O.C. Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mall Director
    My officer have to go through training in OC use and exposure. I have a couple who, for lack of better terminology, are "hard core", and dont mind to much getting exposed to a variety of sprays. I do however buy them lunch each time I subject them to a new component, LOL!........
    Based on the long-lasting and painful effects that you have documented so well, I wouldn't do it if you bought me lunch and dinner for a whole week. Suckers!!
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      Based on the long-lasting and painful effects that you have documented so well, I wouldn't do it if you bought me lunch and dinner for a whole week. Suckers!!
      I agree very much with you! I was exposed to the X2, and that cured me of ever wanting or putting myself in the situation of getting "hosed"!

I am amazed anyone would ever volenteer for it, but hey... It makes all kinds to make the world go around! LOL!

PS: Anyone have another product they want to know about.. Drop it here, and we will get an answer! Anyone want more info about "already reviewed" products, let me know as well!
      Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Yeah, I got one, and its cheap, too. Next order from Galls, pick up a can of their Galls spray. See if you can:

1) Figure out from MSDS and Lot Information who's making it
        2) Does it work?
        3) How different is it from whoever's making its normal formulation.

Actually, I got two more, actually...

1) Pepperball PAVA Spray
        2) VEXOR, the insane non-OC OC.

Pepperball tells me that PAVA-II spray is legal in WI, and if its consistantly hot, I'd probably issue it.

Vexor is just weird, its synthetic OC like PAVA, but its 1% pure capscain in suspension.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Ooo, never heard of either... I will get this out to you ASAP!
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Yeah, I got one, and its cheap, too. Next order from Galls, pick up a can of their Galls spray. See if you can:

1) Figure out from MSDS and Lot Information who's making it
            2) Does it work?
            3) How different is it from whoever's making its normal formulation.

Actually, I got two more, actually...

1) Pepperball PAVA Spray
            2) VEXOR, the insane non-OC OC.

Pepperball tells me that PAVA-II spray is legal in WI, and if its consistantly hot, I'd probably issue it.

Vexor is just weird, its synthetic OC like PAVA, but its 1% pure capscain in suspension.
            I contacted Vexor and was able to recieve two samples of it, I'm going to have a little "test" session with it this weekend so I'll let you all know how it is. The prices are a lot higher than most sprays and it seems Vexor only comes in 1oz cans. They have a different type of safety feature (which is a must in WI per law), which would actually come in handy if picked up by a bad guy. I'm also going to be trying out my pepperfoam (Mace brand). I'll let you all know.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
              I contacted Vexor and was able to recieve two samples of it, I'm going to have a little "test" session with it this weekend so I'll let you all know how it is. The prices are a lot higher than most sprays and it seems Vexor only comes in 1oz cans. They have a different type of safety feature (which is a must in WI per law), which would actually come in handy if picked up by a bad guy. I'm also going to be trying out my pepperfoam (Mace brand). I'll let you all know.
              How'd... you... get samples? Did you have to buy them? I would be interested in getting samples of this product, with the B license in, Florida is moving quickly and we need an OC brand.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have them picked up. We did a three day shipping on them off the net. Most of these dealers dont like to give out free samples. They like for payments, then they send free stuff sometimes when we send our reviews in.

I will be testing this weekend, as I have to wait for my "volenteer officer" to come back from vacation.

We did test "Top Cop" last weekend, by ASL Labatories. But I am still waiting for the MSDS on it.
                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
                  I have them picked up. We did a three day shipping on them off the net. Most of these dealers dont like to give out free samples. They like for payments, then they send free stuff sometimes when we send our reviews in.

I will be testing this weekend, as I have to wait for my "volenteer officer" to come back from vacation.

We did test "Top Cop" last weekend, by ASL Labatories. But I am still waiting for the MSDS on it.
                  When I contacted Vexor they told me as long as I worked for a verified security company they would send me a free sample. I really liked Vexor's safety feature, it may take someone a few seconds to figure it out if it falls into the wrong hands. I keep talking it up to the guys at work, but with a 25 dollar a can price (that's only for 1oz) I don't really think anyone will be willing to go in on an order with me. Oh well. More to come.

PS, Vexor sent me two free samples, the MSDS', a price list and a nifty "this is why you should buy me" video. We'll see on Friday if they have earned a new customer. The funny thing is, that all depends on how much pain they can put me in.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                    When I contacted Vexor they told me as long as I worked for a verified security company they would send me a free sample. I really liked Vexor's safety feature, it may take someone a few seconds to figure it out if it falls into the wrong hands. I keep talking it up to the guys at work, but with a 25 dollar a can price (that's only for 1oz) I don't really think anyone will be willing to go in on an order with me. Oh well. More to come.

PS, Vexor sent me two free samples, the MSDS', a price list and a nifty "this is why you should buy me" video. We'll see on Friday if they have earned a new customer. The funny thing is, that all depends on how much pain they can put me in.
                    5,000,000 SHU's of pain.

