000 bucks (including gun) for the approved duty set up then get transferred off armed duty.

I've said this before but G4S issued all over our equipment and you were expected to use what they issued and nothing but. They didn't care about my pocket knife but if you got caught with an ASP for instance or different handcuffs than the issue you risked termination. I've told this story before but they made me sign a hand receipt for one round of issue ammunition.

I've said this before too but for the two years that I worked for them I beat the crap out of their equipment. And when I left I left all that beat up S**t on the floor of their equipment room.

Bottom line, I'm not covering my employer's operating expenses. If they want me to carry a gun they can buy it and they can lay out the 300 bucks for the level 2 retention holster and the cost of everything else

Comment

I'm sure...
          I'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken me for someone who gives a **** about your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

I'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken me for someone who gives a **** about your opinion
            Weird...you seem to go out of your way to comment on my posts and reply to posts that don't concern you. I've got a few suggestions on what you can do with your opinion.
            A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Sorry for hurting your feelings, by the way.

Comment

I'm not going to say it's painfully obvious you haven't been in this industry very long, but...
                I've got to agree here.

I've been doing security for about a decade now, and I've done pretty much every type of security gig you can think of, from access control at a factory, vehicle patrol, bouncing, loss prevention, name it I've done it. Sure, certain jobs are a hell of a lot less likely of going hands on, level one positions come to mind. But if you're level two you need to have the understanding that you have your equipment for a reason, and there very well may come a time were de-escalation does not work and you will be forced to defend yourself.

Working in a hospital, going hands on is a regular thing we don't shy away from, seven times out of ten it's holding someone to a bed while restraints or meds are administered.

I will say I go hands on more in one week in a hospital than I have in eight years of security elsewhere.

That being said, I had hands on situations before working in the hospital. Mostly when I worked downtown at the towers or bouncing.

Comment

I've said it before, but security companies need to stop dodging the issue. They need to either:

A) Not issue equipment/provide training, and tell their guards that they are to "observe and report" in ALL situations (and that includes not entering any potentially dangerous situations at all), or

B) Tell their guards that they are expected to go hands-on in certain circumstances, and provide the appropriate training and equipment.

I'm tired of security companies/clients saying "you don't need X training/equipment because you're not a cop" but then expecting us to do things normally only cops do.

Comment

No pictures, but my set up is something like this:

From belt buckle (12), around my spacious belt area:

2 o'clock: OC spray (small can, not sure of size)
                    3 o'clock: Handgun (Glock 22C in Level III Safariland holster)
                    not quite 4 o'clock: baton (ASP)
                    b/t 4 & 5 o'clock: cuff (basic S&W in case)
                    6 o'clock: med kit (TQ, gloves, Quik Clot)
                    b/t 7&8 o'clock: cuff (same as previous)
                    8 o'clock: radio (in stupid swivel holster with remote mic)
                    9 o'clock: mag pouch (open top kydex with dual mags)
                    10 o'clock: flashlight (Streamlight Stinger)
                    11 o'clock: keys (building keys, ID, spare cuff key)

Usually, I'll also have a Leatherman on there on my left side where it fits in. Also, unlike most officers I know, I use extra keepers on either side of my sidearm and baton to eliminate sliding.

Comment

unlike most officers I know, I use extra keepers on either side of my sidearm and baton to eliminate sliding.
                      I thought I was the only one that did that.
                      Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
                      Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by navamanas View Post

I think having more than one set of handcuffs on a security officers belt is laughable.
                        I know what you mean; however the only thing I think you should keep in mind is that it is either very difficult or impossible to place larger persons in handcuffs using just one set; especially when they are actively resisting...
                        Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post

I know what you mean; however the only thing I think you should keep in mind is that it is either very difficult or impossible to place larger persons in handcuffs using just one set; especially when they are actively resisting...
                          Then you can use your partner's cuffs too. I really don't think that security guards should be arresting people when they're outnumbered anyway (and large suspects count as two people...).

Comment

http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...