Kentucky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky.

As no one here probably knows, later this year I am planning to move out to the State of Kentucky. With that, I am considering trying to start my own Security Company out there... however; I cannot seem to find any information on licensing, insurances, requirements, etc... from the state website.

I have decided upon the name "Kentucky Merchant Patrol" (Pending that it's legal) and I have designed up what I want my patrol cars to somewhat look like.

Im wondering if anyone has any information, or resources on where I can get information about starting up a security company in KY.

Thanks.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

What about Daniel Boone Security ?

Loved that show as a kid ........ too bad it was 10 years older when I got to see it and I hated my brother for singing "Daniel Boone was a Goon".

Best of luck and my Racoon skin hat size is 7 1/2 thanks.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Kentucky Board of Occupations and Professions - 502-564-3296.
      "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Thank you.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I've just registered that name. I'll sell it back to you for a reasonable price
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Ya but French doesnt count
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Where at in KY? im up in northern ky, and believe it or not, the county executives apparently have say in uniformed security and all that.. From car designs to uniform colors. KY has weird laws when it comes to security, I liked OH much better..

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayson_County,_Kentucky

Somewhere in this or a neighboring county.
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

In absence of state preemption, a county or city could (and will) regulate security services to either make lots of money or are completely useless to the end user, ensuring that police services (with money going to the city) are used in the guard's place.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

grayson county ky.. took me a second or two to figure out where that is.. seeing how ky has 120+ counties.. What kind of operation and clients you going to be getting into?

Comment

Originally posted by jer6141 View Post
                      grayson county ky.. took me a second or two to figure out where that is.. seeing how ky has 120+ counties.. What kind of operation and clients you going to be getting into?
                      I'm not going to start a true blue business plan until I actually confirm I'm going to make this move. However; I plan to service roving security patrols more-so than on-site officers (to start). As far as that goes, I'm probably going to accept any potential client.

Once I get enough business going and can establish my name, I will probably start batting for contracts such as the hospitals, government offices, etc... which as of current, do not have any form of security.
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayson_County,_Kentucky

Somewhere in this or a neighboring county.
                        Lawson,

Make sure you do some good research on the area to include it's economy, future growth, etc. Also be sure to research your competition (if any) in the area. I can tell you from experience, getting a Patrol Service up and running in a smaller town/city is not an easy task!

*Maybe research some larger surrounding areas.

We have been up and running for almost 2 years now and it has been a fight every step of the way. We have finally reached a point where we can sit back and breathe (just a little).

I am typing this in the front seat of my patrol car right now, if that tells you anything. It can be rewarding but it takes a helluva lot of work, patience, discipline, dedication, and MONEY to get one off the ground.

Be careful!!! and most of all GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

CAP is right.. Ky and OH seem saturated with security contract services.. But none of them seem paticularly good except in house or federal contracts.. With a community of 24,000+ if I remember right, is there much down there to keep the business going? As far as hospitals, government offices and the like.. Ky is in a hiring freeze and most state agencies arent allowed to spend money till july, trying to make up for a 63 million dollar budget gap.. The combined services government buildings up here have security.. But the independent ones dont, that I have seen. Hospitals are staffed with in house, bigger school districts have in house security and contract with local police. Its a tough market around here. I just seen one company come online recently, seems VERY basic roaming patrol.. Targeting the home building industry and industrial parks.. With copper thefts and the related going on in these places nightly, that might be a good place to start looking for business..

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X