Selling new business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling new business

Hello, I'm looking on some advice and tips on how to promote a new security guard business. How do you go about working to secure contracts and hire guards on such a venture? Any info or input would be greatly appreciated

Did you relocate to NC yet?
    Richard Dickinson
    Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
    DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
    www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

No, that is on hold

Thanks, but we have no plans to move to NC for now. So it looks like when I start up a s.g. business, it will be in Ga which has more favorable licensing laws.

Comment

That's why I asked. Also, it's better to start a business like this in an area with which you're familiar. I have a simple Start-up Checklist for security companies that I will gladly share with you. If you're interested, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll reply with the list attached as a Word document. I only ask that, since it is proprietary, you don't share it with anyelse without my permission.
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

How are GA laws more favorable than NC laws?
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            How are GA laws more favorable than NC laws?
            I'm quite curious about this myself.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

ga vs nc laws

well, the thing that affects me is the stipulation in n.c. that an owner / operator must have a certain years of "supervisory" experience. Ga says in a nutshell that you must have so much l.e. and or security experience in order to get a ompany license. I am qualified in Ga to obtain a license, but since I don't have the official title of "supervisor" then I couldn't get one in N.C without a partner. The thing is that in N.C., it doesn't matter if your supervisory experience were in managing a dry cleaning service, that is all they look for... the title.

Comment

any input?

Comment

That is the goofiest thing that I have ever heard. Of course here in Wisconsin they will give anyone a license regardless of training or experience.
                  "If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That's one of the reasons I moved out of Wisconsin. When the two companies in your town both have POLICE on their patches, and refuse to arm their guards with anything more than a plastic flashlight... Something is wrong.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X