Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pepperball Survey

http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/113625/eeafca50/

This survey came in my inbox. I told them the truth, I think its a toy that will be abused by the average security guard. Its 11 inches long, 2 inches wide, and weighs 2.2 pounds. Oh, and it has the ability to kill a person if you shoot them in the eye.

I like pepperball launchers. The real deal. But a 5 shot "last ditch" weapon that doubles as a flashlight... The guard companies will stick them in the supervisor's car and ignore them. Individual guards will probably, if issued, use them as a primary flashlight.

Don't forget that quite a few states outlaw pepperball.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

This reminds me of those flashlights that came with an internal OC spray back in the late eighties. You inserted the can into the first battery slot and the rest with regular batteries. The one I had didn't work that well. This however is interesting. But yea. In the hands of an under trained and/or over zealous security person could result in some problems. They would be inclined to carry it instead of a flashlight and may find it ether too convenient to use or just be plain ignorant about it all together. In the right hands this could be a good tool. The issue of it actually sending out a projectile does seem to be a concern however.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

:d :d Got To Get One!!!! :d :d

Comment

I got that email too... I am not all that impressed with it.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I'm still trying to get my hands on handful of pepperballs for my next big paintball game

Comment

This item wouldn't be one I see us using in the hospital. Too much risk for collateral damage.
            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

If I want a pepperball gun, I want a pepperball gun. Not a flashlight. This thing reminds me of the MACE Brand(tm) Pepper Spray/Electric/Super-Nuclear Flashlight.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                I'm still trying to get my hands on handful of pepperballs for my next big paintball game
                Goodluck... they are awfully expensive. Depending on how many you purchase you are looking at $1.50 - $2.50 per pepperball. That is a far cry from the usual $0.25 - $0.50 for a typical premium grade paintball.
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/113625/eeafca50/

This survey came in my inbox. I told them the truth, I think its a toy that will be abused by the average security guard. Its 11 inches long, 2 inches wide, and weighs 2.2 pounds. Oh, and it has the ability to kill a person if you shoot them in the eye.
                  If you are talking about the incident in Boston, that was not Pepperball and not Pepperball products were used in that death. To date Pepperball is 100% non-lethal. Please keep in mind I am not saying that serious injury could not incur if one was to shoot someone in the face with Pepperball; its just that it hasn't happed yet in the thousands of applications so far.

California Security Blog
                  Domain Registration Services

Comment

I just found out today, that TDCJ has approved the Pepperball!!!!!!

Yes, I can't wait to get my hands on that, LOL.
                    Last edited by dla4122; 06-21-2006, 09:49 PM. Reason: Mispelled a word like an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafetyred
                      If you are talking about the incident in Boston, that was not Pepperball and not Pepperball products were used in that death. To date Pepperball is 100% non-lethal. Please keep in mind I am not saying that serious injury could not incur if one was to shoot someone in the face with Pepperball; its just that it hasn't happed yet in the thousands of applications so far.
                      What was that weapon system? I was told that a pepperball launcher was given to an officer who was not rated on it, and he shot a girl in the eye, killing her.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        What was that weapon system? I was told that a pepperball launcher was given to an officer who was not rated on it, and he shot a girl in the eye, killing her.
                        It was a FN 303 system that utilizes a fin-stabilized polystyrene body and non-toxic bismuth at 8.5 grams. The Pepperball system utilizes a 3 gram projectile with no metal at all, just PAVA in a plastc shell. The 303 is also faster than Pepperball's 350 feet/second.

California Security Blog
                        Domain Registration Services

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafetyred
                          It was a FN 303 system that utilizes a fin-stabilized polystyrene body and non-toxic bismuth at 8.5 grams. The Pepperball system utilizes a 3 gram projectile with no metal at all, just PAVA in a plastc shell. The 303 is also faster than Pepperball's 350 feet/second.
                          Ah... I've seen the FN 303 unit in catalogs. Along with a big disclaimer noting that FN prevents any private agency from owning one, no matter what they do. Government purchases only.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X