• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mr. Security

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Sounds great! When can I start? **

**One snag: Since I only work unarmed, I'll need one of those holsters with the flap like the Canadian Mounties use.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I like your idea of taking it out of their check for missing or damaged equipment. Another idea would be a security deposit. I can't open the spreadsheet where I'm at right now. How many employees are you going to initially hire?
    Initial projection is 5 employees. That's 3 to work a post, one alternate, and one supervisor. For each mobile patrol account added, a minimum of two employees is required for 12 hour patrols, 3 for 8 hour patrols.

I technically count as the alternate.

Human Resources will be outsourced initially, which includes payroll, employee documentation, and quality auditing. Its cheaper in the long run to hire someone to do it right than to pay later in IRS penalties and fines.

As to "security deposits," I've never liked those. They require an up-front payment, which scares people away. Another strategy I've seen used is payroll deduction, in which case your "buying the uniforms and equipment." Five dollars, say. Most of the companies I worked for required you to payroll deduct, or buy your own uniforms outright. If we do payroll deduction, there's the question of "What happens when they pay enough in to buy another set of uniforms?" and my favorite, "What happens when they seperate? Do they get their deduction account back for turning the equipment in? Do they pay the difference and keep the gear?"

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Another ? Will you allow your employees to use their own equipment if they desire?
    As long as they bring it in, its inventoried, and signed off on. This ensures that they're wearing a retention holster, that they're wearing the weapons they're certified with, and that they have the minimum basic equipment required for the job.

You get people showing up with a 5,000 dollar Les Baer 1911 custom, in a 14.95 sporting holster, no baton, no spray, a cheap rubber flashlight they got from the dollar store, and a blue pen.

Mainly, though, this prevents people from working sites unequipped because they can't afford to shell out for a proper duty rig. You get the people who don't carry OC because OC costs 20 bucks a can. Or they can't afford a "real ASP," so they buy a "solid steel stick" at the flea market - if anything. I've seen folks come to work with a gun on their trouser belt. You ask them where the rest of it is, and they tell you 1st: The law says you can't carry that. Then: I don't need any of that. Finally: I can't afford any of that stuff, so I just carry my gun. It said "Armed Guard," didn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Another ? Will you allow your employees to use their own equipment if they desire?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I like your idea of taking it out of their check for missing or damaged equipment. Another idea would be a security deposit. I can't open the spreadsheet where I'm at right now. How many employees are you going to initially hire?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    started a topic By the Numbers - Streicher's Uniforms

By the Numbers - Streicher's Uniforms

Just got done with the master cost projection for Streichers. Here's the numbers for one fully equipped officer. Please note, when I say "fully equipped," this includes complete duty gear, firearm, extra mags, all uniform sets, coat, rain gear, everything but the hat - which Streichers does not seem to sell a Smokey hat.

Uniforms are issued 2 sets per employee, 1 rain coat, 1 tie.

Total Subtotal: $2,758.88 Per Officer
    Shipping Cost: $54.00 (29.99 Shipping, 25.00 Firearm Fee)

Shipping is negated as they are local to me.

Uniforms are Elbeco (Class B) and Mocean (Class C - Bike) 5.11 (Class C - Community Resource Team & High Risk Services Team). There is no Class A uniform, I do not wish to shudder.

Duty Gear is Bianchi Accumold, with a Safariland 6280 STX Holster.

Firearm is the Springfield Armory XD in .45 GAP, which comes with (3) 9-round magazines. Its .45, so 9+1 in the pipe is sufficient.

Armor is Level IIIA with Composite Trauma Plate.

A Microsoft Excel worksheet is attached which demonstrates a typical loadout. As required by this forum, it is zipped. Feel free to use this to understand how insane I am, or to simply compile your own uniform equipment spreadsheet for Streichers. The information on this worksheet is sufficient to order off the telephone, or to attach to a RFQ.

Comments on the equipment loadout, other than "That's way too much stuff to give to a security guard," are welcome. I am a firm believer that if you give your employees the proper uniforms, tools, and equipment, that they will take care of it. If they fail to, I take it out of their check. I am not above indentured servitude.

I also believe in such phrases as: You have been loaned this pistol in a clean condition. You have been given this pistol cleaning kit because this pistol will be maintained, by you. If you do not know how to clean a pistol, instructions are in both the owner's manual of your pistol and the OTIS cleaning kit. If you do not understand after reading this, please tell us, as you will be held accountable for the maintenance of that weapon.
    Attached Files

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X