X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Director
    replied
    Here is some help:

I am not familiar with the product you are speaking of, but on a serious note, be carefull when it comes to the private sector in use of chemical defense agents. I am not saying dont get it or use it, no no, I am all for it, but protect yourself in and out of court!

I hold a National Instructors Certification in Chemical Defense Agent training and certificaiton. I gained alot of knowledge going through training about chemical agents, and my biggest concern about the product your were handed, is not that it is CS or CN, but the solvents used in its composition. What type of projectant does it use? what type of carrier does it use?

This new product you have been handed, sounds like a "foam" agent to me. My department uses foam agents. Though we dont use what you are speaking of, we use a similiar type product by Defensive Technologies, and that being First Defense Pepper Foam. It is a 10% Oleoresin Capsiscum. The propellant and carrier to this product is Nitrogen. It is 100% food grade composition and has absolutely no long term side effects.

Due to working in a Mall, cross contamination is an issue, which is why we went the Foam route. We do carry an additional Spray type agent as well (Defensive Technologies First Defense X2, hot hot hot), but we use the foam indoors, as it will not leave residue all over the interior, stopping business and causing the "customer choke out" by the innocent ones in the area. Clean up is quick.

Most of your sprays will have a marking agent in them, commonly orange. You can order up a different color if you so desire. I do not mean to push Defensive Technologies here, especially holding certs with them, but I do suggest knowledge on product before use. It is nice to walk into court, when an egghead you "emoddied with chemical love" has an issue with you using a "harmful" product on them. The minute I explain that it is 100% food grade, no solvents or chemicals, and is even edible, I have it in the bag!

If you have any questions or comments, or need further information, please get a hold of me, as i have a ton of knowledge in this area, and look forward to sharing!

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    ...The thing about dye witness is that its a shock value...
    One of the things I've found from having to use pepper spray in hand to hand situations is that if you do have time to pull the canister out of its scabbard it had better be able to burn like hell when you use it. It would not work well as a tool of distraction in scenarios I have seen simply because of the full split second it takes to move your hand to the duty belt, pull up the retaining flap, pull the can out, point it, and push the button. During that time a slugger can hit you several times. Then again the mechanics of each situation varies. It could be just the thing needed.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Dye Witness was big down here in the 90s. The first problem was that the solution choked people - it was too foamy to obscure the vision. So, they reformulated it to make it better - doesn't choke people now. The problem? Fine, I just wipe it off, and proceed to beat the crap out of you for spraying me with it.

Its an interesting product, but you had best have an ASP or PR-24 and some defensive tactics skills before using it. In fact, the moment you spray, you should immediately engage - as hard as you can - and take the suspect to the ground. The thing about dye witness is that its a shock value. "I've been sprayed!" Use that against them - hit them and hit them hard. Because once they realize they're not on fire, they're gonna kick your ass.

Leave a comment:

• HouseEnforcer
    started a topic Non offensive aerosol spray

Non offensive aerosol spray

Just today I was over at head office, and I was given this "Dye Witness" product. It looks just like a little bottle of pepper spray, and it has a bright green top. It contains a denser version of shaving creme, combined with a bright green industrial strength food dye. The idea being you spray a hostile client in the eyes (contains no OC or the like) and it foams up, restricting their vision. The more you touch it, the more it sinks in, and it will last on the face for about 3 days. Best is, if the person escapes, we simply tell police to look for the person matching our description, and a bright lime green face.

I don't know, this is the first time I've seen this and I thought it was a perfect substitute for a security guard who is unable to carry an offensive spray of any kind.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X