Allied Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
    Well the biggest thing that TWC does that makes me rip out my hair the most. Is post shifting, They never keep enough guards to man anything but their largest accounts fully with backup people just in case. Often they pull guards from one location to fill in at others on often less than 4 hours notice and sending those people to posts they have never worked before. Our office to the best of my knowledge covers a area spanning from Ashland Kentucky into West Virginia and down to central Kentucky around Lexington. as such they are often sending guards extremely long distances to cover posts. And the office get's quite pissy with you if you say no.

They also do something that I know can't be legal. Lets say you work the week of christmas, and during that week you work christmas day and also pull a extra shift and end up with 8 hours of overtime all falling in the same week. They will pay you the holiday pay but not the over time for the extra 8 hours those 8 hours your paid your standard pay rate not the time and a half that's standard OT pay.

How is that legal?
    Simple. Holiday pay is separate from regular pay. Companies promise time and a half for holiday pay but do not count it as regular pay. So you could feasibly get 32 hrs. regular pay with 8 hours holiday pay at time and a half. Or you could get 40 hrs. regular pay, work another eight on a holiday and still get 40 hrs. regular pay and 8 hrs. O.T. because the Holiday pay isn't added to your regular pay. Sucks, I know. I don't really consider it Holiday pay since if it was you would be paid for it whether or not you worked that day.

Comment

Originally posted by BailBondInvestigator View Post
      The following is not a shot at anyones firearm prowess:

Truthfully, tactically, if you need more than ten rounds in an actual gunfight, one of two things is probably true: (1) You are probably going to lose/die, and (2) you should probably cut and run, additionally, for the safety of whomever may be around. With very few exceptions, multi-round gunfights are the stuff of Hollywood action legend.
      Truthfully, tactically, if you need more than ten rounds in a gunfight then you REALLY need more than ten rounds. So the BG has a 15 round mag but you should just carry a 10 round and if that isn't enough you can just die or run for the hills. As soon as I read this, without looking, I knew you were from California.
      Last edited by sig229; 01-18-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sig229 View Post
        Truthfully, tactically, if you need more than ten rounds in a gunfight then you REALLY need more than ten rounds. So the BG has a 15 round mag but you should just carry a 10 round and if that isn't enough you can just die or run for the hills. As soon as I read this, without looking, I knew you were from California.
        WTF does CA have to do with anything?
        Navy Chief, Navy Pride

Comment

Originally posted by BailBondInvestigator View Post
          The following is not a shot at anyones firearm prowess:

Truthfully, tactically, if you need more than ten rounds in an actual gunfight, one of two things is probably true: (1) You are probably going to lose/die, and (2) you should probably cut and run, additionally, for the safety of whomever may be around. With very few exceptions, multi-round gunfights are the stuff of Hollywood action legend.
          Unfortunately, not so anymore with what the thugs and assorted lunatics are packing these days. An active-shooter situation like the recent Las Vegas courthouse or Fort Hood incidents can make you wish for one of those 100-round mags that Nate mentioned. It's pleasant to think that a couple of well-placed shots are all you should ever need, but it would be foolish to bet your life on that idea.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-18-2010, 11:05 PM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by FireControlman View Post
            WTF does CA have to do with anything?
            Hmm....10 round limit on mag capacity? Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a personal dig.

Comment

This is why I'm a strong advocate of using simulators and simunitions. Shooting a paper target that doesn't shoot back at you might very well lead one to believe you don't need much ammo. You score high and pat yourself on the back, right? All that goes out the window when you're room clearing and have multiple active shooters taking out your teammates. I've had to desperately take magazines of simunition off my "dead" teammates largely in part because somehow I wasn't hitting the tangos like I hit the paper so well, how does that happen? Adrenaline, darkness, sudden profuse sweating, sim rounds coming at you, team lead goes down, it's time to step up, what are going to do...? The magazine in your weapon and two in pouches can go quick!
              Last edited by FireControlman; 01-19-2010, 02:34 AM.
              Navy Chief, Navy Pride

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X