POV - Business Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POV - Business Use

Most of us have policies that restrict insurance liability to personal use. I don't use my car much for business other than getting from point A to B, just like you do as an employee. I want to put my business name on my car for advertising purposes. Does anyone else do this and if so, did you need business insurance on your car?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

What we did was transfer my vehicle from us personally into the name of the business and got seperate insurance that way. This way yu can also deduct the mileage, care and depreciation for the tax man
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Fox View Post
      What we did was transfer my vehicle from us personally into the name of the business and got seperate insurance that way. This way yu can also deduct the mileage, care and depreciation for the tax man
      Make sure you keep very accurate mileage logs as only you business miles are deductible. Traveling three states away to visit Aunt Sally does not qualify as business mileage. The IRS is very sticky about that.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I'd rather not transfer the vehicle since it will increase my insurance costs and I'm using it more for personal rather than business.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

When we were searching for a firearms instructor for our Comapny Designee, we came across an older gentleman in South GA that had been in the security "business" for a very long time. He began to question us about the need for a firearms instructor, and we advised hm as we were sure he already knew that the company designee needed to be registered in order to test for the company license.

This fella advised us in his own certain way, and I quote,
          "BOY! YOU DON'T NEED NO DAMN LICENSE! THIS IS AMERICA! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO!!"

We have talked about this gentleman numerous time since that day and had a good laugh every time.

So Mr. Security, I will pass on the advice of an old FRIEND of mine,

BOY, THIS IS AMERICA YOU CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO!!

Comment

Reminds me of a in-house gate guard we had to get past to get to work.

"I don't need no gun license to wear a gun, I'm a private security guard, I don't work for a company. I could wear one with a hunting license."
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X