Wisconsin Digital Fingerprinting Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Digital Fingerprinting Rules

Previously, one could go to any law enforcement agency and secure prints for submitting that way. Now, however, there are new rules for Wisconsin licensees (including PI and Security personnel), as outlined below:

EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2007

1). Effective January 1, 2007, each owner, member of the LLC, corporate officers or partners of the agency must submit digital fingerprints. With the digital process, results should be back within hours of the submission if no criminal record is found. The need and expense of temporary permits should be eliminated. Inked, hard copy fingerprint cards will not be accepted.

2). Digital fingerprints are required even if you currently hold a private detective license or a private security permit unless you were originally licensed within the past six months. If you meet this requirement, please indicate this on your application.

3). The Department of Regulation and Licensing has contracted with Promissor as the vendor to provide the digital fingerprint process. Applicants should visit the Promissor website and select "Fingerprinting Services" or contact the Promissor Reservation Center at 800-274-7173 to schedule an appointment. Please allow up to 5 days for an appointment to have your fingerprints taken. The cost for the digital fingerprints will be $61 and is expected at the time of the reservation in the form of a major credit/debit card, electronic check or prepaid voucher.

Electronic fingerprinting sites are currently located at:

5008 - Iron River 5050 - Elm Grove/Milwaukee

Lumberman Inn Enterprise Center 2nd Floor

7700 US Hwy 2 12700 W Blue Mound Rd

Iron River WI 58880 Elm Grove WI 53122

5052 - Green Bay 5009 - LaCrosse

2350 University Ave #100 811 Monitor St Suite 206

Green Bay WI 54302 LaCrosse WI 54601

5051 - Madison 5054 - Wausau

582 Grand Canyon Dr 2620 Stewart Ave Suite 118

Madison WI 53719 Wausau WI 54401

Two forms of signature identification are required: one must be a government issued identification with a photograph. Qualifying government issued identification includes a state driver's license, state identification, military photo ID, passport, valid school ID for minors only. Your reservation must be made in your legal name and your identification must match the reservation. If you do not present the appropriate identification, your fingerprints will not be taken and you will be held responsible for the fee. The staff at the Promissor facilities is not permitted to make any exceptions. Plan to arrive at the test center fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time of the appointment for check- in.

3). Your completed application, fee, a recent photograph of your head and shoulders and all supporting documents must be submitted to the Department within 14 days after submission of your fingerprints. If there is no criminal background history and all supporting documents have been submitted, a private detective agency license will be issued. If the search reveals a criminal background, the applicant will be requested to submit further information or a Notice of Denial will be sent as appropriate.

---

Basically, to get a license, you get to drive a good portion of the state to a "regional" area.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

AAAhhhh, good old Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. Our company just grabbed a few new hires and this new rule/reg. does kinda stick a thorn in one's side. Plus, it adds another 60 bucks to the 95 that the license costs. I'm amazed that anyone can afford to be a "Private Security Person", basically our new hires have to work almost two full eight hour shifts to pay for the license and fingerprinting.

Comment

This is funny because they'll expand it to all licensees, they don't hold PIs and Private Security Persons in any special regard. Can you see the Doctors bitch a fit as well? They're under the same licensing agency as we are.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        This is funny because they'll expand it to all licensees, they don't hold PIs and Private Security Persons in any special regard. Can you see the Doctors bitch a fit as well? They're under the same licensing agency as we are.
        You're right, actually, I've seen the issues with other professions first hand because my wife's job falls under WI DRL (occupational therapist), when we first moved back to WI she paid $400 for her license, and then 5 months later had to pay another $400 to get it renewed because of the DRL rule that all licenses for a certain profession expire on the same date in the same year (such as our expires on 31 Aug (my B-day) on even numbered years).

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
          You're right, actually, I've seen the issues with other professions first hand because my wife's job falls under WI DRL (occupational therapist), when we first moved back to WI she paid $400 for her license, and then 5 months later had to pay another $400 to get it renewed because of the DRL rule that all licenses for a certain profession expire on the same date in the same year (such as our expires on 31 Aug (my B-day) on even numbered years).
          And the agency licenses expire on the odd-number year. Amusing, isn't it? This state does some very funny things. Unfortunately, its not funny ha-ha, its funny "who appointed these people."

Comment

I will let you guys know how this is working out. We have a few people going through the process now.

Comment

Oh, its not a bad idea (we just had someone from our company go through it), but it's pretty impractical (even if it does streamline the process). To make someone drive about 25 miles and pay $61 dollars for a process that only takes a few minutes is just a waste. If they had more stations in WI, yeah it'd be great, but they don't. I liked Nathan's idea of a portable system.

Comment

Since the post office is processing Passports maybe that would be a good place to put in stations. Anyway I think it is a great idea that all license holders get this done. Almost on a weekly basis the crime reporter is talking about workmen that should be licensed are doing shoddy and dangerous work and when they track them down they end up having no license at all. Doctors included.

THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X