No announcement yet.

Uniform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s now bye bye to the tan shirt and hello dark navy shirt (still no patches or badge that identifies me as security, just the epaulette slipons).

Comment

Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post
      Here is me in my uniform at work.
      Seriously, though, if someone came up to me dressed like that and told me to do quite literally anything, I'd laugh and continue on my way.
      A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Our uniforms give us a little leeway. We are issued all black Class A pants and L/S shirts with company patches sewn on. While my uniforms are being set up, I am in black Elbeco (I think) polo and black 5.11's. I can, however, continue in the 5.11's if I choose...and I will.
        A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post

Seriously, though, if someone came up to me dressed like that and told me to do quite literally anything, I'd laugh and continue on my way.
          I had no choice in what uniform I wore. I did wear light blue shirt with security patches on the sleeve. The guests did not like it so my next uniform had nothing other than epaulette slip ons that had security on them. I was able to get the uniform changed to dark navy though.
          Last edited by fortsmithman; 02-05-2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

That's a pretty stupid attitude. As the poster said he doesn't have a choice in what uniform he wears. He wears what his employer issues in accordance with the clients wishes. And his authority doesn't come from the clothes he's wearing.

The last time I had an issue at work was a meth head in the city parking garage a year ago maybe. As soon as I got out of the car he started babbling about how I had no jurisdiction over him and then I'd better leave. I never even raised my voice. I said " so I'm acting as an agent of the property owner and I'm asking you to leave if you don't leave I will call the police" I was dialing while I said it and the cops were there in 5 minutes dude got a $350 trespassing ticket and nobody gave a damn that I was wearing black bdus and a grey Polo

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post
              stupid
              I'll let you have that since that appears to be your forte.

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post
              As the poster said he doesn't have a choice in what uniform he wears.
              He certainly has a choice in how he presents himself. I have had to wear some godawful uniforms in security and I have seen some pretty obese officers at least show themselves to be presentable. If this pic was taken at the end of a particularly rough shift, I guess it makes sense, but I would not take seriously any officer that comes into work, or makes contact with me, looking like that. As has been stated by many others (who you apparently don't have a hard-on for), presentation and appearance is everything. I don't care if your employer makes you wear a propeller beanie and clown shoes as part of your uniform, the shoes better be shined and your clothes better be pressed. Take pride in yourself, regardless of how you feel about your company/dress code.

Comment

I'll let you have that since that appears to be your forte.

He certainly has a choice in how he presents himself. I have had to wear some godawful uniforms in security and I have seen some pretty obese officers at least show themselves to be presentable. If this pic was taken at the end of a particularly rough shift, I guess it makes sense, but I would not take seriously any officer that comes into work, or makes contact with me, looking like that. As has been stated by many others (who you apparently don't have a hard-on for), presentation and appearance is everything. I don't care if your employer makes you wear a propeller beanie and clown shoes as part of your uniform, the shoes better be shined and your clothes better be pressed. Take pride in yourself, regardless of how you feel about your company/dress code.
                I agree with you on this. I think I said somewhere here before that there was a study done among convicts who had attacked police officers and the number one reason given as to why they thought they could overcome the cop is because the cop looked like a rag bag

Comment

Looking at the picture of me in the tan uniform shirt I do agree I look like crap in that picture. The uniform as since changed to dark navy.

Comment

I thing this one of me in the new uniform looks better.

Comment

This picture is not me in a security uniform. It’s me in my EMS uniform from my time in my town’s EMS Department.

Comment

By the time I get off work my uniforms smells like goat cheese, feet, wino vomit and bacon

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X