Veterans Mean Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Mean Business

For any veterans out there who are running a small business or thinking about starting one (it seems there are always people here thinking about going out on their own) my advice is don't walk, RUN to your nearest Small Business Development Center and see if they are hosting the Veterans Mean Business course. It is a course in small business marketing and management. Not only do they put forth some fantastic information, they also provide free business counseling and networking opportunities. Better yet? It is free for veterans!

I just started the program here in my neck of the woods, but was told that grants were given to 19 different groups around the country to host the program. You can see our local program at www.veteransmeanbusiness.org. To find your local program, check with the SBDC.

Dave
    David Tombleson
    Executive Security Manager
    Wy'east Tactical, LLC
    www.wyeasttactical.com

There are a number of federally funded programs designed to help veterans get up and running their own small business. Thank you PT for sharing this specific information, especially since our industry seems to attract currently serving military and veterans alike.
    Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

The cleanliness of our hearts, The strength of our limbs, and commitment to our promise.

My military contract is up and over. However, I never needed to affirm that I would defend the constitution, our freedoms, our way of life from enemies both domestic and foreign. Do not think that since I am no longer in the military, I will not pick up a weapon to defend my family, my home or my country. - Me!

Comment

Kudos for that info. Starting a business and achieving financial freedom even when you are a veteran is indeed a great accomplishment. I just hope that there would be a similar program for others as well.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X