beginning of starting a security guard service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginning of starting a security guard service

Me and a friend are taking the first steps to starting a security guard service. What I am having a problem with is in what order does things need to be done as far as getting the agency licence and insurance. I have been finding conflicting info. If any one could point me in the right direction to find the right info for the order and possiable cost .That would be a big help. Located in Florida

thanks
    Last edited by jknott; 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM.

Everything you need

10 seconds on Google;

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/security/index.html
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by txinvestigator View Post
      Hah! I found that very same information in a mere 6.78 seconds!
      ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by jknott View Post
        Me and a friend are taking the first steps to starting a security guard service. What I am having a problem with is in what order does things need to be done as far as getting the agency licence and insurance. I have been finding conflicting info. If any one could point me in the right direction to find the right info for the order and possiable cost .That would be a big help. Located in Florida

thanks
        Is it too early to tell where your "headquaters" would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
          Hah! I found that very same information in a mere 6.78 seconds!
          Your Google-fu is impressive.
          Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by txinvestigator View Post
            Your Google-fu is impressive.
            No...........computer speed.

Comment

J,
              Went through the same thing down in South Florida with a buddy, recently. He could apply for the license without having the insurance but, it wouldn't be approved until he had a letter from an insurance company stating he had a policy number, the coverage and the amount covered. Then, he paid for the license back just before Jan 1. Still waiting on the license to actually be issued.
              "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

tacticalguy

I dont understand how you can get insurance without having the company all set up with everything eles. Dont you need the name and all that . you would think that the FDACS website would spell it out for you. thanks again

secguy- "headquaters" in central florida area
                Last edited by jknott; 02-01-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I dont understand how you can get insurance without having the company all set up with everything eles. Dont you need the name and all that . you would think that the FDACS website would spell it out for you. thanks again

secguy- "headquaters" in central florida area
                  Thanks..........Good luck

Comment

That's what I was saying. Establish your LLC and start your application with the state then, go to a company(I don't want to advertise for any specific company but, we went through El Dorado) and get your policy number. The state won't issue the license until there is proof of insurance.

PS: Did I forget to mention earlier about the LLC? Oops, sorry.
                    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

thanks

thanks you for the advise. whatever must be done . thanks again. one more reason I like this site .

Comment

Starting a security company in Florida

I was asked to shed some light on this by Tacticalguy.

First, you need to fill out the application and submit it to the state plus pay the $50.00 filing fee. Once the state receives the application, it will either be denied or they will ask for further information. What they will ask for is your articles of incorporation with the state. For that you need to file for your LLC. you can do that on line. Once you get your articles of incorporation, that needs to be turned in to the state. Note: you could do that at the begining, but since it cost a few hundred dollars to file for an LLC, Your better off waiting to make sure you won't be denied.

Once the state approves your agency license, you will get a letter stating that you need to pay the $450.00 agency license fee and show proof of insurance before your license can be issued. Now, when you get your notice that your agency has been approved, you will have your agency license number. You will need that to get insurance.

You will also need to file for your EIN at that time.

As Tactical Guy stated, I went with El Dorado Insurance. They only handle security agencies and the rates are good. They also handle workers comp.

What he didn't tell you is the name of my agency, but if you really want to know that just ask me. Another thing, this company is 100% US military owned, operated, and staffed. My self and my partner are both combat veterans, he is still overseas.

Comment

thanks

thanks so much for your insight and for tacticalguy to ask you for your insight.

I would like to know the name of your company. I guess its for the same reason thats been said that killed that cat .

I guess its makes sense to do it all that way but no were on the FDACS website did i see that info laid all out(like I think it should be) did I miss it?

Comment

Company Name

The company name I chose for several reasons. One being that there is no other name like it in the state. If you go looking through the state site, you will notice many different companies with names very close to each other. The reason is that some people who lack confidence in their ability fashion their names after other companies in the hopes that they can get more clients. I know my ability, and my background. Hence the company name.

Federated Tactical Security, LLC.

If you understand the word federation, you will know why I chose Federated. I have brought together officers who are highly trained, experienced, all military veterans, many of whome are recent combat veterans. A federation if you will. Tactical, because of the type of accounts I have worked at and the type I am going after.

My security patch in unlike any. Not only in the state, but the country.

When you see it, you will know us. I also have in the works a training facility. Right now it's just in the planning stages, but it will be a 4 week academy that will certify an officer in everything. Plus some extra training.

Comment

company patch

if you would like more information on the agency I can be reached at [email protected]

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X