Best Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy

Has anyone worked Best Buy LP before? How was it? Did you make apprehensions?
    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Best Buy NYC has outside contractors come in and do their security. I work for [edited] a NYC based security company and they at one point were one of our clients but not anymore.

Not sure what happened with the contract but when I was working at their store I wasn't really a detective I stood in front of the store entrance with their yellow t-shirt on and kept an eye on the cctv monitors from that station. I put stickers on the return or broken merchandise that came in and the entire store was monitored via CCTV we had no dead spots, once a shop lifter came close to the entrance/exit (both centered around our station) we stopped then and asked to see their bags. I am usually doing undercover LPO work but the Best Buy store I was assigned to didn't have a detective group at that time, honestly they didn't need one the cctv setup was rather impressive.

EDIT: Sorry didn't answer part of your question, yes we did make alot of arrests. Mostly little nicnacs and PC software nothing really of a lot of value we had a lot of amateur shoplifters and kids who just want to see if they can get away with it that were just screaming catch me. By the way hi everyone I've been reading this forum for quite some time now but never posted.
    Last edited by LatinPrince; 10-04-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinPrince View Post
      Best Buy NYC has outside contractors come in and do their security. I work for [edited] a NYC based security company and they at one point were one of our clients but not anymore.

Not sure what happened with the contract but when I was working at their store I wasn't really a detective I stood in front of the store entrance with their yellow t-shirt on and kept an eye on the cctv monitors from that station. I put stickers on the return or broken merchandise that came in and the entire store was monitored via CCTV we had no dead spots, once a shop lifter came close to the entrance/exit (both centered around our station) we stopped then and asked to see their bags. I am usually doing undercover LPO work but the Best Buy store I was assigned to didn't have a detective group at that time, honestly they didn't need one the cctv setup was rather impressive.

EDIT: Sorry didn't answer part of your question, yes we did make alot of arrests. Mostly little nicnacs and PC software nothing really of a lot of value we had a lot of amateur shoplifters and kids who just want to see if they can get away with it that were just screaming catch me. By the way hi everyone I've been reading this forum for quite some time now but never posted.

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum!
      If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X