Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Page Ad

Does anyone still use Yellow Page Ads?

I'm trying to decide if we should invest in one or spend our marketing money someplace else..

Thank you!

Originally posted by Kiowa Security View Post
    Does anyone still use Yellow Page Ads?

I'm trying to decide if we should invest in one or spend our marketing money someplace else..

Thank you!
    I think it would depend on the cost, the size of the city where the yellow pages is { Phoenix, Boston, or Hooterville, Iowa}

Me? I miss the yellow pages. Washer needed repair. I had to go on line and find someone
    Old days
    Look to Washer Repair in the Yellow Pages
    Full Page ad
    SMILEY CURTIS, WASHER REPAIR REPAIRS..HONEST SAME DAY WORK
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Pros and Cons of yellow pages

It's iffy. Might be worth it because now days if you buy an ad you also get a lisiting on the internet version. If your company works in areas with limited internet access (or if they still have pay phones, lol), it might be cost effective.

However, I work in an affluent suburb. Any time we have the phone book people come through, the recycle bins are filled the next day. True story: a guy asked me how to get a hold of a local charity. I told him I didn't have the number. I asked him if he had internet. he said no, his cable and internet were down (translation: didn't pay the bill). I asked, "Well, you have a Yellow Pages, right?" Blank stare. And no, he didn't have a phone book.

Like Copie, I still have a land line because when the power goes out, the cell tower goes down but my home phone works. The phone book doesn't require batteries, and its good for hiding money in - no one looks at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
        It's iffy. Might be worth it because now days if you buy an ad you also get a lisiting on the internet version. If your company works in areas with limited internet access (or if they still have pay phones, lol), it might be cost effective.

However, I work in an affluent suburb. Any time we have the phone book people come through, the recycle bins are filled the next day. True story: a guy asked me how to get a hold of a local charity. I told him I didn't have the number. I asked him if he had internet. he said no, his cable and internet were down (translation: didn't pay the bill). I asked, "Well, you have a Yellow Pages, right?" Blank stare. And no, he didn't have a phone book.

Like Copie, I still have a land line because when the power goes out, the cell tower goes down but my home phone works. The phone book doesn't require batteries, and its good for hiding money in - no one looks at it.
        I have an old trimline phone in the kitchen and three battery operated phones elsewhere in the house. When power goes out I still have the trimline.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I haven't ever looked in the phone book when looking for a business. Then again, I did grow up in the internet age and if I needed a store's location or name I simply just used Google to find my answer. However, I have noticed several online directories that have very high rankings on Google. For example, search a local security company on Google. You will likely find 3-4 websites that are simply directories that also offer reviews. Those sites may be a good place to start to make sure your business is present there.

Another thing is how Google sorts results based on your location, and one of the ways they do this is if the business is located near you on Google Places.

Marketing on the internet is not a simple task. However, it is one of the best ways to reach out to new clients that find you.

Good luck!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X