X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Like you said, you had a witness. Also, one shouldn't allow the press to dictate the proper course. He would still go to jail if it were up to me.
    True, but what if the jailing cost your company the account due to the bad publicity, or multiple accounts?

Unfortunately, everyone needs spin.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Like you said, you had a witness. Also, one shouldn't allow the press to dictate the proper course. He would still go to jail if it were up to me.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. If I were his supervisor, I would have had him arrested him for lewd conduct.
    Unfortunately, prove that it happened?

You could wait for SPPD to arrive, but then think of the media issue. The Saint Petersburg Times, like many newspapers, reads the police reports every night.

St. Petersburg (AP) -- A security guard in St. Petersburg was arrested for lewd and lacivious conduct last night, at a mobile home construction company. First Name Last Name, a guard working for Company Name, was found by Saint Petersburg Police Officers who responded to a call of lewd conduct. Last Name was taken to the Pinellas County Jail, and charged with one count of Lewd and Lacivious Behavior, a felony. Owner's Name, the owner of Company Name, was quoted as saying, "We have professional security officers. I don't know how this happened." Lt. Bob Barker of the Largo Police Department for an opinion, as a recongized expert on contract security in the Bay Area, who was quoted as saying, "Its what you get with those security guards. They're not trained, they're not screened, they're not hired. Don't forget, this guy had a gun." Multiple staff writers contributed to this report.

A few things for those of you not in the area to understand:
    St. Petersburg Times is the local right-wing paper. The Tampa Tribune, solidly left-wing, would print even worse. They have a hard-on for several companies out there, as their buddies with one perticular company, there's no other way to put it.

The Largo Police Department having a hard-on for my former employer (at the time) is an understatement of grave proportions. There was only one thing LPD hated more than us, and that was the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

My boss would of given them a wall of text, carefully prepared. And they would of taken two sentiencees out of it.

And, when we would do something, we were never mentioned. Police officers discovered it, police officers did this, etc. It maintains the status quo.

Oh, and they LOVED naming our sites, by address. So, you also embaress the client. Imagine if you were the client, and YOUR client declined to sit in any chair in the place, for fear of catching cooties from the guard wacking off in the chair the night before.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I remember a supervisor advising me that he found a guy fondling himself while watching a ****ographic movie in the client's office at a construction site.

The supervsior called for another supervisor, and waited before confronting him.
    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. If I were his supervisor, I would have had him arrested him for lewd conduct.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Know a guy local who was a DI assigned to rehabilitate or babysit non-hackers. He said it was the worst job ever.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security
    Ugh bringing back Parris Island memories.........
    One of my bosses was Provost Marshall there.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    This is for killing, this is for fun...
    Ugh bringing back Parris Island memories.........

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    This is my weapon. This is my gun...
    This is for killing, this is for fun...

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    This is my weapon. This is my gun...

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I remember a supervisor advising me that he found a guy fondling himself while watching a ****ographic movie in the client's office at a construction site.

The supervsior called for another supervisor, and waited before confronting him.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Wow, this reminds me of a time 10 years ago when a security guard was found asleep in the basement of the building I worked at with an obscene video playing on a tv screen and a beer in his lunch pack.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Docking him 4 hours & charging him $43.00 (employee rate) was my exact thoughts. Then he came in smelling of beer 2 mornings later...GOODBYE!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Worth More Dead Than Alive

We have a word for that. It starts with B, and ends in T.

Dock his pay at ETOD... I'd hate to see what your in-house death benefits (not state or federal) for LOD death is, Tennsix, if the HR department is trying to clock you guys out at estimated time of death...

Although, I will say this. Unless I know the cop, I won't wake him, especially in a public place, without at least two officers. I was tought a very important rule, which I tried to post earlier and got timeouts on:

Never wake a person who is armed alone. They may draw when startled.
    Our LOD death benefits are pretty decent. The state/federal benefits are in addition to that. My ex always joked (i think) that she would be sure to be me in while I am on duty.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Charge him for the room.
    Did I mention I like this idea? The room was Out of Order and a loss for that night.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Well, it was university HR not PD HR but that was still a low blow.
    We have a word for that. It starts with B, and ends in T.

Dock his pay at ETOD... I'd hate to see what your in-house death benefits (not state or federal) for LOD death is, Tennsix, if the HR department is trying to clock you guys out at estimated time of death...

Although, I will say this. Unless I know the cop, I won't wake him, especially in a public place, without at least two officers. I was tought a very important rule, which I tried to post earlier and got timeouts on:

Never wake a person who is armed alone. They may draw when startled.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X