Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Leadership Skills.. Ideas for comp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    Yes, but I have not posted nor even looked on the forums there in quite a while. I use the same username on all the formus I am a member of.
    Ok. I thought so, but didn't want to assume.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I noticed. Question: Are you the same histfan71 on O.com?
    Yes, but I have not posted nor even looked on the forums there in quite a while. I use the same username on all the formus I am a member of.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I'm back, the ban was only temporary.

HotelSecurity, I do not have to explain myself to you. Use the Search function of the forum and you can find the details of my career that I have chosen to explain.
    Thanks for having the guts to send me the private e-mail. I still will ask publicly the question I asked privately. With your extensive police experience (no security experience mentioned), why interact with security guards?

P.S. you never answered my questions

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied

HotelSecurity, I do not have to explain myself to you. Use the Search function of the forum and you can find the details of my career that I have chosen to explain.
    I noticed. Question: Are you the same histfan71 on O.com?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    No I want this guy to come back & explain himself. It seems very strange to me that a police officer would change jobs as often as he, going so far as having to leave the country to get a job. (Do you think I've provoked him enough )

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    That's called "ban evasion," and is usually grounds for instant ban.
    There's a reason why he was banned. It takes a lot to end up in that situation. "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    No I want this guy to come back & explain himself. It seems very strange to me that a police officer would change jobs as often as he, going so far as having to leave the country to get a job. (Do you think I've provoked him enough )
    That's called "ban evasion," and is usually grounds for instant ban.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    I am pretty sure its a dead and gone issue. Most people who get this kind of surprise are turned off to the whole deal. We both worked long enough in our industries to find this to be the case. If it helps.. Just remember, it takes all kinds to make the world turn, and our jobs interesting.

Now, back to topic.. I will have to post some other thoughts soon!

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Oh no, please don't encourage it.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Do they have to login to read the topics? I posted my e-mail address. He could always change his user name
    Oh no, please don't encourage it.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Banned users cannot login or reply to topics.
    Do they have to login to read the topics? I posted my e-mail address. He could always change his user name

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Banned users cannot login or reply to topics.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    It's a day later. He never replied. I guess like most people like him they are only BIG when they have an audience. Have a good life

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I believe the Moderator, Geoff, decides when enough is enough. See Post #3 - It reads "Banned" under his name.
    Even if he is banned I hope he can still read the posts. If so I'm still waiting for answers.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    # 6 is the one that I liked the best. Even better than verbal acknowledgement is something tangible, a certificate of performance, gift card for dinner, etc., and rank/hourly increase if merited and budgeted.

If this isn't done, officers will begin to think: "Why should I do any more/better than the minimum needed to keep the job?"
    This is so very true.. many days I went through without due appreciation from employers, so I knew I never wanted to be like them. Even though I have gone up, I never forget where I started and what it was like.. Pay included. What little amount of a "raise" I was awarded for position, I dont forget, and even contribute back. In instance where I spoke out about the fact I hire college students to work for me, I remember going to college and how short funds were due to this. In return, many of my Officers who are college students, i personally purchased some of their duty gear, as I knew they could not afford it on their own. A simple Bianchi MK4 holder dropped in an officers box, makes a difference on their attitude, especially when they ask about it, and I respond with "its yours, you need it". Simple little things like this show we care that they do such a good job, and we dont want them to forget how much we appreciate it. As a soldier, you are taught that the grunt is the meat of the Army, and without that one grunt, it can make a major impact on your strenght. This is true to the civillian world as well.

I could never run my department by myself. If I could it wouldnt be a department, but a single contractor of services. I would love to challenge any employer/supervisor, to take one day out of their lives and show just a brief moment of appreciation to those that work for us and make things happen. You would even be amazed at what a hand shake at the end of the day, or a pat on the back as they type away at their Daily report, will do to moral. I found out that a department will pull amazing miracles and performance out of themsleves, even when we cant compensate them with funds, when there is high moral.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X