3500 lumen flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 lumen flashlight

No, that's not a typo. 3500 lumens. Granted, it's kinda pricey, but it's da bomb if you work in situations that need this level of light. (When I was on search & rescue, I would have loved this light.) There are 8 light levels (runs 45 minutes at full blast and longer, of course, at lower levels), plus other modes. Take it all the way down to 3 lumens if you want, which is about like the light from a luminescent watch dial. Note in the specs that it also can run off of just one battery in an emergency situation. Plus, it's really SMALL and rugged to boot.

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetai...5#.VMKwxz-Bd0g

Here's a video comparing the TM15 with this light - the TM26, and another one that's a non-starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCA-DSksPk
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-23-2015, 03:57 PM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Nitecore

I have both a Nitecore HC90 headlamp and a MH25 flashlight. Both are great light. Sure, I have liked my Mag-Lite, Streamlight, Inova, and Pelican back in the day, but some of these others companies need to step up their game a bit. I will give Streamlight credit, though, it sounds like some of the new offerings announced at SHOT Show 2015 are vastly superior to what they have offered in the not too distant past!

Comment

Dagnabbit SecTrainer, I had finally made up my mind on the Streamlight, now I'm torn again!!!!! haha, just kidding.

That is an awesome piece of kit.
      World's Youngest Grumpy Old Man

AF&AM

Opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer, the client, or SIW Forums (unless specifically stated for moderation purposes)

Comment

Originally posted by UnsupervisedCanadian View Post
        Dagnabbit SecTrainer, I had finally made up my mind on the Streamlight, now I'm torn again!!!!! haha, just kidding.

That is an awesome piece of kit.
        Warms the cockles of my heart to think that I threw a monkey wrench in someone's day, OCanada! (Reminds me of much of my misspent youth living in Alberta, where I did everything a small boy could possibly think of to discombobulate and generally confound the unsuspecting population. My picture was prominently displayed in all the post offices, usually along with the words "Reward for information leading to capture of...".)

To me, it's not even a tossup with the Streamlight, but of course everyone has their own set of criteria, and if you get the Streamlight I won't call you a hopeless bohunkus.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-25-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          Warms the cockles of my heart to think that I threw a monkey wrench in someone's day, OCanada! (Reminds me of much of my misspent youth living in Alberta, where I did everything a small boy could possibly think of to discombobulate and generally confound the unsuspecting population. My picture was prominently displayed in all the post offices, usually along with the words "Reward for information leading to capture of...".)

To me, it's not even a tossup with the Streamlight, but of course everyone has their own set of criteria, and if you get the Streamlight I won't call you a hopeless bohunkus.
          Well, I could deal with being a bohunkus...But I couldn't bear to be labelled hopeless :P

I actually found a x2 AA Streamlight that looks the same size as my mini-mag, I think I may go for that as my smaller light sees twice the use my D-Cell did (plus $60-70 vs $200 +/-)

You should have moved to Ontario, the unsuspecting population was already discombobulating itself, woulda saved you some work :P
          World's Youngest Grumpy Old Man

AF&AM

Opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer, the client, or SIW Forums (unless specifically stated for moderation purposes)

Comment

Originally posted by UnsupervisedCanadian View Post
            Well, I could deal with being a bohunkus...But I couldn't bear to be labelled hopeless :P

I actually found a x2 AA Streamlight that looks the same size as my mini-mag, I think I may go for that as my smaller light sees twice the use my D-Cell did (plus $60-70 vs $200 +/-)

You should have moved to Ontario, the unsuspecting population was already discombobulating itself, woulda saved you some work :P
            If you're looking for a bargain-priced, small, VERY bright light (with the reputable Cree LED), look at the OxyLED MD50. Runs on rechargeable Li-Ion battery (with charger included) or three AAA's. Just $20! 175 ratings, almost all 5 stars (very unusual).

http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Eme...dp/B00JE329YO/

In the Amazon reviews you'll see two different law enforcement opinions - one didn't like the fact that you can't "lock" the beam at a certain focus (which is a piffle, IMHO, and something I'd rarely do anyway because focus is situational, and it's dead simple to focus), but the other (a Streamlight fan), you can't pry it out of his cold dead hands.
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-30-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X