Lowest-Cost Training Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest-Cost Training Anywhere

If you could pay $1.25 an hour for highly-focused training sessions on the entire spectrum of security topics, including management topics...and if these were presented by the world's most respected security professionals...and if you could get this training in a format where you could review them over and over again...well, who wouldn't jump at the chance?

There's something for everyone here, but especially for those who want to advance in the field, who want to become corporate security managers or to own their own companies, etc., etc. This is the real deal.

Interested? Just follow the link shown below to purchase the set of CD's that let you "attend" every one of the 157 training sessions held at the 2007 ASIS convention. You can get them from previous years, too. Each set is $199 for non-ASIS members, $149 for members.

I have purchase the CD set every year since 1999, and I can tell you without hesitation they are not ONLY the least expensive training you'll ever have a chance to receive, they are the best, with the very latest in content - unlike many books you might buy. In fact, I have created an index in Excel for the entire group that I own so that I can easily search for on title, topic, presenter's name or category (e.g., internal investigations).

I notice that on this page there are only links to the CD sets from 2005, 2006 and 2007. If you're interested in earlier years, I would imagine you can still get them by contacting ASIS. I would suggest you carefully review the contents of each of the three years available, though, select the one that looks most interesting or relevant to your situation, and then inquire into other sets once you're convinced you want more.

Here's the link: ASIS Conference CDs.

Oh..and you can purchase online access as well.

TIP: Once you have discovered this resource and believe it's right for your needs, next year make a "preconference" purchase, and you'll pay even less.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-13-2007, 10:13 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Very good post. Thank you.
    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

I should have mentioned:

1. You can also purchase individual sessions for $39 each, but it doesn't take many of those to make it more economical to purchase the whole set.

2. However, by clicking on "Purchase Individual Sessions", you can see the index to the entire CD. I suggest doing this with each of the years 2005 through 2007 in order to see which one has the most interesting content for your needs.

3. Think about purchasing all 3, plus prior years if available through ASIS. Set aside funds to purchase, say, one set every six months - about $35 per month.

4. Pay attention to topics that might not seem directly related to your current position, for several reasons:

* It will give you a broad education in the entire field of security concerns, issues, technology, etc.

* If you're a security officer, you never know what job opportunities might come your way.

* If you're a security manager, best practices from other industries can often be adapted to the industry in which you work.

* If you own a security company, you never know what industries your clients might represent, or what issues might bring a potential client to your door.

* If you're a consultant...well, it's obvious.

These sessions cover many different vertical markets either specifically (e.g., elecrical utilities, convenience stores, etc.) or more generally (e.g., Homeland Security critical infrastructure groups, retailing, etc) as well as specific technologies (access control, RFID, etc.) and issues (workplace violence, internal investigations, etc.).
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM. Reason: Format error
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Great stuff... thanx for the post.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X