Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Pays for Security: Tampa Sports Authority

Story: http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...sts/6816SIW306

Synopsis: Dec. 20--TAMPA -- Who should pay for homeland security when it comes to policing fans during the nation's biggest Sunday afternoon sporting ritual?
    The Tampa Sports Authority wants a judge to decide.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Story: http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...sts/6816SIW306

Synopsis: Dec. 20--TAMPA -- Who should pay for homeland security when it comes to policing fans during the nation's biggest Sunday afternoon sporting ritual?
    The Tampa Sports Authority wants a judge to decide.
    Good question. I am not a big football fan, I prefer hocky. But it seems to me that this being a "civilian" operation it should be cilivilian operated. This event does not involve transporation, shipping and or border crossing kind of things. But then, it is a big target for terrorists. The movie Black Sunday I believe it was called was a fair example. So I guess that's were it lays on the fine line of both. But if the TSA wants the to hire HLS to work it they should pay them for it. But then again an issue. Since HLS is not a contractual company but a federal organiztion should the tax payers be paying for it? Or just those that go to see the games? This is going to be an interesting issue to watch.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Normally, I would say Tampa. However, a biological or other catastrophic attack has the potential to affect more than just the sporting event. The cost should be split between the two with the government bearing the expense for the biological, etc. risk, and Tampa paying for general security.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

We need to "kick" this thread some more...

Pun intended. Since the Superbowl is upon us in Detroit.

Comment

No more thoughts for the Superbowl??

At least pick the winner... [Pittsburgh for me ]

Comment

Um, I don't watch football.

Only professional sports I watch are ... Well, I guess I don't watch professional sports anymore.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Um, I don't watch football.

Only professional sports I watch are ... Well, I guess I don't watch professional sports anymore.
              Well, there's always COPS....

Comment

This year's superbowl will have military and a law enforcement montage of our federal, state, local and Canadian in addition to private security. Who pays? We all do as this particular game has worldwide interest and it is the federal, state and local governments to see it goes off without a hitch. The theory: in the interest of the public good; in this instance, it certainly does justify the total "international" expense.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  At least pick the winner... [Pittsburgh for me ]
                  Another win for the Steelers!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X