5.11 uniform shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.11 uniform shirts?

Anyone have experience and thoughts about the 5.11 uniform shirts? I have ZERO experience with them.

I am trying to put together uniforms for this company and wanted the Elbeco TexTrop. I have worn their shirts before and they arent bad. However, Elbeco does not offer the same colors across the line. So if we were to have a female hired, they do not have a navy colored shirt in women's. That pissed me off. I like Flying Cross but I think it may be out of price range. 5.11 does have their men's and women's uniform colors pretty much across the uniform line, which is good.

I am also looking for recommendations on uniform pants with an extra pocket on the side (not BDU's). Thanks folks!
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

5.11 Uniform Shirts?

We have a mix of various brands, but I was issued Elbeco pants and shirts. I guess I would be most concerned with the shirts, pants, and external vest carriers, if you are allowed to wear them, to match one another. The Elbeco pants are NOT BDUs, but they do have cargo pockets, which work out quite well. In fact, when we do our M-4 rifle training we are specifically instructed to use the cargo pocket for spare magazines. We do have several female officers, but I never checked to see what shirt they wear. At the risk of pointing out the obvious, are you sure that Elbeco does not have a navy women's shirt? I guess I would contact them because if they actually don't at this very moment, there is a very good chance that they will be offering it soon. I have found them to be a very receptive, responsive company, so it may be worth making a telephone call to them.

AS far as 5.11s go, I wore LOTS of there stuff when I was working in civilian clothes. Other than one of the uniform jackets I have now, I have little experience with there uniform side of the house, but they, too, have built up a great line and seem to be good to offer stuff that customers want. I don't think they make an external vest carrier, though, so if that is an option, you might be mixing 5.11 uniforms with a different brand of external vest carrier.

The reason that I bring up the external vest carrier is I went with the Elbeco carrier and I have had several other officers sort of stare a moment and then ask me if I am wearing an external carrier or not. The point here is the Elbeco navy external vest carrier really blends in very well with the Elbeco uniform shirt.

Lastly, if a female officer has to wear a mans uniform shirt, I don't think that is a huge deal. For the ones that it is an issue, they will have it tailored anyway!

Comment

I checked the website and there is no consistency. I did email them last night, awaiting a response.
      "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Elbeco, Flying Cross and 5.11 Tac all fine products, our class A's are Elbeco and the price is right, where Flying Cross can be pricey. However, my Elbeco shirt is great, we have to wear our badges on the front left and it's hassle free. It's funny how they offer so many products and you still can't find that perfect match, I am sure they can work something out in Navy Blue. I have my 5.11 Tac 6" zip with an officers toe in gloss black with an all terrain sole and they are by far the best.
        Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

Comment

Not to take the discussion on a tangent, but I've always wondered about companies that have uniforms in certain colors only for men. There doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason to it. It is a pain if your staff is not all male. Everybody seems to offer navy blue (LAPD blue as some call it), but since the local PD wears it our co. has to wear a different color.

As far as 5.11 goes, their stuff is good, but my company can't afford the prices. I've worn shirts of theirs that I've purchased on my own, and they're comfortable and durable.

Comment

I wear the 5.11 polo and the 5.11 "tactical pants" and I have found that the pants don't last and I wouldn't reccomend them the polos are OK but they fade out fairly quickly.

It's also worth noting that I work at 7000 feet above sea level and we get more UV that may be the reason they fade out so quick

Comment

5.11 Uniform Shirts?

Originally posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
              .....I have found that the pants don't last.....
              Are the pants that your are referring to the original cotton or the newer polyester/cotton blend?

Comment

Black 5.11 shirts

and pants fade really fast. Not sure about the other colors.
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
                  Are the pants that your are referring to the original cotton or the newer polyester/cotton blend?
                  All cotton, they also tend to wick moisture which really sucks in the winter

Comment

5.11 Clothing

The Taclite Pro Pants are a polyester and cotton blend. They seem to last long than the all cotton tactical pants. If you want warmth, get the flannel lined 5.11 pants. However, those are all cotton. I have hoped that they would offer a flannel lined Taclite Pro soon, but I don't know if that wil ever happen.

Comment

We wear Truspec 24/7 pants and polos, for cost reasons. They're ok, but I had to dye them with fabric dye after about 6 months of use. All the uniform companies have subpar products these days. I have been trying a Horace and Small polo the last 3 weeks, so far it wears about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                        Anyone have experience and thoughts about the 5.11 uniform shirts? I have ZERO experience with them.

I am trying to put together uniforms for this company and wanted the Elbeco TexTrop. I have worn their shirts before and they arent bad. However, Elbeco does not offer the same colors across the line. So if we were to have a female hired, they do not have a navy colored shirt in women's. That pissed me off. I like Flying Cross but I think it may be out of price range. 5.11 does have their men's and women's uniform colors pretty much across the uniform line, which is good.

I am also looking for recommendations on uniform pants with an extra pocket on the side (not BDU's). Thanks folks!
                        I just received my Galls new (paper) catalog last night, they had everything you're looking for in Navy..
                        Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

Comment

Truspec much more comfortable and better looking than 5.11. I wear both.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X