Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taskforcesecurity
    replied
    You could try 911 Gear, I use them to purchase all of my uniforms and gear for all of our employees. Tell him Dan from Task Force Security Sent you.

http://www.911Gear.ca
    [email protected]

Task Force Security Inc
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    http://www.TaskForceSecurity.ca

Leave a comment:

• BigGuns
    replied
    Your Quote

Hey Masterchief,
    Am I correct in your quote being from Lt Col. Dave Grossman (USAR Retired)?

Leave a comment:

• metalgolem
    replied
    I work for a private security company in British Columbia.
    To my knowledge there is no legislation that stipulates
    uniform colours for private security in this province.

Our company supplies us with black short sleeve shirts
    with our company name on the shoulder patches and
    Security on the left chest.

Our company rules dictate that our pants or shorts
    are to be black, as well as our socks (if visible) and
    our footwear is to be black as well.

The pants are to be cargo type pants or dress pants
    (depending on the site you are assigned to).

I wear black Propper BDU pants and Magnum Stealth
    boots.

We are also issued a yellow high-visibility jacket that
    has reflective stripes on it. The jacket has our company
    name on the back and Security on the left chest.

By law we are not prermitted to carry weapons, pepper spray
    or handcuffs.

Some of our guards wear soft body armour (stab-resistant vests).
    Some are issued the vests (depending on the site) and some guards buy
    their own.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    MLEO's are called Securite Publique or Securite du Territoire in the Montreal boroughs. They enforce parking, noise & other city bylaws. Go to the Public Security section of www.policecanada.ca to see some pictures of their vehicles. Some that used to be managed by the fire departments before the city of Montreal took it over a few years ago are allowed red flashers. Most have yellow. The fact there is no blue shows that they are not sworn police officers.

Leave a comment:

• Cityguy
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    What's an MLEO?

As to shirt colors, I have always found this silly. In this area alone, they wear: Silvertan (Sheriff), LAPD Blue (Police and Security), French Blue (Police and Security), Black (Police and Security), White (Police and Security)...

So, which do you wear when everyone wears different colors?
    We wanted to go to silvertan, but the local special constables changed their shirts to that colour....too much confusion downtown. We wear light blue shirt with LAPD blue pants and exterior vest. It was the old uniform of our local Police service, who has since gone to the all LAPD blue outfit. Nothing is edged in law, just professional respect to not copy the other...all depends upon your specific location. But that does sound silly Corbier!!!
    Oh well, my lunch break is over....back to work! Yeah, MLEO is what hotelsecurity stated. We are security with bylaw/provincial offences status....means more work

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Nathan, I believe MLEO = Municipal Law Enforcement Officer = By-law Enforcement Officer.

In the post he wrote that CANADAIN law does not allow...... Regulating private Security is a provincial jurisdiction not federal.

Nicholls has 2 stores in the Montreal area. One on Jean Talon & Victoria & 1 on the south shore.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    What's an MLEO?

As to shirt colors, I have always found this silly. In this area alone, they wear: Silvertan (Sheriff), LAPD Blue (Police and Security), French Blue (Police and Security), Black (Police and Security), White (Police and Security)...

So, which do you wear when everyone wears different colors?

Leave a comment:

• Cityguy
    replied
    Canadian security personnel should not be wearing black or LAPD shirts. Pants are fine, but the shirt should be of another colour. There should be no confusion amongst the public as to who you are. Also, it damages relations with the police and if a cop tells you he doesnt mind, believe me they do mind. The Police Association is the major player to see Ontario's security act changed to restrict certain uniforms, markings and equipment....you can thank the big city security companies.
    I agree that there should be a fine line btw security and police. Now I'm seeing a private company, within the city I work and live, in a crown vic with the look of the OPP stealth cruiser. Oh brother!

R. Nichols Distributors - Mississauga, Toronto, Ottawa, (Montreal?) is a great place to get gear/uniforms.
    If you need a good training company, let me know. I only recommend 2 for South and Central Ontario area. Law theory, court procedures, tactical communication, scenario based training, de-escalation tactics, arrest procedures, first-aid and CPR. Do use of force training, at the very least, every 6 months, with testing once a year. Keep your vehicle simple. You wont be doing high speed chases or bumping cars off the road! Maybe getting the "police package" upgrade - reinforced suspension, underside and brakes. It keeps your car on the road longer with less time in the shop. Stay away from the typical police markings and shoulder flashes. Amber lights only, no sirens. Equipment - cuffs are fine in Ontario, anyone can carry/use them. Spray and stun guns are not allowed. Better to get (if you're running your own company) a Security consultant to look over what area(s) the officers will be working in (risk assessments) and go by what he/she suggests.
    Radio system, cell phone at the very least. Dont carry the long multi-cell flashlights, you're only looking for trouble! Go with a Strion, Scorpian or some other flashlight, perferably a rechargeable light that can easily attach to your duty belt....and cannot be used as a weapon against you in a struggle.
    I gotta go to work now....lots more to say, but you get my point!

Cityguy
    Municipal Security/MLEO

Leave a comment:

• burley
    replied
    guard tour systems

I need to purchase a Guard Tour System (the wand and decal system that monitors whether the Security Officer has actually visited a certain location) asap. I would appreciate it if I could get tried and true experience/information on these systems either from a front line Security Officer guard perspective or management perspective.

Leave a comment:

• HouseEnforcer
    replied
    We don't need to have Security on our backs.

We can carry handcuffs, PR24's or Straight Sticks, and wear soft body armour. Soon an act will come out stating we cannot wear black or dark blue shirts (think NYPD blue). Of corse, proper training and cert's are required for all of the above...cept the SBA

These are for Ontario only. In BC most security cannot carry cuffs, or a baton, or wear a vest of any kind.

Leave a comment:

• burley
    replied
    All organizations employing in-house security and security provider organizations must be licensed and have their staff trained and licensed by March 2007. This means the warm body who speaks little english will now have to meet a standardized training requirement (probably 40hrs.+) and then pass a standardized exam to obtain their license.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by burley
    Bill 159 pertaining to the Private Security and Investigative Services Act is a piece of provincial legislation that has been passed in Ontario in December '05. The Bill outlines all the legislative requirements in order to be employed as a Security Guard in Ontario. You can easily obtain this info on the internet. The legislation covers everything from equipment to uniforms, to job titles.
    Has it been enacted yet?

Leave a comment:

• burley
    replied
    google Bill 159

Bill 159 pertaining to the Private Security and Investigative Services Act is a piece of provincial legislation that has been passed in Ontario in December '05. The Bill outlines all the legislative requirements in order to be employed as a Security Guard in Ontario. You can easily obtain this info on the internet. The legislation covers everything from equipment to uniforms, to job titles.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    A uniform that says SECURITY GUARD in specified height on the front and back, I believe. Have you tried the provincial website for Ontario? Canadian proviences are pretty good about putting this stuff online.
    But remember the law is about to change any day now.

Leave a comment:

• masterchief
    replied
    as many laws and regulations you only get told what is restrikted but not realy what you can do without getting in trouble

masterchief

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X