Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Monkey
    replied
    By the time I get off work my uniforms smells like goat cheese, feet, wino vomit and bacon

Leave a comment:

• fortsmithman
    replied
    This picture is not me in a security uniform. It’s me in my EMS uniform from my time in my town’s EMS Department.

Leave a comment:

• fortsmithman
    replied
    I thing this one of me in the new uniform looks better.

Leave a comment:

• fortsmithman
    replied
    Looking at the picture of me in the tan uniform shirt I do agree I look like crap in that picture. The uniform as since changed to dark navy.

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post

I'll let you have that since that appears to be your forte.

He certainly has a choice in how he presents himself. I have had to wear some godawful uniforms in security and I have seen some pretty obese officers at least show themselves to be presentable. If this pic was taken at the end of a particularly rough shift, I guess it makes sense, but I would not take seriously any officer that comes into work, or makes contact with me, looking like that. As has been stated by many others (who you apparently don't have a hard-on for), presentation and appearance is everything. I don't care if your employer makes you wear a propeller beanie and clown shoes as part of your uniform, the shoes better be shined and your clothes better be pressed. Take pride in yourself, regardless of how you feel about your company/dress code.
    I agree with you on this. I think I said somewhere here before that there was a study done among convicts who had attacked police officers and the number one reason given as to why they thought they could overcome the cop is because the cop looked like a rag bag

Leave a comment:

• CTEXSEC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post
    stupid
    I'll let you have that since that appears to be your forte.

As the poster said he doesn't have a choice in what uniform he wears.
    He certainly has a choice in how he presents himself. I have had to wear some godawful uniforms in security and I have seen some pretty obese officers at least show themselves to be presentable. If this pic was taken at the end of a particularly rough shift, I guess it makes sense, but I would not take seriously any officer that comes into work, or makes contact with me, looking like that. As has been stated by many others (who you apparently don't have a hard-on for), presentation and appearance is everything. I don't care if your employer makes you wear a propeller beanie and clown shoes as part of your uniform, the shoes better be shined and your clothes better be pressed. Take pride in yourself, regardless of how you feel about your company/dress code.

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied

Seriously, though, if someone came up to me dressed like that and told me to do quite literally anything, I'd laugh and continue on my way.
    That's a pretty stupid attitude. As the poster said he doesn't have a choice in what uniform he wears. He wears what his employer issues in accordance with the clients wishes. And his authority doesn't come from the clothes he's wearing.

The last time I had an issue at work was a meth head in the city parking garage a year ago maybe. As soon as I got out of the car he started babbling about how I had no jurisdiction over him and then I'd better leave. I never even raised my voice. I said " so I'm acting as an agent of the property owner and I'm asking you to leave if you don't leave I will call the police" I was dialing while I said it and the cops were there in 5 minutes dude got a $350 trespassing ticket and nobody gave a damn that I was wearing black bdus and a grey Polo

Leave a comment:

• fortsmithman
    replied

Seriously, though, if someone came up to me dressed like that and told me to do quite literally anything, I'd laugh and continue on my way.
    I had no choice in what uniform I wore. I did wear light blue shirt with security patches on the sleeve. The guests did not like it so my next uniform had nothing other than epaulette slip ons that had security on them. I was able to get the uniform changed to dark navy though.
    Last edited by fortsmithman; 02-05-2018, 05:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CTEXSEC1
    replied
    Our uniforms give us a little leeway. We are issued all black Class A pants and L/S shirts with company patches sewn on. While my uniforms are being set up, I am in black Elbeco (I think) polo and black 5.11's. I can, however, continue in the 5.11's if I choose...and I will.

Leave a comment:

• CTEXSEC1
    replied
    Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post
    Here is me in my uniform at work.

Leave a comment:

• fortsmithman
    replied
    It’s now bye bye to the tan shirt and hello dark navy shirt (still no patches or badge that identifies me as security, just the epaulette slipons).

Leave a comment:

• PhantomX0990
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    And Phantom, ever since your gig line comment, I find myself checking mine 2x before I walk out of the locker room, LOL.
    That's me, having a positive influence on security guard fashion.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

I got this from G4S so you can take it for what it's worth.

They frequently quoted a study at us that was supposedly a survey taken among cons who were in prison for attacking police officers. Supposably the across-the-board number one indicator that a cop would be an easy target it was if his uniform looked like a rag bag. They figure to sloppy looking cop wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him.

I have no idea where the study came from I don't know if I believe it I do know that I have run people off just by making it clear I was paying attention to them
    It is a true study. The information is correct. Guards who look like a rag bag are guards who aren't paying attention in life. They are victims. If you look like a slob, you are a slob. It doesn't take any extra effort to be presentable. You want that respect you are so dying for, from everyone? Then dress and act like a professional adult. You EARN it, it's not automatic.

Leave a comment:

• SgtWinters
    replied
    Yeah, & when I did last shift (4pm to 12am) with no employees on site I didnt give a dang about how I looked. It was for a small privately owned aircraft upgrade facility, I sat in the office & occasionally dozed, didnt always do my rounds on time but they were aware that the guards could stagger their times so as to not be predicatable. I would walk around the small offices checking office doors then out into the attached hanger then through the walkway to the back hanger. I always hated that back hanger & walkway, it spooked me, always felt like bad mojo.

When I did condo checks during the summer down in OC MD I sorta cared about my look, least my uniform was clean, maybe not ironed but not looking like it came out the ragbag. I never cared about my gig line, heck I didnt even know what that was at the time.
    Went into the military & while I'm still not a stickler for ironing, I do try to check my gig line when I walk out the door. Course being a bigger size doesnt really help much, LOL.

And yup, I'm an pay attention sorta person, living where I do, with my neighbors enjoying trespassing to hunt on my property, its sorta second naure now.

Leave a comment:

• Ingio Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    That having been said, if you are squared away you are more likely to be perceived as being competent, which will gain you compliance with employees / customers and possibly improve your safety with subjects. Think about the slob guards you've seen (in real life or movies); if I was a bad guy I'd think, "Well this guy (gal) is a joke - easy target.
    I got this from G4S so you can take it for what it's worth.

They frequently quoted a study at us that was supposedly a survey taken among cons who were in prison for attacking police officers. Supposably the across-the-board number one indicator that a cop would be an easy target it was if his uniform looked like a rag bag. They figure to sloppy looking cop wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him.

I have no idea where the study came from I don't know if I believe it I do know that I have run people off just by making it clear I was paying attention to them

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X