I ordered a sample, since NAPSOA PSG has its licensing now. I have a frequent resident of the local bars who is crazy enough to take a hit of Vexor, we'll see how it works on a big bad ass biker type - the kind of people we'd spray when they're half drunk and out of control up here.

Comment

So, I'm sitting here with a can of Vexor. Here's my review, and here's why I like it, and why I don't. Keep in mind I didn't even spray myself with it, it wasn't required.

The Zarc International Test and Evaluation Kit for Vexor contains, as ff stated, one can of Vexor, some informational materials, and a CD with a Flash video.

Vexor is a small can, about 1 ounce. It requires a special holster or an insert for regular OC holders. It has an integral safety, as described by others.

For my first test, I discharged it indoors at a target. No blowback was seen, and the cone hit the target at 6 feet away. However, within 30 seconds, the entire room was contaminated and I was coughing like mad.

So, how do I know the effects? The safety contaminates your index finger.

Comment

So, I'm sitting here with a can of Vexor. Here's my review, and here's why I like it, and why I don't. Keep in mind I didn't even spray myself with it, it wasn't required.

The Zarc International Test and Evaluation Kit for Vexor contains, as ff stated, one can of Vexor, some informational materials, and a CD with a Flash video.

Vexor is a small can, about 1 ounce. It requires a special holster or an insert for regular OC holders. It has an integral safety, as described by others.

For my first test, I discharged it indoors at a target. No blowback was seen, and the cone hit the target at 6 feet away. However, within 30 seconds, the entire room was contaminated and I was coughing like mad.

So, how do I know the effects? The safety contaminates your index finger.
                        I have yet to be sprayed with this (gotta find the time). But I have felt the effects also. I let off a short spray the other night, reholstered the can (which fits fine in my UM MKIII holder), scratched my upper lip right beneath my nose and promptly started cussing. As NA stated, if one holds this safety in and sprays you're pretty much guarunteed to contaminate your finger. The small amout of spay that I passed on to my lip freakin hurt,
                        Almost immediate pain, 1-2 seconds
                        Pretty much felt like someone was driving 300 small needles into my lip for the first 5 minutes, for some reason the human reaction to pain on the lips (espically burning pain) is to lick it... then it felt like someone was driving a nail into the tip of my tounge.
                        The pain on my lip lasted for about 5 minutes and then slowly faded to a numb feeling over the next 5 minutes. The numbness lasted for almost exactly 45 minutes (I believe it was 47 or 48 minutes).
                        Getting a direct hit of this stuff in the face would probably hurt a lot, I'll let you know when that happens, but it may be a bit, we need to set up the training time.

Comment

PS, I also started flushing my lips after the first five minutes which only helped when the water was contacting the affected spot, as soon as the water stopped, the pain started again. I doubt the flushing with cool water would speed up recovery time at all if given a full spray to the face.

Comment

Did they give you the OC First Aid wipes? The worst part of it was that I contaminated the kitchen, the bathroom, and the living room, just by firing it off in the kitchen. Even with the bathroom and bedroom doors closed we were hacking for a good 20 minutes.

No way in hell I'm taking a hit with this stuff.

Comment

Did they give you the OC First Aid wipes? The worst part of it was that I contaminated the kitchen, the bathroom, and the living room, just by firing it off in the kitchen. Even with the bathroom and bedroom doors closed we were hacking for a good 20 minutes.

Ok, you know the amount of respect you get in this forum and I parellel that attitude, but the KITCHEN!?! You were to excited huh? I know it comes in that cool box and everything, but even I decided against testing it out in my basement. Joking aside. I got the wipes, but I didn't have them with me. If that 45 minutes were the norm for this stuff I really really don't want to be on the recieving end, but I did tell a few people I'd take a hit with it. It may just be an arm hit now. A few years ago Gateway (the local 2yr college here) used the double barrel type of OC made by Vexor or Capstun during thier DAAT class, the guys I talked to about it said it was the worst thing that ever happened to them. A girl I talked to said she thought it was worse than giving birth, with no epideral or drugs! So if you (NA) read about some guy who spontaneously combusted because of this pepper spray it was me. Oh wait only KPD does that.....

Comment

A little FYI on the first aid wipes... Dont spend the money on them. Here is my quick tip of the day, before I go onto publishing the results from the last four agents we tested..

1) Johnson+Johnson's Baby Shampoo: It contains a very small amount of novacain that is a numbing agent (specifically used as tear free for babys). Mix a container of it, as if you were washing your hair, a couple drops per two quarts of water. Add Ice Cubes for extra pleasure (sounded wrong). Let it chill if you so desire. Decontamination time increases suggnificantly.

2) Milk: Milk has natural nutriants that counter oil residue. Taking for example, you eat spicy food, you use milk to help cool the burn. Milk works the same way when you wash your face with it.

Milk and the Shampoo run you only a few dollars, where items such as "Bio-Shield" and so on, run $20-50. On top of that, if your department goes throuhgh spray the way ours do, then it can get costly, and if you run out, you have to wait until the next shipment comes in, where as these items are just a dash to your local groccers! Enjoy, try it out, I know you will find it useful!
                                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X