No announcement yet.

Allied Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone buy Darth a cup of coffee, sounds like she needs it.

Darth, i dont like security officers doing non security work but thats on a contract security job.

If theres no security work to be had, and your company finds a way to keep money in peoples pockets doing work, i think you should be happy instead of faulting them, but thats just my opinion.

I dont like being a small cog in a giant machine, but seniority should only mean i consider you for a spot, performance should be the deciding factor.

I also think that its a damn good idea (especially after reading some of the posts here) that equipment and procedures need to be specified well, very specifically

Anyways, welcome to SIW, theres alot of great info, a wealth of knowledge, some funny people, some uptight people, some hard working people, some trolls (dont feed them please, or at least dont stick anything in their cage you cant afford to have deluged in a post war) and mostly people just like you and me.

Comment

Well the biggest thing that TWC does that makes me rip out my hair the most. Is post shifting, They never keep enough guards to man anything but their largest accounts fully with backup people just in case. Often they pull guards from one location to fill in at others on often less than 4 hours notice and sending those people to posts they have never worked before. Our office to the best of my knowledge covers a area spanning from Ashland Kentucky into West Virginia and down to central Kentucky around Lexington. as such they are often sending guards extremely long distances to cover posts. And the office get's quite pissy with you if you say no.

They also do something that I know can't be legal. Lets say you work the week of christmas, and during that week you work christmas day and also pull a extra shift and end up with 8 hours of overtime all falling in the same week. They will pay you the holiday pay but not the over time for the extra 8 hours those 8 hours your paied your standard pay rate not the time and a half that's standard OT pay.

How is that legal?

Comment

I am going to weigh in here with what I know and think...and not comment on particular posts (with one exception).

The Wackenhut buyout went as follows:TWC was bought by Group4Falck some years ago. A few years later, they MERGED with Securicor and created Group4Securicor. This made them the SECOND largest security firm in the world right behind Securitas (who is certainly NOT owned by Group4).

Allied-Barton (formerly Allied/Spectaguard) is the largest American owned/based security firm and runs third largest in the world behind G4S and Securitas.

Now for my opinion, for what its worth: Securitas and G4S lost themselves in the shuffle of being billion-dollar corporations and there employees are cared for and treated as such would sugest. Allied-Barton, on the other hand, has some of the best training in the industry and, by far, the highest paying clients/posts. If anyone COULD buy TWC from G4S, it would be Allied, but, they just don't have the pure purchasing power.
        Tom Duprey
        Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

I know there was a press releacse on Allied Bartons website about the rumor of securitas aquiring Allied and they said it was false.
          Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
            Well the biggest thing that TWC does that makes me rip out my hair the most. Is post shifting, They never keep enough guards to man anything but their largest accounts fully with backup people just in case. Often they pull guards from one location to fill in at others on often less than 4 hours notice and sending those people to posts they have never worked before. Our office to the best of my knowledge covers a area spanning from Ashland Kentucky into West Virginia and down to central Kentucky around Lexington. as such they are often sending guards extremely long distances to cover posts. And the office get's quite pissy with you if you say no.

They also do something that I know can't be legal. Lets say you work the week of christmas, and during that week you work christmas day and also pull a extra shift and end up with 8 hours of overtime all falling in the same week. They will pay you the holiday pay but not the over time for the extra 8 hours those 8 hours your paied your standard pay rate not the time and a half that's standard OT pay.

How is that legal?
            This is why I never answer the phone. All incoming calls (unless I know who it is) has to leave a message.

One problem I noticed in the state of Minnesota they will call you and offer you over-time. it is your day off but you go in thinking your going to get over-time. Then later during the week they will pull a shift from you.

So I just will not go in anymore. And the easy way to not go in is just not answer the phone.
            sigpic

Comment

AlliedBarton Not For Sale

According to the attached press release, not only is AlliedBarton not for sale, the company is damanding a retraction from the person who first wrote the story. Interesting ........

http://www.alliedbarton.com/files/Co...g%20Rumors.pdf
              "The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress. I am here to put you back on schedule."

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                To put in perspective... Group4 owns Securitas, Securicor, Wackenhut, and a bunch of other companies.

Hint: If anyone's being bought, its Allied Barton.

Group4 Securitas was in Australia. I use to work for them. They were ok to work for if and only if the right is at the wheele. Are they all over the USA.?
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve354 View Post
                  Group4 Securitas was in Australia. I use to work for them. They were ok to work for if and only if the right is at the wheele. Are they all over the USA.?
                  They're all over the world. They literally are one of the largest security companies in the world. You will find their guards in just about every country.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thank you for that I will look them up.
                    ]

Comment

The liability of switching to a weapon that "contains high-capacity magazines," etc, is greater. Why is it greater? Retraining employees, finding new weapons, selling off the old ones, the fact you can now kill 10 people instead of 6 (I somehow doubt they'll use high-cap mags in those guns...), the fact it may jam if you don't hold it properly...
                      Is the low capacity mags "limit" a law or is there an operational reason?

I *think* our company has 19 cap mags, might be 17 though (we only have Glocks).

Is there any technical reason or operational reason for not going for high-cap mags?

Comment

Originally posted by Midol View Post
                        Is the low capacity mags "limit" a law or is there an operational reason?

I *think* our company has 19 cap mags, might be 17 though (we only have Glocks).

Is there any technical reason or operational reason for not going for high-cap mags?
                        I'm talking about switching from the .38 Revolver, which holds 6 rounds, to a semi-automatic which can hold up to 100 rounds depending on magazine used.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'm talking about switching from the .38 Revolver, which holds 6 rounds, to a semi-automatic which can hold up to 100 rounds depending on magazine used.
                          I wasn't even aware you can get 100 round mags for pistols My knowledge of guns is very limited which is why I asked. But going from 6 rounds -> 100 rounds, I think that basically answers my question Thanks.

A mag to hold 100 rounds would have to be huge... *googles*

Comment

Originally posted by Midol View Post
                            I wasn't even aware you can get 100 round mags for pistols My knowledge of guns is very limited which is why I asked. But going from 6 rounds -> 100 rounds, I think that basically answers my question Thanks.

A mag to hold 100 rounds would have to be huge... *googles*
                            Yes, its hilariously huge. It becomes less funny when one's on a pistol trying to kill you, though.

Comment

The following is not a shot at anyones firearm prowess:

Truthfully, tactically, if you need more than ten rounds in an actual gunfight, one of two things is probably true: (1) You are probably going to lose/die, and (2) you should probably cut and run, additionally, for the safety of whomever may be around. With very few exceptions, multi-round gunfights are the stuff of Hollywood action legend.
                              Tom Duprey
                              Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

To put in perspective... Group4 owns Securitas, Securicor, Wackenhut, and a bunch of other companies.

Hint: If anyone's being bought, its Allied Barton.
                                When did G4s acquire Securitas? I am in management for them and no one seems to know anything about it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X