Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Sorry for the delay in getting back and thanking everyone who replied. I've been pretty busy as of late... But, thank you...

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    I am looking into SBA funding as well as a private NON-bank lending institution, and learning to hate cash flow projections more and more each and everyday.
    These requirements can be very challenging, especially if you don't have a strong business education and/or background. However, they are designed to force you to think about how you're actually going to succeed in business.

You might want to contact SCORE for help with this process. This organization of retired business executives offers free counseling and assistance that is precisely geared to people who are trying to start up businesses and dealing with these issues.

Heres the link to SCORE - check them out.

Also, check with your local Chamber of Commerce and see if you can discover whether there's a special "economic development agency" in your area. These can be very good for locating resources for starting your business other than the "usual channels".

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Mmm, maybe I should move to Wisconson that's not to bad! Second thought, I don't want to have to wait till I have a gun pointed at me BEFORE I can act to defend myself. If I read that post right, that is... LOL

I am looking into SBA funding as well as a private NON-bank lending institution, and learning to hate cash flow projections more and more each and everyday. How the hell does anyone accurately foresee how many miles they will have to travel per night 9 months down the road, and then guess how much gas will cost per gallon, then take all that and put it into a nice little monthly total? I half jest when asking that, as that is what I being told I have to do... And, they want a worse case scenario as well as a best case scenario... I almost feel like just writing down;

Best case scanrio= I pay off the loan before the loan cycle ends.

Worst case scanrio= The business fails, I change my name and move to Belize.

LMAO
    The more collateral you have, the less hoops you have to jump through, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Mmm, maybe I should move to Wisconson that's not to bad! Second thought, I don't want to have to wait till I have a gun pointed at me BEFORE I can act to defend myself. If I read that post right, that is... LOL

I am looking into SBA funding as well as a private NON-bank lending institution, and learning to hate cash flow projections more and more each and everyday. How the hell does anyone accurately foresee how many miles they will have to travel per night 9 months down the road, and then guess how much gas will cost per gallon, then take all that and put it into a nice little monthly total? I half jest when asking that, as that is what I being told I have to do... And, they want a worse case scenario as well as a best case scenario... I almost feel like just writing down;

Best case scanrio= I pay off the loan before the loan cycle ends.

Worst case scanrio= The business fails, I change my name and move to Belize.

LMAO

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Looking at starting up my own company in the near future...
    have very good credit plus at least 10 grand? Unless you have 10 grand in collateral or cash, find someone who does.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Looking at starting up my own company in the near future...
    Last edited by ValleyOne; 01-27-2007, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SJPA-Agency
    replied
    Owner, San Joaquin Protection.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by hrdickinson
    I like it too but there is not much "traffic". Considering it's sponsored by ASIS, that is pretty shocking.
    Just look at the software that runs it, Ultimate BB System. That software costed upwards of $10,000-$40,000 dollars when it was popular (unlimited license, yearly licenses were usually $2,000 to $3,000 dollars) had very little features, and was quickly replaced by the free (and still feature-less) YaBB.

Anyone running a UBB gets what they deserve, which is lots of spammers.

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Aw, come on, I love that forum! The spam ads are so weird there.
    I like it too but there is not much "traffic". Considering it's sponsored by ASIS, that is pretty shocking.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Yea but it is as active as a turtle. The last hosptiality posting was a year ago!

By the way SPS is back since Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Aw, come on, I love that forum! The spam ads are so weird there.

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Originally posted by MACATACT
    I am a company owner and come to these sites for information about upcoming projects as well as looking for experienced officers/operators. Thanks for this helpful site...
    Welcome aboard, I think you will find that this is a fairly active forum. It is much more active than, say, securitymanagement.com at ASIS.

Leave a comment:

• MACATACT
    replied
    Company Owners

I am a company owner and come to these sites for information about upcoming projects as well as looking for experienced officers/operators. Thanks for this helpful site...

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Wait just a minute, I thought I was God's gift to security!!

Seriously, you are accurate in many ways. However, there are companies out there where the owners have let go of their egoes to an extent and are trying to build a quality company to pass on to their heirs. Sometimes the heirs are the problem. Where are you located?

Leave a comment:

• VertigoODO
    replied
    publicsafetyred

Where are you from.

Ok I have managed a company for 4 years and now stepped down to do sales work for my current company. Yes companies here in San Diego UNDERBID like a SOB!!! As a matter of a fact that is why I get so fusterated. HOWEVER, I get intell on local companies such as sites, prices, and so on. If I am underbid at $13.00 hour I attack that companies contracts. Usually when I am through I walk away with 3 to 5 contracts when I am done. Our company charges $18-$23 hour on average depending on the work, location, and request for equipment. Our patrol service is a flat rate of $700 month, and for an off Duty cop we are really high. However what I have been experiencing is walking into a managers office and having them tell me about how ****ty there guard service is and about how they cant stand them. When we then talk about price, and they see ours is $5.00 hr more, I explain why there current service is so bad.

As far as employees go, I have two owners I must satisfy. One is great business wise, the other forgets things constantly and allows "office drama".. Yet another reason why I stepped down. It happens everywhere, theres nothing you can do about it. My last employer was verbally abusive and felt he was gods gift to security. I watched that company at its best spiral straight down because of his ego. Owners are owners. I have found most of them were terminated from there last job and opened there own company to run it "there way!" which is fine, but they need to remember how they were treated and not treat others like this.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X