Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

County to Motel 6: Hired Armed Guards Or Else!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County to Motel 6: Hired Armed Guards Or Else!

Sacramento County is threatening legal action against Motel 6 if they don't hire armed guards and take other remedial actions with respect to their nuisance properties, which are cesspools of criminal activity.

Not only that, but the county is demanding that the company put $755,000 into a fund that would be used to defray the costs to public agencies of responding to calls to these properties.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/new...uards-pay-755k
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-13-2015, 11:52 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

County To Motel 6: Hired Armed Guards Or Else!

It sounds like the LivINN Hotel near me. I think you have to have a minimum of three felony convictions to stay there!

Comment

Guess they're not leaving the light on...

Good for the county!
      Last edited by Soper; 12-18-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
        Guess they're not leaving the light one...

Good for the county!
        Honestly while I support the efforts of the county and the police this amounts to nothing but a legal shake down of a Gray market business. Hotels are used to do things you can not do at home. The fact that these three hotels are catering to criminal activity is how the police should be looking at this. Arrests made on hotel employees as accessories in the crimes would do more then having the hotel pay for the police for additional calls. Besides the criminal element has thrived in the fact that the police presence was as sparse as it was. Going after for damages may work but if the hotel still caters to the criminal element then things will not change. I really do not see what legal president they have to collect from the hotel properties. While these ideas are good ideas there is a slippery slope that I see could become a way for the government to use this as a revenue stream.
        Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
        Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

While I see your point, PS, I think the defense would be simply showing the reasonable steps taken to keep it safe. I suspect Motel 6 is a franchise deal, in which case corporate needs to be more focused on their hotel owners providing better security. Other hotel chains will yank your franchise agreement and make you pull their name off if your hotel does not meet company standards.

It is tough to to stop crimes in a transitory setting, as noted. But a trained staff and even unarmed security can greatly improve the situation. I worked one property that lessened their issues significantly by having observant staff. (Like the soup owner on Seinfeld, the night auditor would shout, "Out! Out now!" when a known prostitute got 5 feet in the door. Word got out.)

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            While I see your point, PS, I think the defense would be simply showing the reasonable steps taken to keep it safe. I suspect Motel 6 is a franchise deal, in which case corporate needs to be more focused on their hotel owners providing better security. Other hotel chains will yank your franchise agreement and make you pull their name off if your hotel does not meet company standards.

It is tough to to stop crimes in a transitory setting, as noted. But a trained staff and even unarmed security can greatly improve the situation. I worked one property that lessened their issues significantly by having observant staff. (Like the soup owner on Seinfeld, the night auditor would shout, "Out! Out now!" when a known prostitute got 5 feet in the door. Word got out.)
            It sounds to me that the hotel management has let things go beyond the point that this would be effective. The reputation of these properties alone means that normal people will not want to stay there. So in order to keep the rooms rented they will rent to some questionable people. Keepping enough rooms rented is the name of the game. Hotel management is going to try to fight this due to the business model they have with dealing with the criminal element. Every hotel turns a blind eye to certain things like drug use, prostitution and underage drinking to name a few. I know damn well that a female coming to a hotel room with a message tables at 2300 is rubbing more then backs.
            Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
            Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

PS,

It's not just the hotels. Crime is exported into the community and others become victims. The County is right on with this. We've done the same thing in my city, and we finally got a handle on the criminal elements.

It's holding the problem causers responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                I suspect Motel 6 is a franchise deal, in which case corporate needs to be more focused on their hotel owners providing better security.
                Motel 6 has about 680 franchise locations, and another 490 that are company owned. The ones in question here are probably company-owned, by the way I read the article anyway.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

"The County" AKA Commiefornia politicians are to blame, not Motel 6.

I've stayed in Motel 6 fairly recently because they were cheap. Most if not all of the other guest where what I'd class as "obviously non-criminals". Families with U-hauls, etc.

Let me guess, Sack-o-tomatoes is a "sanctuary city/county" meaning its a sanctuary for foreign criminals, not American children or families.

Its CA so its also all about "Catch and Release" of non-violent criminals. That included auto theft, burglary, etc.

I'm sure that the management of Motel 6 would be DELIGHTED if CA and Sac-town went back to how it was in the old days.

Its sickening that CA politicans would try to foist the blame for their own criminally insane sociopaths policies on an individual private business that has always catered to wholesome middle America.

Motel 6 has never even ever attempted to have a cool imagine. They don't hire rappers as spokesmen, they hire Tom Bodel for god's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosteve View Post

they will rent to some questionable people.
                    It is called The Civil Rights Act of 1964, sir.

Its what Donald Trump and his daddy got in some trouble over back in the day.

The majority of CA is now a Protected Class (non-White) so if you refuse to rent to them on any grounds plan on being sued and maybe even criminally charged for violating their civil rights.

Yes, they do this on purpose. Handcuff honest citizens, then hold them overly accountable for what happens as a result.

Meanwhile, the entire Law Enforcement community is completely insulated from voters. Its a closed Good Olde Boys Club. It doesn't matter who gets elected as mayor, you can't get rid of the same clique of cops on the force that will work to only allow similar types on the force.

PS-IMO CRA of 1964 is unConstitutional because it takes away rights of private business and individuals to Refuse Service, etc.
                    Last edited by Squid; 12-23-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

"Entire..." yeah... You go girl. If you ever put one ounce of effort into posting something FACTUAL, you'd be amazed at how well it would be received. But...you won't. You'll just keep posting dreck and showing everyone what a basement dweller you are.

Comment

The town near me, made up a law that requires Walmart & shopping centers and such to have uniformed guards and a mobile unit paroling the lot!

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/phil...ficials_v.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jstar571 View Post
                          The town near me, made up a law that requires Walmart & shopping centers and such to have uniformed guards and a mobile unit paroling the lot!

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/phil...ficials_v.html
                          This ordinance is a lawsuit waiting to happen. It makes it clear that the guards don't have police powers (though the ordinance itself can't "give" or "revoke" said powers). However, the guards don't need police powers to intervene in an assault/robbery and at the least pbysically prorect the victim from harm. Does the ordinance state whether it's ok to "observe and report" or are they expected to intervene?

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X