X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Wait. A FPS account having something other than S&W Model 10 in .38? Wow!
    All the FPS contracts in Southern California carry a S&W 4046 Tac.

Leave a comment:

• wackenhut hickey
    replied
    Smith 4046 DAO 40 S&W It is a piece of junk.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey, I get a Gen III Glock 22!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    He gets a Smith .40 (because it's cheap).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You get Lawpro cause its cheap, as well as the .38's. The baton is either ASP or Monadnock, and FPS requires it. Otherwise, expect the 20 dollar el cheapo baton.
    He gets a Smith .40 (because it's cheap).

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by wackenhut hickey
    Fortunately we do have somebody (FPS) that is willing to spend the money.....But, unfortunately our company is not willing to spend the money on our equipment. We have the cheapest of just about anything you can think of. Belt, Handcuffs, and even the gun that has been discontinued for like 10 yrs. All, we are issued is lawpro. Fortunately they at least give us a nice baton. The OC I won't even get into I have test sprayed it a few times and it only seems to spray about half a foot and comes out clumpy. Also congratulations and good luck with getting on the PD.

Sometimes the reception isn't very good I guess it all depends on the weather I guess that seems to be the only reception problems we have had. Every once in awhile I have actually heard Issaquah, and Tacoma traffic in Olympia
    pretty rare though maybe because I work graves I 'm not sure.
    You get Lawpro cause its cheap, as well as the .38's. The baton is either ASP or Monadnock, and FPS requires it. Otherwise, expect the 20 dollar el cheapo baton.

Leave a comment:

• wackenhut hickey
    replied
    Originally posted by SEO_09
    I wish that more of the companies that I worked for would have spent more money on communications equipment. But that will soon end because I just got my letter to interview for the Nantucket Police department.
    Fortunately we do have somebody (FPS) that is willing to spend the money.....But, unfortunately our company is not willing to spend the money on our equipment. We have the cheapest of just about anything you can think of. Belt, Handcuffs, and even the gun that has been discontinued for like 10 yrs. All, we are issued is lawpro. Fortunately they at least give us a nice baton. The OC I won't even get into I have test sprayed it a few times and it only seems to spray about half a foot and comes out clumpy. Also congratulations and good luck with getting on the PD.

Originally posted by wilrobnson
    Don't come north then...Reception sucks outside of the Seattle area...There's a large bi-directional amplification system at the JFB/FOB, but anywhere south (that "Issaquah" channel) bites.
    Sometimes the reception isn't very good I guess it all depends on the weather I guess that seems to be the only reception problems we have had. Every once in awhile I have actually heard Issaquah, and Tacoma traffic in Olympia
    pretty rare though maybe because I work graves I 'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wackenhut hickey
    Currently, I work with Paragon Systems on the South Wa contract. The radios are issued by the Federal Protective Service. It, is a pretty nice radio. So far I don't think we have had many problems with them.
    Don't come north then...Reception sucks outside of the Seattle area...There's a large bi-directional amplification system at the JFB/FOB, but anywhere south (that "Issaquah" channel) bites.

Leave a comment:

• SEO_09
    replied
    I wish that more of the companies that I worked for would have spent more money on communications equipment. But that will soon end because I just got my letter to interview for the Nantucket Police department.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    A friend of mine is dropping 200-300 dollars per MTX 3000 (I think) radio off ebay, then having them reprogrammed for another 100. 300-400 for a several thousand dollar digital radio is nice.

Leave a comment:

• wackenhut hickey
    replied
    Originally posted by SEO_09
    You carry a new digital motorola radio? What company/ sight issues that out, that is about 3-5 thousand dollars worth of equipment.
    Currently, I work with Paragon Systems on the South Wa contract. The radios are issued by the Federal Protective Service. It, is a pretty nice radio. So far I don't think we have had many problems with them.

Leave a comment:

• SEO_09
    replied
    You carry a new digital motorola radio? What company/ sight issues that out, that is about 3-5 thousand dollars worth of equipment.

Leave a comment:

• wackenhut hickey
    replied
    Newest belt Set up: All Bianchi Accumold

Left to Right-
    Magazine Holder
    Silent Key Holder
    26" ASP w/ Side break 360 holster
    Sure fire G2 w/holder
    Motorola Radio Pouch
    Latex Pouch Holder (2 sets)
    MK-4 OC Pouch w/ 10% pepper foam (defense technology)
    Level 3 Uncle Mikes holster w/ S&W 4046
    Cell Phone
    Double Cuff Pouch w/ 1 Set Peerless chained, 1 Set Peerless hinged

I also got a new Hindi cap for the baton but do not have a pic.

Leave a comment:

• SEO_09
    replied
    The sad part was, the case was made for surefires, and was covered.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Used to happen to my mini Mag all the time, I guess the getting in and out of the car had something to do with it. Finally got a covered case and didn't happen as much.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X